• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

How does the baby do the charging move without touching the stick

I call shenanigans

baby should be disqualified

Thanks for the responses about IV, guys!

I honestly had no idea. Wish there was like a SF IV Vs V/Pros n' Cons write-up somewhere

I wanna see his normals, but this Alex is already looking to be a far cry from his Third Strike incarnation :( How can you take away the elbow and stomp?! They were critical! It's like Honda without the Headbutt or Buttslam. The great thing about Alex was that he wasn't JUST a grappler; he had options. He could brawl and poke or play the grapple game depending on the match-up.

He still looks cool and I'll likely still play the crap out of him but man, Capcom, not like this. Now I am worried for Urien.
Yeah, stun gun headbutt being in is nice, but no slash elbow or stomp might be the deal breakers for me. I'm going to try playing Mika as a serious secondary to get my grappling fix if things don't work out. This version of Alex doesn't seem to be worth nine dollars.

Yeah, stun gun headbutt being in is nice, but no slash elbow or stomp might be the deal breakers for me. I'm going to try playing Mika as a serious secondary to get my grappling fix if things don't work out. This version of Alex doesn't seem to be worth nine dollars.

Maybe they took out the elbow and stomp because Laura and Bison already have similar moves.

Remember, Capcom said if you complete the current story mode with every character you should have enough FM to unlock Alex.

I've done that and Easy / Normal survival with Ryu, and have played probably 20-30 ranked matches. We'll see if they were playing us, though.

Mupod

it is pretty weird that they'd get rid of his charge moves as they would really set him apart from the other grapplers. Personally Alex was my gateway drug into ALL charge characters so it's disappointing that those moves seem to be out. Or they could just throw a curveball and the moves they showed could be charge.

So do i have to be mad now that it seems they got rid of Alex's two charge movess and they got rid of his back turn mechanic, fuck.

farisr

It's 100k fight money, you get 160k for beating all the story preludes.

If you grind through all of survival, you end up with just a bit shy of 1.1 million.

But really the average person is only going to be good/patient enough to get around 260-300k from story&survival together.

Edzi

That's probably what I'm gonna do.

Especially since the Season pass come with the DLC characters's alternate costume as well

Yup, I'm leaning towards this as well. Capcom is gonna make a ton of money off of me, but whatever. I really hope you can just buy normal colors too, since I'm never going to waste my time trying hard mode survival.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Can character theme music be shut off when playing rank or casual matches? I prefer the stage music...

Maybe they took out the elbow and stomp because Laura and Bison already have similar moves.
Absolutely crushing because my three most despised characters in SFV are Laura, Bison and Nash. Chun is near OP, but at least no one uses her. Laura is like an annoying version of Makoto, Bison is a bitch ass safe fucker and Nash is the master of mash.
Finally beat a Nash, all they ever do is jabs all the time
Yes, the only character played nearly as brainlessly as Ken. A good Ken looks/plays better than a good Nash, though.
Remember, Capcom said if you complete the current story mode with every character you should have enough FM to unlock Alex.

I've done that and Easy / Normal survival with Ryu, and have played probably 20-30 ranked matches. We'll see if they were playing us, though.
I have 427K FM since I completed the easy and normal survival modes, but there is no good way to earn FM outside of mysterious dailies and online is practically useless for FM. I'm not gonna waste it on characters that don't excite me AND need an alt just to look good. At least most of the base cast have good default costumes. Alex would be the worst if Mika weren't in this game.
it is pretty weird that they'd get rid of his charge moves as they would really set him apart from the other grapplers. Personally Alex was my gateway drug into ALL charge characters so it's disappointing that those moves seem to be out. Or they could just throw a curveball and the moves they showed could be charge.
Yeah, slash elbow and stomp/air stampede were cool because they got him flying high horizontally or covering ground space ridiculously fast. It's what makes him utterly terrifying. He's one of the few grapplers that has the speed to match his size. This version of Alex is definitely not up my alley. It's cool that he god stun gun headbutt and I hope people enjoy using him, but his SFV version might not be for me.

They posted Alex's move set?

Yes but no trailer...
yoshinori-ono-o.gif

SephLuis

Does anyone have tips against Necalli ? His pressure is absurd and I simply don't know what is safe/unsafe to make a good punish.

Getting near him is also problematic since from the ground he has a lot of tools to keep me away and from the air he has a godlike AA.

I play Chun, Mika and Karin. So, any tips on how to deal with this match up ?

It's fun, but I kind of feel it might make taking dumb risks for a huge payoff a little too advantageous at times. At least with random online play, haha.

What do you mean by dumb risks? I'm glad a missed DP can pretty much cost you an entire round even at like 80% of health lol

BiggNife

But really the average person is only going to be good/patient enough to get around 260-300k from story&survival together.

Yeah, and that's what they're banking on. From a marketing perspective, they don't want people to buy everyone with FM but the option needs to be there so they don't look scummy.

Honestly I think it's a fine compromise. Chances are most people won't be interested in all six DLC characters anyway.

Seiniyta

Someone wants to play a few more matches?

ID is same as username. Also, GG earlier to the Vegas, Ken, Bison player. Good connection too despite other side of the globe! (at least on my end :p you never know with one sided rollback )

Mupod

they haven't talked about the daily stuff yet right? I mean obviously the singleplayer FM gain is finite but it's not like they'll make it impossible to save up enough for a character once you're done with that stuff.

Also hoping they do something with survival to make it less utter nonsense but also not holding my breath.

If Alex can at least do something about fireballs, I'll main him. I never wanna go back to fireball pressure being anything more than a small annoyance

anyone else having trouble getting matches? 7 min per match is just too long.

tried a lobby but the 5 bar player was apparently on wi-fi, gg.

qcf x2

Speaking of Jodan Sokutogeri, Alex's V-Reversal sort of resembles it.

dJP7FQE.jpg

Is that the Goldberg kick?

I don't think that's stun gun headbutt. It seems like it's probably his back+HP grab, reworked into a normal. I will reserve judgement until I see some actual gameplay. He might be fun to use, even if he's not what Alex fans wanted moves wise.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The first move list said his v trigger move could parry. Did they just mean it had armor? Cause I was getting hype that he might be like ryu and feel a bit like a 3rd strike invader.

any tips for beating survival in hard mode? i'm getting tired of getting to mid thirties and having the computer start reading inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom