• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-Brad almost always does these jabs to Mike that he's not good enough and a sellout.... It's all in good fun but it was obviously bothering Mike behind his smiles.

He won and he felt the adrenaline.

K-Brad unleashed Shin Mike Ross. The Satsui no Ross was awakened in him after all these years.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Battle Lounges are still broke for me. Get a match going and disconnected. :/

Celcius

°Temp. member
YAAAAAAAS!
I finally cleared Survival Hard with Cammy (spamming Cannon Spike & Spiral Arrow). Feels so good. Online fight invitations saved me twice, including on round 49. I'm not going to bother with hard for any of the other charcters. Next I want to complete survival hell with Ken just to say I did it and get the trophy.

Mediking

YAAAAAAAS!
I finally cleared Survival Hard with Cammy (spamming Cannon Spike & Spiral Arrow). Feels so good. Online fight invitations saved me twice, including on round 49. I'm not going to bother with hard for any of the other charcters. Next I want to complete survival hell with Ken just to say I did it and get the trophy.

I'm a Cammy main and I feel like crying.... Somebody actually managed to beat Survival Hard with CAMMY.... YOU'RE A HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FluxWaveZ

Are there any good videos/tips/guides on improving one's defense? I gather not pressing buttons stupidly all the time—especially on wake-up—would be one of them.

Xeteh

What happened? I stepped out for a second, came back and it was offline.

KBrad said Mike Ross sucks at SFV.
Mike picked up an arcade stick, KBrad was already holding one.
Mike picks Laura, KBrad picks Cammy.
KBrad pretty easily wins round 1, talks shit. Mike wins the next two.
They rematch and Mike 2-0'd KBrad, told him he sucks, to put the stick down because he isn't good enough to hold one in his presence. FloE looked like he couldn't believe what he'd seen.

The Hermit

They rematch and Mike 2-0'd KBrad, told him he sucks, to put the stick down because he isn't good enough to hold one in his presence. FloE looked like he couldn't believe what he'd seen.

damn, how could I miss that

FluxWaveZ

Are there any good videos/tips/guides on improving one's defense? I gather not pressing buttons stupidly all the time—especially on wake-up—would be one of them.

A more specific question: To tech throws, is the best strategy to just kinda mash the throw button while you're in block stun and the opponent is right next to you? Or is that a brilliant way to get hit?

Celcius

°Temp. member
You know how ken players spam MP shoryuken to get through it? I simply spammed medium Cannon Spike. Never blocked and always was super aggressive.

M3z_

So annoying I've lost out on making about 500lp tonight on RQ's, Capcom this is pathetic. Highly ranked people too.

Momentary

Banned
ChoopCHOOP is a Casual rage quitter. Uploading the video now. Finally Shadowplay is working. Who do I submit this incriminating evidence to?

FluxWaveZ

ChoopCHOOP is a Casual rage quitter. Uploading the video now. Finally Shadowplay is working. Who do I submit this incriminating evidence to?

No one. Capcom hasn't cared about replays of rage quitters for weeks now.

Edit: God dammit, I lose my cool every single time when it counts. I want to improve so bad.

TheOGB

Banned
But where's the Oddshot tho

joe2187

Banned
Im going to admit I just Ragequitted right now.

I refuse to play a match with a framerate of 2FPS and rollback every half second.

just played half the first round and closed the game before it could end.

Momentary

Banned

I refuse to play a match with a framerate of 2FPS and rollback every half second.

Quitting at the start of a match isn't rage quitting. I don't get mad at people for doing that.

ElFly

Yeah I will quit mid first round if the lag is too terrible.

I will humor some teleport but there's a limit.

It is rare tho. I think most people have ethernet?

Understandable
Yeah I will quit mid first round if the lag is too terrible.

I will humor some teleport but there's a limit.

It is rare tho. I think most people have ethernet?
Not on consoles. They dominate the living room and that's not exactly a place people where people keep ethernet wires.

Edgeward

A more specific question: To tech throws, is the best strategy to just kinda mash the throw button while you're in block stun and the opponent is right next to you? Or is that a brilliant way to get hit?

No, you have to observe your opponent and know when they like to tick throw you. Mashing tech is a easy way for someone to frametrap you

FluxWaveZ

No, you have to observe your opponent and know when they like to tick throw you. Mashing tech is a easy way for someone to frametrap you

I guess my issue there could be lack of observation/intuition, then, because I'll get thrown relentlessly if I'm not pressing throw at specific intervals while the opponent is applying pressure and rubbing up next to me.

Completely understandable. I'm always relieved when someone does this to me on a bad connection.

Is Birdie a counter pick for Necalli? Not asking so much because he gives me so much trouble , though he does, but it seems like every lounge I get into the other guy tries him at least once. I guess he might just be everyone's pocket main.

SephLuis

Is Birdie a counter pick for Necalli? Not asking so much because he gives me so much trouble , though he does, but it seems like every lounge I get into the other guy tries him at least once. I guess he might just be everyone's pocket main.

I am also having issues with Birdie. His light have insane range, enough to keep me away and without any good answer to get close or attack properly. And since he deals a lot of damage, I end up losing a lot more life against him when trading.

Anyone have any tips for this match-up ?

Edgeward

I guess my issue there could be lack of observation/intuition, then, because I'll get thrown relentlessly if I'm not pressing throw at specific intervals while the opponent is applying pressure and rubbing up next to me.

That sounds like a bad habit from SF4. A lot of it is patience, and understanding the throw is not what they want, they want to trap you and hit you with their combo. In a lot of cases it's better to just take the throw. if you do want to mash, it's better to mash you 3 frame attack. Since throws are 5f, jabs can blow it up. Only this doesn't work if your opponent can time it as a meaty.

ElTopo

Banned

I'd say it's 5/5. Birdie is more of a counter pick to zoner characters excluding Dhalsim and Rashid.

FluxWaveZ

if you do want to mash, it's better to mash you 3 frame attack. Since throws are 5f, jabs can blow it up. Only this doesn't work if your opponent can time it as a meaty.

Hm... I see. Sounds better than whiffing a throw in an attempt to tech, anyways.

The reason I'm so scared of being thrown is because I will get annihilated once I am knocked down and the opponent is on me. It's a terrifying position to be in, and I just don't know how to block properly.

In a game like P4A, people wouldn't block 'cause everyone just had crazy and effective options like wake-up DPs, wake-up supers, etc. Now I'm forced to actually block properly and I don't even have a proper reversal as Mika, so it's even scarier. It's why I need to look into how people actually defend in this game, 'cause my shit defense is the reason why I'm likely to lose against anyone who is just constantly throwing attacks.

Mike's pop off

https://www.livecap.tv/t/capcomfighters/uHfcIYslpcm

and apparently there was another popoff after that one.

Is it just me or is Miek Russ legitimately mad? He loves to troll for funsies but I've never actually seen him pop off like that before, he always does it in a way where it's obvious he's just kidding.
I was kinda wondering that too. He better be careful, that sumoan dude looks like he has a lot of weight behind his left hook.

"I should have been at Final Round! I woulda got 16! What'd you get!?"

"...17..." >_>

Requeim

Is it just me or is Miek Russ legitimately mad? He loves to troll for funsies but I've never actually seen him pop off like that before, he always does it in a way where it's obvious he's just kidding.

Of course it's trolling. If you think of any of that was real, I don't know what to tell you man.

Zissou

Mike's pop off

https://www.livecap.tv/t/capcomfighters/uHfcIYslpcm

and apparently there was another popoff after that one.

Meanwhile, floe is all

floe2ihr8s.gif

So i fought like 10 different people today and i got nothing but bad connections. This netcode is really starting to ruin this game for me.

Sheroking

It's a thing for a lot of characters.

I should've been more clear.

It's a powerful tool in which Karin should specifically use and I think, top Karin players will utilize moving forward.

~320 damage from a three frame defensive normal. Especially useful against Zangief and Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom