• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol whenever someone messed up a cross-up attempt against me and i'm using sim, i always can't help myself from trying to kick them using b+mk. which almost always results in my foot getting crossed up. hitboxes in this game are weird...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Man I am starting to hate this game. One of the problems you have when the casuals don't buy it...everyone you play beats your ass. I seldom feel good about my play lol and I'm not even new to fighters or anything.

Guess I'm used to online shooters where there is a bit of give and take and you can still feel good about yourself when you lose. Heh

Here's hoping kof lets u play teams online so I don't have to shoulder all the blame for losses. :)

on friday i got to Bison on normal survival with Mika, Zangief, Bison and Laura and died with all 4 coz Bison just goes nuts.

Anyone got any tips for those characters against last Bison match?

I've not touched the game since as i'm still mad

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Tip: Don't play survival.

But yeah, Bison is susceptible to cross-ups. Get a knockdown and try to abuse it.

But really: Don't play survival.

Steroyd

on friday i got to Bison on normal survival with Mika, Zangief, Bison and Laura and died with all 4 coz Bison just goes nuts.

Anyone got any tips for those characters against last Bison match?

I've not touched the game since as i'm still mad

His anti air is shit, just jump in heavy kick, bail, then jump in heavy kick again, it's not pretty but fuck that mode, I don't care.

Renekton

The Bison cpu has two modes at beginning. If he walks towards you he is in aggro mode so neutral jump. If he backs off he is in wait mode so charge your Laura FB.

He is weak to crossup MK so just spam it on him when in range.

If he does his long attack string on you, just block all the way and don't press buttons. Jump away when it is over.

Had a ragequitter that was at 7.4k lp. I don't know why I bother with ranked anymore, place is chock full of frauds. I don't feel like grinding to platinum anymore until capcom decides to fix this...

I stopped playing ranked a while ago for the very same reason.

All Nashes soothing infiltration style? Check

All Ryu's jumping in with lk? Check

Lol...gonna Dp that junk for days, u ain't stuffin me Ryu!!!

Nash dash throw is very hard to react to though

Syntsui

Are you guys going to blow your money on characters/costumes as soon as the store is open or are you going to stack 1m to get the trophy? We have no confirmation that the trophy is achievable with all the money at the same time.

Baleoce

Are you guys going to blow your money on characters/costumes as soon as the store is open or are you going to stack 1m to get the trophy? We have no confirmation that the trophy is achievable with all the money at the same time.

Saving it until I can see how currency is accumulated via dailies, in order to get a better idea of what the reasonable rate of accumulation over time is. As opposed to the starter FM we've been given through story / survival.

Syntsui

I'm pretty sure we will get some kind of sales over time, I will wait patiently as I don't intend to main any of the new characters.

Maulik

Laura and Bison player here on PS4: Recipe4disastr. Let me know if any of you guys are up for games or add me to the SF5 chat group if one exists.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I get that capcom wanted people coming back to survival, and some gamers want unlockables. The problem is the AI which makes the mode less fun but it is doable even on hard/hell. Its just a case of learning and getting lucky with the supplements.
More than the AI for me it's the time it takes just to get to the part where it's actually hard. Hell mode should be 10 fights against level 8 CPU characters, not 100 rounds with a slow ramp.

cackhyena

Laura and Bison player here on PS4: Recipe4disastr. Let me know if any of you guys are up for games or add me to the SF5 chat group if one exists.
I see your name pop up on my ps4 every once in a while. We must have become friends waaaaaay back in the day after playing each other in SF4 on PS3.

jeemer

On the incredibly unlikely off-chance that anyone in this thread is in the north west of england, there's a sf night on tonight at bootleg social in blackpool. There will be at least a couple of setups and some nice folks. Tried to link the facebook group but it's apparently closed for some reason, holla at me via pm if interested.

100,000 each.

That's ... actually surprising.

LakeEarth

Capcom has been pretty bad so far, but there's no way they didn't mean "total" accumulated fight money for that trophy. Meaning you can still spend the fight money and get the achievement once you would've hit a million if you didn't spend it.

Then again, with this launch, all bets are off. I'd hate to not be able to get the platinum because of a single bronze trophy.

His anti air is shit, just jump in heavy kick, bail, then jump in heavy kick again, it's not pretty but fuck that mode, I don't care.

Thanks, gonna make my return to survival normal and play as cheap as possible i'm so close to 400K in FM but those 4 characters cause me problems again rage Bison

Anyone in the UK/EU up for a set? Still can't invite so my CFN is CantaloupeHead
I added you but I can't create lobbies, nor do I get invites. Here's hoping the maintenance today fixes that. You can't tell when people are online so it's really difficult to get games going.

Anyone else in the UK feel free to add me, SeeNoWeevil.

LakeEarth

Yesterday, I had the most painful Survival experience in Normal mode. I swear from battle 21 to 30, I got "low" health recovery 70-80% of the time. The random number generator gods were not looking down on me.

Tirael

Capcom has been pretty bad so far, but there's no way they didn't mean "total" accumulated fight money for that trophy. Meaning you can still spend the fight money and get the achievement once you would've hit a million if you didn't spend it.

Then again, with this launch, all bets are off. I'd hate to not be able to get the platinum because of a single bronze trophy.

What are you talking about? You can always get a million fight money.

Eventually.

FluxWaveZ

Having a go-to punish for her TC scored me tons of damage as well.

Oh... Mika's Stomp Chomp is -6, as opposed to her st.MP just being -2. That explains it. Wow, that move is actually not very safe, and all this time I was using it as a follow-up after the charged divekick as though it was because opponents wouldn't do anything about it.

Shito

Oh... Mika's Stomp Chomp is -6, as opposed to her st.MP just being -2. That explains it. Wow, that move is actually not very safe, and all this time I was using it as a follow-up after the charged divekick as though it was because opponents wouldn't do anything about it.
Hmm, I see it listed as -5 here, but yeah, as a rule of thumb, target combos are not safe in SF5.

Honzo talking about Capcom handling ragequits: https://www.twitch.tv/honzo_gonzo/v/55858899?t=36m45s

You don't need to send anything in anymore, they can see high disconnects and once a week they go over the data.
Which is a terrible solution. It really isn't any solution, but I thought I'd share.
Well, it's still better than nothing, but I hope they won't take too long implementing a real solution.

Honzo talking about Capcom handling ragequits: https://www.twitch.tv/honzo_gonzo/v/55858899?t=36m45s

You don't need to send anything in anymore, they can see high disconnects and once a week they go over the data.
Which is a terrible solution. It really isn't any solution, but I thought I'd share.

When they first put this in, they said that this was their quick solution while they are working on a more permanent solution. So it'll be changing at some point in the future.

I believe it's -5, but yea it often goes unpunished from players that don't really know the MU.

I can't even say I know the MU that well, but I at least learned how to punish some of her unsafe options.

Also her cr.HP being -4 at worst is really stupid lol

Renekton

At least it can't be too hard to dump the server data into excel, get two management signoffs and demote them via the admin cockpit.

jeemer

After being completely ignored by any capcom rep I've reached out to, and some desperate googling, I have a workaround here for people still having issues creating battle lounges on pc. I asked for help here a few times weeks ago and no one had any info, so I'm hoping this will help someone. It definitely looks like it's directly related to issues with CFN accounts; wrong LP/rank/name reporting etc.

The workaround is to create a new CFN account. This may be very straighforward on ps4 (or impossible? i have no idea) but it's a quite involved on pc.

Essentially you have to do the following:

• Setup steam guard on your main steam account
  • Logout and sign up for a new steam account
  • Verify new steam account
  • Setup steam guard on this new steam account. the process is a little funky - i used the same phone number on my secondary account as my main account already uses. You have to then sign into the secondary account on the phone app, while it displays the security key for your primary account (i found this confusing, but just ignore the key shown and sign in with your secondary account details, you won't be asked for a key)
  • Once signed in, with steam guard activated on the secondary account you will be able to go left/right within the app key area to view the steam guard keys for each of your two accounts
  • Setup family sharing locally on your pc on your primary account (or share specifically to your secondary account instead of making it pc-wide)
  • Login to the secondary account on Steam
  • Start SFV
  • Complete tutorial (again)
  • Create new CFN account
  • Create battle lounge
The process is a bit of a hassle to say the least, and since it's a new CFN account you will lose custom options, favourite characters, colours etc. - but I managed to get games with my friend last night for the first time in weeks.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about this Honzo stream is that more than half of the people he plays rage quit on him

Syntsui

The fact that MK X has all the frame data right there for anyone to check it.... For fuck's sake Capcom, just do it. You wanted to make a product that had pretty much its entire appeal to the pros, this should be a no brainer.

Trickster

Seems fine assumming that's not their long term plan for dealing with people quitting excessively.

Really surprised they still haven't implemented some sort of ingame fix, even if just a temporary one while they get a proper fix coded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom