• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggNife

Has anyone gotten into a match yet? So far I've gotten nothing from ranked matchmaking. If this keeps up I'm gonna switch to pokken and leave sfv for tomorrow.

SSReborn

Has anyone gotten into a match yet? So far I've gotten nothing from ranked matchmaking. If this keeps up I'm gonna switch to pokken and leave sfv for tomorrow.
The servers literally just came up. There's likely not much people in matchmaking pools yet lol

Momentary

Banned
I just restarted and now it actually shows me in America and not it the middle of the ocean of the coast of Africa!!

And I got my name back...

But no matches.

SSReborn

Nvm matchmaking is bonked for some users according to their twitter.

Edit: Actually I'm not sure cuz the page doesn't say it but google does weird

Moaradin

The world map got fixed for me as well. I was showing up in Europe for the longest time because I used a VPN to unlock the game early.

qcf x2

Capcom literally waiting damn near to the last day to talk about stuff. We running out of March to get the March content.

The radio silence or totally ignoring of the subject would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't a game I cared about. Capcom gonna Capcom.

FluxWaveZ

The radio silence or totally ignoring of the subject would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't a game I cared about. Capcom gonna Capcom.

I think this game would be in an unrecoverable, disastrous position if it wasn't Street Fighter and—even if it was Street Fighter—if the gameplay itself wasn't so much fun.

It's a real shame to see a quality game with potential treated like this.

I say that, though they just finished a long maintenance that's seemed to fix some stuff. So, progress.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the first match was the laggiest 5-bar match I've seen in a long time. Hope they didn't break something new here...

Capcom literally waiting damn near to the last day to talk about stuff. We running out of March to get the March content.
They had to fix the database problems first.

ElFly

Maybe they will announce the date for the patch if they can be sure whatever they did to the servers fixed the wrong profile bugs.

OFC maybe this really was a maintenance downtime and they really did nothing more than just regular maintenance.

Sheroking

One thing that server maintenance hasn't fixed? The fact that this poor R Mika player named Cluminati keeps getting matched up with me.

I must have cock-blocked him at a rank up game 15 times over the last couple weeks. Not even exaggerating.

Sheroking

Not hard to figure out when the patch will be since there's only 1 Tuesday left in the month... I mean.

Well, the hope at this point is that we aren't struck with a delay.

I expect they'll fix their mistake, drop a trailer on us during NCR and we'll get our patch on the 29th.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Matchmaking is hella working for me, got 5 matches in less than a minute :0

Well, the hope at this point is that we aren't struck with a delay.

I expect they'll fix their mistake, drop a trailer on us during NCR and we'll get our patch on the 29th.

This is exactly what's happening. And it was obvious from this weekend how it'll roll. Today's update was to fix the ID problem so people weren't spending anyone else's fight money, which would be a horrific problem in and of itself. Now that it's over, they can spend the next few days making sure the store works and shit, and then drop Alex on us next Tuesday.

Some dudes here need to chill, though. Save the complaints for when they actually miss the date.

qcf x2

Maybe they will announce the date for the patch if they can be sure whatever they did to the servers fixed the wrong profile bugs.

OFC maybe this really was a maintenance downtime and they really did nothing more than just regular maintenance.

Wouldn't "routine/regular" maintenance be scheduled? Like hey guys, on the 22nd of every month we'll do server maintenance.

Not hard to figure out when the patch will be since there's only 1 Tuesday left in the month... I mean.

You have a lot of faith in Capcom.

Is the only way to get out of bison corner pressure to v-reversal? It is relentless.

Practically speaking, yes. Even when he's not "safe" he's usually out of distance to counter. The good news is when you do knock him down, it's his turn to play block fighter.

Inferno is very punishable and non-EX scissors are - on block. And you have to try to react to the dash.

I use a bunch of characters and most of them can't punish non-EX scissors on block. Inferno is def punishable though.

One thing Bizazedo taught me that's useful is neutral jumping when Bison is trying to get in. Actually, I think if I had to pick one thing that stands out about SFV that not a lot of people are talking about yet, it's the value of the neutral jump in general. It's necessary to learn/use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom