• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Oh, not at all. I prefer him to have it. I'm just saying it's worth noting that you can jump out of Laura's and Mika's, even though theirs are grapples too.
That's because they're not 720 motions. SFIV was the same way- double HCFs were jumpable, 720s were not.

Venfayth

Really frustrated with the netcode right now. I'm playing only matches that are 5 bars but some of them feel like 3 or 4 bars. And in laggy matches I simply cannot react to dashes. Players teleport next to me or teleport into the air instead of doing their startup frames for dashes or jumps, and then I'm command grabbed. It's really infuriating.

FluxWaveZ

Someone told me that Vega's command grab was super slow, but it seems just as fast as any other. I feel like I need to treat him like he's a grappler, and it's really strange.

Whales

Banned
Someone told me that Vega's command grab was super slow, but it seems just as fast as any other. I feel like I need to treat him like he's a grappler, and it's really strange.

Tbh I don't understand why he has one, he already has a bunch of tools without it

MrDaravon

Holy shit Battle Lounges work for me now! Of course I set one up asking for Bronze to Super Bronze players since I wasn't able to escape the ~900-1200 LP vortex AND I haven't played in about two weeks. Dude loads in as a Rookie so I'm like whatever. Match starts and suddenly he's Silver rank and he fucking demolishes me lol.

Baleoce

Random feature request:

Being able to click magnetic links in a browser or chat window that contains a replays ID tag, it then switches to the game and plays it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this game is actually unplayable with the tiniest amount of rollback. Mostly because of dashes and anti-airs. Just can't react anymore.

Random feature request:

Being able to click magnetic links in a browser or chat window that contains a replays ID tag, it then switches to the game and plays it.
That sounds like a feature that's 7 years away.

I just can't believe no characters are clicking with me. This is the first fighting game where I can't find a main and I've had it since launch. Hopefully I'll find something with the DLC characters, because not having someone I want to get better with is a bad feeling. Seems like I'm just wasting my time.

qcf x2

Can't you jump out of Mika's and Laura's?

You can actually sweep Mika's. I learned that the funny/hard way.

Someone just RQ'd out of a damn battle lounge match. That's a first.

Anyone from EU wanna do some games? Noray87

I had somebody do this last night after sending me messages between games saying stuff like "good game" and "I'm happy!"

I guess somewhere along the line his mood changed. Like most Rashids, he thought his moves were safer than they actually are.

Highlight of my night was some sets against a Gief who used all of his tools. We played Footsy Fighter V, which is my favorite game. So of course I sent him a friend request after our 5 or 6 sets. Sike, he was on PC so there was no way to do that and we'll probably never get to play again. GG Capcom!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Random feature request:

lol wut?
Player 2 can't go to the character select screen and you want browser integration?
We're not THAT #esports yet

LegendX48

Be careful, this method is not full proof! I know this because I play my friend who imho is probably the king of walldives (well in SF4 for sure, SFV he's made the best use of it thus far), he baits me all the time, and it's not just me he does it to a lot of people.

https://youtu.be/9oSBlQZkySw?t=50s

I know, I learned this about the same time I found out Laura can grab him out of it. It gets crazy when he's directly above me and I can't tell which direction is back/forward.

Baleoce

That sounds like a feature that's 7 years away.

Probably haha. There's definitely other priorities atm for sure. In reality though, if every replay has an ID number, this shouldn't be that tricky to implement.

lol wut?
Player 2 can't go to the character select screen and you want browser integration?
We're not THAT #esports yet

it's a pretty tragic state of affairs when you put it like that.

Necalli def has the best V-Trigger.

Well he trades in his v-reversal for it, which makes him free to chipdamage CA blockstrings.

I can't tell if I'm impressed by this or mad about this.

giphy.gif

neither? The hitbox on the grab is pretty massive, and he caught karin from behind, the EX ressenha hitbox is in front of it, there was no way for it to hit before her invulnerable frames ran out and the grab hit.

That angle will beat every srk unless it auto corrects.

MrDaravon

Is the 5 frame startup on EX SBK worse than it sounds if you're trying to do it getting up from a knockdown? I swear 90% of the time when I get knocked down as Chun and I try to do it against a jump-in/crossup it just never comes out. Never had the slightest problem with this in SF4, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just not reliable the same way in SFV or what.

kirblar

Is the 5 frame startup on EX SBK worse than it sounds if you're trying to do it getting up from a knockdown? I swear 90% of the time when I get knocked down as Chun and I try to do it against a jump-in/crossup it just never comes out. Never had the slightest problem with this in SF4, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just not reliable the same way in SFV or what.
IIRC, it's really bad against jump ins and shouldn't be used to anti-air them because it'll get stuffed.

mbpm1

I can't tell if I'm impressed by this or mad about this.

giphy.gif

I've jumped as Gief into Karin and normal (not EX) air grabbed her out of the startup of her EX right as she left the ground while I was directly in front of her.

Not good against throws apparently

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any tips on Mika vs Bison matchup? I always feel scared to push buttons because of frametraps. Once he's on the ground he's fairly safe due to no reversals, but I almost always lose the air-to-air exchanges and some of his shit is like impossible to anti air (glowy hand/footstomp).

Reversals are just super tight to pull off in this game, I think it's actually one of the hardest aspects to nail consistently execution-wise for a scrub like me. Most times I'm too late or it doesn't come out at all. Or it says "reversal" on the screen but I get hit anyway (despite armor) due to rollback nonsense or something.

Another Mika question: What's the ranges of command grabs, from highest range to lowest? I assumed EX versions had the most range/fastest startup but is that actually true?

So of course I sent him a friend request after our 5 or 6 sets. Sike, he was on PC so there was no way to do that and we'll probably never get to play again. GG Capcom!

In other games, you wouldn't have even been able to PLAY this person at all, because most fighting games have no PS4 to PC crossplay.

Anyways, you can favorite them...so yeah, you could definitely play them again.

GG Capcom indeed.

Anyone have any tips on Mika vs Bison matchup? I always feel scared to push buttons because of frametraps. Once he's on the ground he's fairly safe due to no reversals, but I almost always lose the air-to-air exchanges and some of his shit is like impossible to anti air (glowy hand/footstomp).

His head stomp (d+u move) is difficult to anti-air but is very easy to air-to-air on reaction.

Don't try to anti-air his jump.hp as it is extremely difficult to anti-air properly.

Try to neutral jump if he dashes in and you're unsure of what to do.

Respect his frametraps. His st.HK is +3 on block so even if he does cr.mp after, it'll still beat any normal you can dish out.

Remember that his inferno is punishable.

qcf x2

In other games, you wouldn't have even been able to PLAY this person at all, because most fighting games have no PS4 to PC crossplay.

Anyways, you can favorite them...so yeah, you could definitely play them again.

GG Capcom indeed.

Yeah, I could definitely play them again... if I use my latent ESP powers and invite them at a time when they're playing SFV and not in a match. I don't know why you feel the need to vehemently defend Capcom at every turn. Yes, crossplay is new for fighters. I know. I'm not taking it for granted. Thanks. They have my money, it's absolutely stupid for them to not have a way to communicate to others using their network that they forced on us. How hard is it to create a chat client / friends list? I'm not even asking for voice, heaven forbid.

Bob White

OK, win or lose, I'm sick of ranked/non ranked being only one match. Winning one match in this game means nothing. 2 of 3 games should be forced in ranked.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the feedback on the EX SBK, need to look at other options. I am super free to cross-ups so I intending to use that as a get off me move, but that's clearly not working (unless they're really late on the jump-in or something).

Edit: 7 hour "maintenance", hmmmmmmmm. If it is indeed just maintenance and not a patch or anything that's kinda LOL.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
SEVEN HOUR MAINTENANCE? Holy crap, wtf

don't get your hopes up.

As much as I want to get my hopes up, it is extremely likely that their priority will be fixing that ID login issue where you're logged in as someone else and not the patch.

But who knows, they can still do both.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
7 hour maintenance...even if it's not the patch, maybe it's database fixes and I can get my id back lol

Concerning the game...something really clicked for me since watching FR. For one, V-Reversal is underrated. With Karin you can do one or two and still get V-Trigger, which is key for keeping control of the match, especially against a character like Mika. Often it even lets you get out of the corner. And two...I let people hang themselves and don't chase the kill. Been working great, a lot of cracking going on at <10% health.

Quesa

It would be downright boneheaded for them to not say anything the weekend before, piss everyone off, then have any kind of a update the following Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom