• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

Seems like I fixed it by setting vertical sync to 3D application-based.

Ken's animations still seem to stutter, though.

Might be the whole changing of v-sync in the ini file.

there was something I found on reddit that could help with microstutter and it seemed like it worked for me, sort of, but I ended up just switching to windowed at a lower res.

I've known this terminology since around third strike, but something always puzzled me, you know how you have a forward roundhouse. Say you were doing Chuns Senenshu, would you say down-forward, forward? down-towards forward? It just sounds off.

Not to mention that on top of "down-forward, forward", she has "jump, down forward".

Shadoken

While you guys give Karin a reliable AA , make sure to give Vega and Nash a DP too k thnx.

Srsly characters have weaknesses for a reason. Close range Jump-ins are supposed to be her weakness. And if you let a person get into that range with your barrage of pokes and normals. You fking deserve to get jumped on.

You want a character with god tier AA , go play birdie.

Sheroking

I'm being serious. Watch any of the matches Fox did well on, his opponents let him get away with murder even with a full CA gauge. His FANG is wildly unsafe and suboptimal, and he drops combos left and right.

Look, it`s the Combofiend-Spencer thing. He was never the best Spencer, but he was the best player playing Spencer.

It`s true Sonic Fox got away with some stuff, but he is also insanely talented and making better reads and adjustments than most other FANG players would. There`s a lot more to it than you make it sound.

I've known this terminology since around third strike, but something always puzzled me, you know how you have a forward roundhouse. Say you were doing Chuns Senenshu, would you say down-forward, forward? down-towards forward? It just sounds off.

They used to refer to walking forward as towards. So it would be down-towards forward. It just sounds off because you aren't used to it and learned the game with lp, mp, hp, etc.

Skilletor

It's just something you were used to. The same way English has silly idiosyncrasies like that.

It's like saying:

A farm can produce produce.

or

They were too close to the door to close it.

We didn't grow up with anything else, so when you said forward kick, we knew what you meant. There wasn't anything else to call it, and when you use something for 20+ years, it's difficult to stop. I combine notation all the time unconsciously. lp is always going to be jab to me, but I do say medium kick. I rarely say hard kick and I use fierce punch often.

Goodstyle

Look, it`s the Combofiend-Spencer thing. He was never the best Spencer, but he was the best player playing Spencer.

It`s true Sonic Fox got away with some stuff, but he is also insanely talented and making better reads and adjustments than most other FANG players would. There`s a lot more to it than you make it sound.

True. SonicFox is a gifted player. I've seen what he can do in both Injustice and MKX. He just doesn't have the SF fundamentals down, but calling him mediocre may have been a bit much on my part.

As soon as more players figure out the holes in FANG's gameplay though, it'll be apparent that he has balance issues. I don't know why this is so surprising to everyone considering he is the only character in the cast that got released with zero beta testing.

mbpm1

What other FANG players even exist right now by comparison though

Xian and a lot of online warriors?

Skilletor

True. SonicFox is a gifted player. I've seen what he can do in both Injustice and MKX. He just doesn't have the SF fundamentals down, but calling him mediocre may have been a bit much on my part.

As soon as more players figure out the holes in FANG's gameplay though, it'll be apparent that he has balance issues. I don't know why this is so surprising to everyone considering he is the only character in the cast that got released with zero beta testing.

I never assumed the betas were used for character balancing.

ElFly

What other FANG players even exist right now by comparison though

Xian and a lot of online warriors?

Doesn't WorldWarrior play FANG

I never assumed the betas were used for character balancing.

Are you assuming they were to cut down on online problems?

They actually changed a ton of move properties during the betas

The matchmaking was bad and good along the betas, but never much different from what we got

qcf x2

Time will tell with SonicFox. I thought he looked like he didn't belong, but nobody knows until we see more of his play. Xian's Fang was better imo.

However, to say Fang didn't receive any beta testing, uhh okay... the betas were not for balance adjustments, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
They used to refer to walking forward as towards. So it would be down-towards forward. It just sounds off because you aren't used to it and learned the game with lp, mp, hp, etc.

N8FVRcC.jpg

Also if we're going to use old button names, we should use old direction names.

Crouch, Offensive Crouch, Fowards + Strong

Skilletor

Are you assuming they were to cut down on online problems?

They actually changed a ton of move properties during the betas

The matchmaking was bad and good along the betas, but never much different from what we got

I'm aware they changed stuff over the betas, but I don't think the purpose of the beta was to test characters out. Especially with the focus of this game. It wouldn't make sense to make changes on portions of the characters without being able to fight the entire cast.

ElFly

I'm aware they changed stuff over the betas, but I don't think the purpose of the beta was to test characters out. Especially with the focus of this game. It wouldn't make sense to make changes on portions of the characters without being able to fight the entire cast.

Well I can see your argument

but on the other hand, the characters in the beta were sometimes hella more powerful and the game is relatively balanced now

so even if it was not the main purpose, it is clear it was the main result

I would expect that they kept a close eye on what "tech" the community discovered, and also took advantage of all the data they'd be able to collect from all the matches, but like you I also don't think balancing was the purpose of the betas.

Skilletor

Well I can see your argument

but on the other hand, the characters in the beta were sometimes hella more powerful and the game is relatively balanced now

so even if it was not the main purpose, it is clear it was the main result

Yes, but I believe it was due to internal feedback and they just pushed the changes out. We never even had the most recent build for the betas. There were like 4 different versions of Ken out around the same time depending on where you played the game.

So, yeah, it's possible they had some feedback during the betas, I agree, but I don't believe that was ever the point and that the majority of the "beta testing" for balance was internal. My point is just that saying FANG had the least beta testing is only true in the sense that he wasn't in any of the betas, but not true in the sense that the majority of the balancing was due to internal feedback and gameplay.

imo.

Ucchedavāda;198926220 said:
I would expect that they kept a close eye on what "tech" the community discovered, and also took advantage of all the data they'd be able to collect from all the matches, but like you I also don't think balancing was the purpose of the betas.

Definitely, I agree.

ElFly

I think some material actually say "towards" for the direction, but I distinctly remember two things

-"forward" as the direction on the SF2 manual

-"toward" as a direction in mortal kombat material. Like, Raiden's superman move was clearly written as "away away towards"

cordy

Banned
I've hit a point in this game where I just don't care about Ranked anymore. Sure I don't get the Platinum trophy but I'll be fine, less stressed and I'd be ok with Casual matches. That's all I'm focusing on right now. Just a good ol Casual match.

Goodstyle

Killing half an hour in training on the 'City in Chaos' stage and noticed the orb UFO thing high in the sky in the farground. How have I not noticed this before.

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;198927002 said:
I move that the Shoryuken shortcut henceforth be described as "Offensive crouch, offensive crouch, punch".

Tatsu as "Crouch, defensive crouch, block defense + kick"

ElFly

Capcom really needs to add a character that crawls forward during offensive crouch, ala fatal fury

not for everyone, but one dude who could do it would be sweet

He wasn't coming from behind, if he did the claw as I was expecting, it would have hit or traded in front. It looks weird because Vega sort of teleports behind you for the grab ender.

I'm not talking about the animation, I'm talking about when he comes in.
Vega is either on top of the ressenha or right behind karin before the grab hits, ex ressenha, or even any other srk will never beat this angle. You are probably better off using ex dash to try and get clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom