• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

ddp_glory.png
Your best response ever.

Quesa

Jab strong fierce is fine but not super friendly to newer players.

Number notation always has me going through mental hoops

Durden77

I like jab, strong, fierce, short, forward, and roundhouse.

It sounds way better in commentary.

"Infiltration lands the counter hit crouching strong into standing fierce for a beautiful combo!"

"Infiltration lands the counter hit crouching medium punch into standing hard punch for a beautiful combo!"

Yeah no.

You can always use the light/medium/heavy terminology with new players until they catch on. That's what I do.

I don't get the reference.

Diamond Dallas Page, of DDP yoga fame.

D,D,P.

As for notation, I use the 3S style:

Directions for stick, LP / MP / HP / LK / MK / HK for buttons. QCF/HCB/SRK/360 for common stick movements. Lowercase with a . in front to notate positions

> for links / strings -> for moves that need a pause:

I.E. waiting for you to land after Ryu's j.MP -> QCFx2 + P

For example, on Ryu in SFV:

j.HP > MP > D+HP > SRK+MP > QCFx2 + P

Mr. X

10/10 reference

Tier list? I still feel Chun, Ryu, Nash are top and now I think Cammy is up there too. Everyone else the next group down.

Nec has done a good job standing in for Akuma. Gameplay wise he's a helluva lot more fun. The same couldn't be said for Garuda. That guy is garbage.

Winner Stays On stream just confirmed that the March update is indeed coming in March, and that they're actually trying to work out the various online issues that some folks are experiencing.

So, no Capcom isn't just sitting around doing nothing.

Pompadour

Winner Stays On stream just confirmed that the March update is indeed coming in March, and that they're actually trying to work out the various online issues that some folks are experiencing.

I figured it was. It's only taking so long because, unsurprisingly, things aren't going smoothly.

March 29th it is.

kirblar

I like jab, strong, fierce, short, forward, and roundhouse.

It sounds way better in commentary.

"Infiltration lands the counter hit crouching strong into standing fierce for a beautiful combo!"

"Infiltration lands the counter hit crouching medium punch into standing hard punch for a beautiful combo!"

Yeah no.

You can always use the light/medium/heavy terminology with new players until they catch on. That's what I do.
It's definitely better on commentary/when discussing things verbally. For notation LP/LK are better.

ElFly

Clock notation has an advantage. When repeating directions due to double moves, you can use 24 hour notation.

So dash becomes 3:00, 15:00

Shinkuu Hadoken is 6:00, 4:30, 3:00, 18:00, 16:30, 15:00 + 1/2/3

etc

Renekton

My guess is various online issues like points not showing and BL. RQ penalty probably April

kirblar

Implementing the RQ stuff day 1 w/ all the other network issues would have been bad- I don't blame them for leaving it off, but it's such poison now that things are stable that every week it's not there is another week they'll lose people.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The trick is to expect nothing. Nay, to expect them to make the game even less playable. Only then will you appreciate arcade mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom