• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Putting a time restricting online play everytime you ragequit, just like Smash is the best solution possible. Also, the opponent MUST receive the deserve FM, this is the worst part about rage quitting.

Uh I was looking at Laura's hitbox on her j.lk crossup...

bMYPseF.png

That looks way better than Ryu's.

edit: I was wrong :(

Why does the hitbox extend above her thigh and over her ass? Over half of her body?

LakeEarth

What are you talking about? You can always get a million fight money.

Eventually.

Technically, but if I spend all the FM from the story and survival modes, it's a very very VERY long road ahead of me. Though we still don't know how much daily challenges will net us.

Renekton

Putting a time restricting online play everytime you ragequit, just like Smash is the best solution possible. Also, the opponent MUST receive the deserve FM, this is the worst part about rage quitting.
Erm... let's not ask Capcom to do anything more complicated than deduct extra points :D

hitsugi

Capcom's solution right now is surprisingly elegant. They know the netcode is trash and don't want to punish players for dropping out of an unplayable match. While this makes up a small fraction of people who drop matches, it is still a very real and much more prevalent issue than it was in SF4.

Speaking of which, you didn't get points in SF4 if your opponent dropped, either.. however, the opponent received a fairly hefty penalty per drop. Not quite as heavy as losing several thousand points depending on player progression, though.. I personally like the weekly sweeps.

Quesa

Just ran into a Vega and I don't think either of us knew the matchup. Just kept doing random shit, and neither of us knew what to punish. I won but woof. Need pointers on dealing with him.

Clawww

I believe it's -5, but yea it often goes unpunished from players that don't really know the MU.

I can't even say I know the MU that well, but I at least learned how to punish some of her unsafe options.

Also her cr.HP being -4 at worst is really stupid lol
Fuck that move tbh

Spuck-uk

Banned
On the incredibly unlikely off-chance that anyone in this thread is in the north west of england, there's a sf night on tonight at bootleg social in blackpool. There will be at least a couple of setups and some nice folks. Tried to link the facebook group but it's apparently closed for some reason, holla at me via pm if interested.

That's ... actually surprising.

Liverpool here. Can't make it personally, but I'll pass it on to the scouse mans.

jeemer

Liverpool here. Can't make it personally, but I'll pass it on to the scouse mans.

nice one - it's lancashire battle league on fb if anyone wants to join, think they just have to send a request first. it ran for a good while before with sfiv too.

there's other games as well as sfv, fighting games and I think they're on about a m:tg tournament too. the guy who runs it is also in talks to do cross event stuff with the manny folks who do manchester battle arena.

galvatron

After being completely ignored by any capcom rep I've reached out to, and some desperate googling, I have a workaround here for people still having issues creating battle lounges on pc. I asked for help here a few times weeks ago and no one had any info, so I'm hoping this will help someone. It definitely looks like it's directly related to issues with CFN accounts; wrong LP/rank/name reporting etc.

The workaround is to create a new CFN account. This may be very straighforward on ps4 (or impossible? i have no idea) but it's a quite involved on pc.

Essentially you have to do the following:

• Setup steam guard on your main steam account
  • Logout and sign up for a new steam account
  • Verify new steam account
  • Setup steam guard on this new steam account. the process is a little funky - i used the same phone number on my secondary account as my main account already uses. You have to then sign into the secondary account on the phone app, while it displays the security key for your primary account (i found this confusing, but just ignore the key shown and sign in with your secondary account details, you won't be asked for a key)
  • Once signed in, with steam guard activated on the secondary account you will be able to go left/right within the app key area to view the steam guard keys for each of your two accounts
  • Setup family sharing locally on your pc on your primary account (or share specifically to your secondary account instead of making it pc-wide)
  • Login to the secondary account on Steam
  • Start SFV
  • Complete tutorial (again)
  • Create new CFN account
  • Create battle lounge
The process is a bit of a hassle to say the least, and since it's a new CFN account you will lose custom options, favourite characters, colours etc. - but I managed to get games with my friend last night for the first time in weeks.

Wow...nice. I make lounges just fine, but I might want to do this to keep my LP separate for each of my characters

mattp

Erm... let's not ask Capcom to do anything more complicated than deduct extra points :D

yeah but, i'd much rather i get my win and points, than the rage quitter get punished and deducted points

they need to do both

edit: assuming the quit is after the win, obviously. i'd be ok with not getting the W if the quit happens mid-match or just before KO

hitsugi

KOF 12 netcode is trash. MKX prepatch netcode is trash. SF5 netcode is definittely not trash.

It's bad. We disagree, and that's okay. The way rollback was implemented (and the ways it can be affected by players in game) is completely ridiculous and there are numerous facts supporting my opinion.

BiggNife

I really don't have an issue with SFV's netcode. It's more the slow matchmaking and lack of a disconnect penalty that I have a real problem with.

It's funny playing SFV and Pokken side by side. Pokken's matchmaking is leagues better than SFV's, but laggy matches in Pokken are pretty much unplayable because it's not rollback.

mattp

I really don't have an issue with SFV's netcode. It's more the slow matchmaking and lack of a disconenct penalty that I have a real problem with.

It's funny playing SFV and Pokken side by side. Pokken's matchmaking is leagues better than SFV's, but laggy matches in Pokken are pretty much unplayable because it's not rollback.

yeah once i'm in a match, unless the opponent has a shit connection, it's basically flawless

but the process of waiting for a fight request to come in while i'm in practice mode, then waiting for the loading, then after the match loading again for practice mode. then after waiting for another request, loading again back into the match etc

it's soooo slow

Gurrry

Honzo talking about Capcom handling ragequits: https://www.twitch.tv/honzo_gonzo/v/55858899?t=36m45s

You don't need to send anything in anymore, they can see high disconnects and once a week they go over the data.
Which is a terrible solution. It really isn't any solution, but I thought I'd share.

I just imagine some poor intern slaving 24/7 over an excel sheet of usernames trying to determine who is a rage quitter and who isnt.

I can also imagine a scenario where that chair is empty and not jack shit is being done about these people. Which in all honesty, is more likely.

Capcom - take note from Super Smash Bros. If someone rage quits, put a cooldown timer on their ability to play an online match. A 10 minute wait each time someone quits will put a quick end to that shit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There is a picture from the twitch chat during the Final Round with Capcom rep saying that there will be something at NorCal regionals which is March 25-27.
Again: that account is HonzoGonzo, he knows absolutely nothing and is not a Capcom employee.

The End

I just imagine some poor intern slaving 24/7 over an excel sheet of usernames trying to determine who is a rage quitter and who isnt.

I can also imagine a scenario where that chair is empty and not jack shit is being done about these people. Which in all honesty, is more likely.

Capcom - take note from Super Smash Bros. If someone rage quits, put a cooldown timer on their ability to play an online match. A 10 minute wait each time someone quits will put a quick end to that shit.

Even a two minute time-out from matchmaking would make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom