• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone link me to any in depth character guides that may be out there? Not just combo videos, but more in-depth overall character overviews/guides that really break characters down?

Specifically looking for Karin, Nash, and Cammy if it matters.

The character themes are good, but I think SF5 really just nails it with the stage themes, and I actually, for a first time ever, prefer them over the character themes.
Brazil and Apprentice alley just too godlike.

Cept vega's theme, straight up hot fire.

The character themes are good, but I think SF5 really just nails it with the stage themes, and I actually, for a first time ever, prefer them over the character themes.
Brazil and Apprentice alley just too godlike.

Cept vega's theme, straight up hot fire.

FANG's and Ken's are so legit, always get me in the mood to play some GODDAMN STREET FIGHTER!!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Last year, Final Round had roughly 803 pre-registered players total across all of the games on the line-up. This year, there are more players pre-registered for Street Fighter V alone.

As part of the event staff, I'm a little anxious over how things are going to run next weekend. It's going to be nuts.

Last year, Final Round had roughly 803 pre-registered players total across all of the games on the line-up. This year, there are more players pre-registered for Street Fighter V alone.

As part of the event staff, I'm a little anxious over how things are going to run next weekend. It's going to be nuts.

Lol, this is bonkers.

That doesn't even include walk in registrations (assuming those are allowed).

TacosNSalsa

Can someone link me to any in depth character guides that may be out there? Not just combo videos, but more in-depth overall character overviews/guides that really break characters down?

These are okay and kinda basic but give you a good over view and starting point. There's one for each character you mentioned .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9mJhrDCN1Q

This guy on the other hand goes really in depth but out of the characters you named he only has Cammy right now but do keep an eye on his channel ...he's awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzxog_bbK4

galvenize

Good to see the competitive scene healthier than ever.

Alucrid

Banned

lol good luck with that

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

9386594625_6d9f22f19d_o.gif

joe2187

Banned
I need some info on Nash matchups.

what are his weaknesses? Am I crazy or his throw range far longer than it looks? I cant hurt this fucker!

Those fucking sonic booms are so slow, and im not used to it. I neutral jump over them and I just get another. I try to cannon strike over them I get genocide cutter. I spin knuckle through em I get jabbed out (Im timing it bad because those fucking things hit me from behind if I do it too early). I get mid range and his long reaching normals just snuff me away.

Fuck.

I've decided to put together some tips for people to play against FANG. Seems like a lot of people have been having difficulty with him.

These are general tips and apply to most characters.

(i)His st.HK is +1 on block and sometimes a throw as a reversal to it can work.

(ii)Spamming fireballs is not fun since his trap can absorb the hit, and he can just use his coward's crouch to stay under it.

(iii)His regular trap hits once but the EX version is deadly and hits 3 times. If he puts down a regular trap, try using an armored move to get past it.

(iv)Try not to become predictable. Jumping over his trap when he's in a good position to throw his poison balls in the air is not advisable. Sometimes's just waiting out the trap is a decent enough move.

(v)Remember that the trap as well as the poison state goes away if you land a successful hit on him, even the EX trap.

(vi)His b+f.p move is unsafe on all versions but the heavy version can be punished with most heavy normals into whatever, while the light and medium can usually be punished with medium normals. How far he is from you when the move ends is a factor here.

(vii)Sometimes just rushing him down after he's used the light version of his trap can be good since he's most likely going to try and put some distance between the two of you.

(viii)If you have an armored move like mika's ex peach or laura's ex shoulder, ABUSE THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF IT.

(ix)You can hit him with any low attack when he's in his command dash except for the EX version.

(x)You can throw and command grab him out of his command dash,even the EX Version.

Hope that helped. If anyone has some questions for a particular character matchup against FANG, i'll try my best to answer.

Sounds like it'll be tough... But very rewarding if you pull it off! Good luck :)

Hey Mullet. Capcom has published guides on their YouTube channel for each of the cast members that go super in-depth. I'm on mobile atm otherwise I'd link you. But your best bet are those guides for you to get a great idea of the characters you're interested in.

joe2187

Banned
I miss cammys air throw.

Hooligan combination air throw is just so...useless. It has no practical application in her playstyle whatsoever.

to the ryu player i was playing in casual, im sorry my electric went out... was a fun first round as well, went out just as he was about to super me... ahhh well was only casual at the end of the day

Xeteh

I miss cammys air throw.

Hooligan combination air throw is just so...useless. It has no practical application in her playstyle whatsoever.

Yeah, someone I played SFIV with a bunch used to jump way too often and never learned I was just gonna throw him back down. Now I'm gonna have to learn to actually anti-air. Gametoohard.

That Necalli match was soooo clutch, I legit thought I lost it and it seems we traded at the last moment and I won that second round and then the match

These are okay and kinda basic but give you a good over view and starting point. There's one for each character you mentioned .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9mJhrDCN1Q

This guy on the other hand goes really in depth but out of the characters you named he only has Cammy right now but do keep an eye on his channel ...he's awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzxog_bbK4

Hey Mullet. Capcom has published guides on their YouTube channel for each of the cast members that go super in-depth. I'm on mobile atm otherwise I'd link you. But your best bet are those guides for you to get a great idea of the characters you're interested in.

Thanks both of you! I watched the first of the official SF channel ones and it seems good so far.

My biggest struggle when getting use to a character isn't seeing and repeating combos, it's understanding when and how all their normals and basic specials and useful, or when they're good at initiating combos. Harder to find resources about that compared to combo videos.

DunpealD

I'm trying really hard not to hate Bison the way I hate SF4 Bison, but man does that guy feel like the closest to "unfair" / broken of the cast to me so far. Does anybody here not have any trouble against Bison? Pretty much everything he does is safe. You can't jump at him because of his almost instant A2A attacks, his V-trigger is just disgusting, and for someone with supposedly poor throw range his grab rate against me has got to be above 50% because he doesn't even do a grab animation (unless he whiffs). He's standing there what looks to be well outside of throw range and all of a sudden I'm spinning in the air. Ok, learn to anticipate the psychic throw, sure. But then you add in how safe and how damaging his pressure is, how long the combos are, the ambiguous stuff that he's always had, the fact he's "not safe" after scissors but he really still is because he's outside of punish range,... it's getting to me a little bit. I know most of it is matchup experience, but I can't even think of a character I'd put in the same class as far as how hard I have to work to just stay in the match. Meanwhile the opponent is over there pressing buttons.

A couple of related questions: Can he control where his EX/V-trigger devils reverse goes (as far as P1 side / P2 side)? What move of his can you actually crush counter on block?

Sounds like the same issue as ElTopo had with Laura. Look at the framedata and go to training room to grind the muscle memory.

Whoever fed you the information about his throw range, he managed to troll you hard. Dictator got one of the best, if not the best normal throw range in the game.Which is important due to his slow walk speed.
Most of his normals are safe on block but they are also pretty slow.

He has no 3 frame moves only 4 framer. Does not have 5 frame mediums, fastest one being 6.

Which means if you have a 3 framer you can challenge anything that is +1. Which are Psycho Axe and EX Scissors on block. If you only have a 4 framer then you will have to take the mixup between strike or throw, because same frame strike vs throw the throw will win.

There is some more things but you should be able to find it out yourself.

Y'all can thank me for contributing to that SFV number. But really I'm thrilled to hear about that. Last year USF4 had around 480. I was hoping to see 700+ for SFV this year. Not only has it beat that, maybe even 1k isn't out of the realm of possibility. I doubt it reaches it but it's still exciting to know that it going to get close to it.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, someone I played SFIV with a bunch used to jump way too often and never learned I was just gonna throw him back down. Now I'm gonna have to learn to actually anti-air. Gametoohard.

I hope they dont take away Ibukis. :(

I agree it has limited use but there is this setup

https://youtu.be/4HtPyWKwAuI

Yeah, but why even risk the throw when you can get so much more off a cannon strike, even if they block it. The throw range is even more strict than it was in SF4 even, so the only use I have for it is as bait, since using the throw mid air will kill your momentum and drop you down.

Shadoken

I need some info on Nash matchups.

what are his weaknesses? Am I crazy or his throw range far longer than it looks? I cant hurt this fucker!

Those fucking sonic booms are so slow, and im not used to it. I neutral jump over them and I just get another. I try to cannon strike over them I get genocide cutter. I spin knuckle through em I get jabbed out (Im timing it bad because those fucking things hit me from behind if I do it too early). I get mid range and his long reaching normals just snuff me away.

Fuck.

You are doing something wrong here either you are too far or too close. You want to be away from the range where his safe close normals hit like S.MP and C.MP , but close enough so that your normals still hit him. His long range normals are slow and -ve on block . Mid range is his weakness , his best normal at this range C.MK and C.HK are 8f startup and are -4 and -8 on block. This is where you want to be and try to get in. The nash will mostly either try to backdash or try to push you back to mid-far range , where your normals will not reach but his will.

Dont let a Blocked C.MK scare you , I have noticed many people let Nash do C.MK->F.HK for free on Block. There is a huge Frame gap here , try to find your best normal here and Counter hit him.

And his FBs are only really scary at far range , at mid range they can be reaction punished. Dont let him get away with FBs in the mid range. His HP fireball has the slowest startup but the fastest recovery , so you need to jump as soon you see him charging it up to punish it midrange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom