• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheentak

LakeEarth

at work - anything on motions? I'd be sad if they got rid of his charge moves but the earlier interview seemed to imply that was happening. They already have a character with charge, motion and command grab moves in Necalli so I'm hoping that means there's room for one more.

Neither charge move (elbow or stomp) has a picture, so it doesn't look likely.

Stun gun headbutt is a special move here. Fucking holy shit

Huh, I just thought that was his b.fp headbutt, but yeah it says "small leap". Exciting.

joe2187

Banned
This guy on the other hand goes really in depth but out of the characters you named he only has Cammy right now but do keep an eye on his channel ...he's awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzxog_bbK4

St. MK into V trigger combos!?

giphy.gif

I MUST ABUSE THIS!

Huh, I just thought that was his b.fp headbutt, but yeah it says "small leap". Exciting.

"Small leap and grab"

It's probably an early version of the stun gun headbutt, a technique he won't really have fully down till 3S. It's still super cool though that it's in the game in any kinda form.

Shito

Hmmm, didn't intend on playing Alex, but I'm loving that v-skill giving him CH properties on his next move...

I seriously can't wait to play as Alex.

Going to stop trying to finish up hard survival with my current main Ryu for a bit and get through easy / medium survival with the rest of the cast to save up fight money.

TacosNSalsa

Anyone want to run some sets against a soon to be drunk Ryu? Yea I know it's not even 2 pm yet but I worked last night so this is my 6 pm thank you!!

Opps . East Coast Ahjumbie1231 CFN PS4

Zerojul

At my scrubby level, the Sim vs Gief matchup is so unilateral it makes me feel bad for the brave Bronze Giefs out there :/

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Did they say how much characters cost? They keep referencing that if you play all the stories, you'll have more than enough.

It's 100k fight money, you get 160k for beating all the story preludes.

If you grind through all of survival, you end up with just a bit shy of 1.1 million.

I wanna see his normals, but this Alex is already looking to be a far cry from his Third Strike incarnation :( How can you take away the elbow and stomp?! They were critical! It's like Honda without the Headbutt or Buttslam. The great thing about Alex was that he wasn't JUST a grappler; he had options. He could brawl and poke or play the grapple game depending on the match-up.

He still looks cool and I'll likely still play the crap out of him but man, Capcom, not like this. Now I am worried for Urien.

Awful character design, another reject of the SFIII series. Hope the character stays dead.
Q is leaps and bounds ahead of the Alpha bottom-of-the-barrel misfits.

I'm sick of Capcom taking away the donkey kick. Just give it back to Ryu, he only has three specials. You're not exactly breaking the game by giving him a fourth.
It would've been the sickest shit if they made Ryu's V-Reversal the Donkey Kick, which would juggle when near the corner so you'd have a reason to use it offensively too. Make it more punishable than the rest though to balance out the risk-reward.

Seriously.... Why does everyone hate SFIV now?

Like, I'm legit asking as I thought everyone loved it

Thanks SFGAF
Messy and terribly unfocused game that never felt like an actual mainline Street Fighter game even from day 1.

It's the most lopsided match up in the game. Unless the Geif is really, REALLY on point, then Sim can just run around and out range Geif.
Zangief has sufficient options to contest Dhalsim's limbs from afar, to the point it's nowhere near as lopsided as people tend to believe. At worst it's 6-4 and even that is a bit of a stretch.

Zangief has sufficient options to contest Dhalsim's limbs from afar, to the point it's nowhere near as lopsided as people tend to believe. At worst it's 6-4 and even that is a bit of a stretch.

I'm not saying he doesn't. I've gotten my limbs hit plenty of times and even gotten hit by a psychic air SPD during a teleport. The tools are there, but the actual match is really different from the rest of what Zangief does. Even the Gief vs. FANG match plays more like a conventional match-up than the Sim vs. Gief one does.

Hey everyone. Probably a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer with Google. How much money do you earn from completing hell mode in survival? Thanks.

ArjanN

What I do really like about the current version of this game and I hope they don't change is the damage. It really reminds me of Vanilla SF4 where a lot of the cast did an absurd amount of damage on more basic things. Also with the fact that CA's don't scale less than 50%.

I hope these things stay remotely the same as the game changes throughout the years.

It's fun, but I kind of feel it might make taking dumb risks for a huge payoff a little too advantageous at times. At least with random online play, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom