• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

There's also the part where SFV is p clearly trying to use people who didn't show up before.

The guys coming back from 3S didn't appear in SF4, the people from the Alpha series didn't appear in SF4 either.

Hugo appeared in SF4, so he will wait a while to appear in SFV if he appears at all.

I guess the exception is Ibuki. I don't really like her much, would rather have Makoto, or Dudley (if the character didn't have to be female) but eh.

Obscura

Hugo is from Street Fighter 3.

That's the explanation.

e: it does help that Zangief is awesome tho.

but you should read between the lines and notice how nobody from 3 showed up in the initial 16, and even people who last appeared in alpha 3 showed up before people from 3.

After Super/Ultra I figured Capcom had let their hate-on for SF3 die.

Boy was I wrong. Couldn't even include just one in the base game.

I seriously can't understand how people defend Mika's irish whip working from anywhere on the screen. Mika is TERRIFYING in the corner, and with the irish whip wall bounce all she needs is a single hit from anywhere with her pretty decent standing MP and you're done. Guessing games forever.

You know there's a problem when most people don't even use grabs with your grappler character.
Characters like Mika and Zangief were typically always about the threat of a command grab, rather than it being their primary tool to victory as some kind of one-trick pony. Plenty of less experienced players, including those who main them, are completely unaware about this.

This match (with excellent commentary on the matter) is a perfect example of this philosophy, with the final match in particular standing out even further.

Mr. X

PS4

Just watched a few replays, went to training mode, took easily a minute for stage select to load.

Also, the timing feels strange on ps4 vs pc.

Skilletor

There's also the part where SFV is p clearly trying to use people who didn't show up before.

The guys coming back from 3S didn't appear in SF4, the people from the Alpha series didn't appear in SF4 either.

Hugo appeared in SF4, so he will wait a while to appear in SFV if he appears at all.

I guess the exception is Ibuki. I don't really like her much, would rather have Makoto, or Dudley (if the character didn't have to be female) but eh.

Ibuki is the best. Clearly.

I guess the exception is Ibuki. I don't really like her much, would rather have Makoto but eh.
yeah I like makoto more than her, but Ibuki play style is unique and that seems to be what Capcom is going for.

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

Im hoping that's season 2. Popular characters need to show up ASAP and it's pretty easy to make Sagat, Sakura play nothing like Ken and Ryu so it doesn't feel like a shoto update.

ElFly

Characters like Mika and Zangief were typically always about the threat of a command grab, rather than it being their primary tool to victory as some kind of one-trick pony. Plenty of less experienced players, including those who main them, are completely unaware about this.

This match (with excellent commentary on the matter) is a perfect example of this philosophy, with the final match in particular standing out even further.

The threat would work better if it didn't have five frames of startup; in previous games it was common to spd in the middle of a block string but now it is super hard.

The intense weakening of grabs (in range and startup) goes in hand with eliminating option selects to make grabs more of a paper rock scissor thing as opposed to a more sure thing, but it makes no sense to keep that for command grabs of grapplers.

raven777

SFV Server @SFVServer
We are aware of the difficulties in Matchmaking & are working rapidly to address & resolve this issue. Thank you all.

qcf x2

After Super/Ultra I figured Capcom had let their hate-on for SF3 die.

Boy was I wrong. Couldn't even include just one in the base game.

They learned their lesson when they saw the outcry for Alex and the apathy for Gief. We have Ibuki and Urien later this year* and you can bet there will be more to come. I just hope the twins sit this one out. I didn't like them in SF3, I hated them in SF4 and I'd much rather see literally any other character from that cast. Oro is likely, I think, based on his appearances/references in several story mode scenes.

Is anybody else not getting any matches at all?

*Capcom Standard Time

Skilletor

The threat would work better if it didn't have five frames of startup; in previous games it was common to spd in the middle of a block string but now it is super hard.

The intense weakening of grabs (in range and startup) goes in hand with eliminating option selects to make grabs more of a paper rock scissor thing as opposed to a more sure thing, but it makes no sense to keep that for command grabs of grapplers.

Because that was stupid as fuck.

FinKL

sigh well if anyone in Europe wants to beat up my day one birdie i have a battle lounge open under the same name as my neogaf id

I just searched for "Vic-Rattlehead" and only "Rattlehead" and "eddie-rattlehead" came up, maybe you got the - bug where we can't search names with "-"

The intense weakening of grabs (in range and startup) goes in ha
Yea that was pretty cheap though, I'm glad it's gone.

I also don't like guessing against Mika but she feels more manageable at least and does have a weakness. SFIV Zangief as a shoto was really just about poking him to death. Always felt oppressed in that match, which is fine, but having the momentum "stolen" because I was off by a few frames and got SPD...meh, I don't miss it

Asd202

yeah I like makoto more than her, but Ibuki play style is unique and that seems to be what Capcom is going for.

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

Im hoping that's season 2. Popular characters need to show up ASAP and it's pretty easy to make Sagat, Sakura play nothing like Ken and Ryu so it doesn't feel like a shoto update.

Please replace Blanka with Guy. Thank you.

replace Sakura with Yun and that's a great list.
Would work for me too...I just want Capcom to get the recognizable fighters back on as quickly as possible. Game won't feel complete without Sagat, akuma, Honda and blanka. I'm just assuming they are all going through some serious design changes.

saher

Banned

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

I know for sure Sakura is in, karin vs sakura next year.

BiggNife

Ibuki is probably the most popular original character from the SF3 series so I'm not surprised they brought her back

Also it probably helps that her playstyle is a perfect fit for SFV

SSReborn

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

The list is good but its under the assumption that they don't want to put in new characters with the second season I can't really see another whole season with out at least someone else who is new to the cast. But also who knows maybe season 2 will be more then 6 characters.

So who here still believes that Alex and patch is being released this month?

I'm not getting all super gloom and doom but at the same time I'm keeping my expectations really low because the handling of this game has been pretty bad overall.

ElFly

They learned their lesson when they saw the outcry for Alex and the apathy for Gief. We have Ibuki and Urien later this year* and you can bet there will be more to come. I just hope the twins sit this one out. I didn't like them in SF3, I hated them in SF4 and I'd much rather see literally any other character from that cast. Oro is likely, I think, based on his appearances/references in several story mode scenes.

Is anybody else not getting any matches at all?

*Capcom Standard Time

I really doubt they managed to complete Alex between the time from the New York/Laura reveal and when Alex was actually revealed.

So basically, Alex was going to be in the game before the outcry for him.

All the remaining sf2 cast can stay in sf2, sf4, sfa3, etc.

More new and more 3s cast.
From a sales perspective this is not wise. Really there's only Sagat, Akuma, blanka and Honda left anyway. I'd say maybe blanka and Honda aren't in the same year because they are both charge characters, but Gouki and Gat? Yeah I'd bet we see them next year.

KTO

I think if you are taking anybody outside the characters who already appear in story mode for S2 you are taking some long odds. we may already have our six.

Gouken
Sakura
Decapre
Sean
Oro
Viper

ElFly

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

Your list looks like a lot of shoryukeners bro. Even if Sakura doesn't play like ryu / ken, she still has the 3 basic shoto special moves, and her arced tatsumaki makes her more like V's Ken.

On the same token, I think that Honda and Blanka play so similar that they won't be released/announced in the same batch.

I think if you are taking anybody outside the characters who already appear in story mode for S2 you are taking some long odds. we may already have our six.

Gouken
Sakura
Decapre
Sean
Oro
Viper

Sakura AND Sean?

please no Sean. He is the lamest in SF3 by far.

I think you are overestimaging the story mode influence. I would only think Sakura and Viper make sense based on story mode, and maaaybe Oro. Big maybe.

But I actually hope they include Oro next.

BiggNife

I think Sakura and C.Viper are a given for season 2 DLC - both characters are popular and have cameos in story mode.

Everyone else I dunno. I feel like Honda and Blanka would have to be retooled significantly to work within SFV's gameplay style but since they changed Vega so drastically it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Honestly it would be cool to see a few surprises like Eagle or Oro

No Ingrid though

Fuck Ingrid

this is ridiculous. a simple "the update is out xx.3.2016" would do.

Why do people always expect Capcom to do this, when no other fighting game company is this transparent? Did NRS give us an exact date for the netcode overhaul? No. They were literally SILENT for nearly a year. Then suddenly, "GGPO guys!"

And, how about that T7 release date? And, ArcSys doesn't say jack spit about jack spit to the West.

That's just how companies work. They tell you stuff when that stuff is finished, because if something changes at the last second, people would call them liars otherwise.

All the remaining sf2 cast can stay in sf2, sf4, sfa3, etc.

More new and more 3s cast.

No.

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

I'm really not feeling your list.
For one thing it's lacking the character at the top of my list: Cody
Also, needs more Fei Long. Relegating him to advertisement on the bus in the Bustling Side Street stage is not the fate he deserves.

Sagat
Sakura
Akuma
Blanka
Honda
Makoto

Too bad season 2 is going to be
decapre
ed
oro
sean
sakura
viper
shibazaki
and azam

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Gouken
Sakura
Decapre
Sean
Oro
Viper
Much better list already. I would also like Rashid's friend Azam.

edit: Also that blonde girl from the cinematic trailer, which is Urien's assistant, I guess.

Yeah, I would replace Ono with some1 come to think of it, Ono was in a couple story arcs. And also blanka and Honda in the same season is probably not likely.

Sagat
Akuma
Ono
Sakura
Blanka
Viper

That's it!!! Final no changes!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom