• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I would replace Ono with some1 come to think of it, Ono was in a couple story arcs. And also blanka and Honda in the same season is probably not likely.

Sagat
Akuma
Ono
Sakura
Blanka
Viper

That's it!!! Final no changes!!! Lol

Ono would be pretty OP though, considering he could rebalance the game at his whims.

Why do people always expect Capcom to do this, when no other fighting game company is this transparent? Did NRS give us an exact date for the netcode overhaul? No. They were literally SILENT for nearly a year. Then suddenly, "GGPO guys!"

And, how about that T7 release date? And, ArcSys doesn't say jack spit about jack spit to the West.

That's just how companies work. They tell you stuff when that stuff is finished, because if something changes at the last second, people would call them liars otherwise.

Other companies not meeting such a low standard for communication does not excuse Capcom not meeting it either. Not to mention that there are at least two recent examples of fighting game companies who do / did manage to communicate with the player-base, namely Lab Zero and (formerly) Radiant Entertainment.

Skilletor

Why do people always expect Capcom to do this, when no other fighting game company is this transparent? Did NRS give us an exact date for the netcode overhaul? No. They were literally SILENT for nearly a year. Then suddenly, "GGPO guys!"

And, how about that T7 release date? And, ArcSys doesn't say jack spit about jack spit to the West.

That's just how companies work. They tell you stuff when that stuff is finished, because if something changes at the last second, people would call them liars otherwise.

I don't think it's ridiculous to want confirmation of March release when they said it would release in March and there's less than 10 days left in the month.

You've gone full fanboy, man. You're comparing something NRS never had to do with something Capcom has already announced. You're comparing the release date of a fighting game with no release date to something Capcom has already given a timeline.

There is no comparison here. It is not stupid to want Capcom to confirm the released ate of a patch that they have advertised, especially after the terrible state in which this game has launched.

That is not really something exclusive to 4, tho.

SPDs work more in line with how they worked in previous games in SF5. You're not using them to throw people midstring in other SF games. So, no, not exclusive to SF4, but far, far, far, far more prevalent.

Hex

Banned
I will be honest, waiting for the March update and the Alex patch would not be nearly as irritating without people constantly bitching and whining about it or asking if it is out yet when they have just as easy access to find out as anyone else here.

Who here remembers that there is still another week in March?

Some of you boys need to chill.

From what I remember, Capcom has always waited until the last possible day (just about) to release an update in a targeted month.

*Oro

I would main Ono, though

edit: About Oro

Ono as the new Dan?

I will be honest, waiting for the March update and the Alex patch would not be nearly as irritating without people constantly bitching and whining about it or asking if it is out yet when they have just as easy access to find out as anyone else here.

I think it'd have been better if they'd have released some portion of the "update" earlier in the month. It seems highly unlikely that development/test of ALL feature updates is currently ongoing, so perhaps if challenges/tutorial and the marketplace so people could buy the story alts if they wanted them would've been good for last week or this week. Then sometime in the last week of the month add Alex to the store and patch in the 8 player battle-lobbies with spectating.

ElFly

I think those examples are not really comparable, as they are far bigger updates, or even the actual release of the game.

Me thinks they are testing whatever server change they did yesterday.

If we start seeing new reports of people loading the wrong profile, I'd say the store will be delayed. Yes, I know people who had the wrong profile loaded before got the problem solved, that's why I said _new_

ElFly

I don't think it's ridiculous to want confirmation of March release when they said it would release in March and there's less than 10 days left in the month.

You've gone full fanboy, man. You're comparing something NRS never had to do with something Capcom has already announced. You're comparing the release date of a fighting game with no release date to something Capcom has already given a timeline.

There is no comparison here. It is not stupid to want Capcom to confirm the released ate of a patch that they have advertised, especially after the terrible state in which this game has launched.

SPDs work more in line with how they worked in previous games in SF5. You're not using them to throw people midstring in other SF games. So, no, not exclusive to SF4, but far, far, far, far more prevalent.

That's not really true? spd had less startup before SF4, not more. You could actually wakeup spd before.

BiggNife

Just because this is "how companies work" does not mean we should just sit back and accept it

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be annoyed that, 23 days into March, we still do not have a concrete date for a patch that has been promised for March

Just because this is "how companies work" does not mean we should just sit back and accept it

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be annoyed that, 23 days into March, we still do not have a concrete date for a patch that has been promised for March

At this point it's been well over a month since we've seen anything that might improve the actual state of the game. Over 5 weeks since launch with nothing. I'd say people have a right to be irritated, but Capcom is gonna capcpom.

ElFly

Ya'll are forgetting about skullomania.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-interview-yoshinori-ono-on-dlc-pl/1100-6432352/

GS:What are the chances of getting Skullomania in Street Fighter 5?

O: Aaaaaaahhhh. I get a lot of requests for Arika’s Street Fighter EX characters. There are issues around using characters from EX that would bore you to hear about. So I’ll just say that it’s not easy as it might be, getting characters from another game, unfortunately.

The game has a long-term strategy, we’re going to be bringing content to it for years to come. I’d say never say never, who knows, 2019 or 2020 may be the year of Skullomania.

GS:Every year is the year of Skullomania for me.

O: Hold on to the hope you have, but be ready for disappointment.

GS:There is no disappointment in being a Skullomania fan.

O: Do you actually have questions on that laptop screen you've been looking at?

GS:No, I was just looking at a picture of Skullomania…

O: Oh my god.

qcf x2

Finally got a ranked match, against a Ken who was more than 1000 LP above me. Beat him down and of course he rage quit. Not sure why I even bothered attempting a ranked match tbh.

Sticking with Battle Lounge forever until Capcom can figure out a way to do some routine rage quit maintenance, It's literally a complete waste of my time to play ranked. If I win, I get nothing. If I lose, I lose points. I don't want to cast aspersions, but I don't know how the people who play ranked all day every day have the time, with all the RQ'ing that goes on.

This dude wasn't even on a win streak, so why me? Ironically, the awful online experience is going to probably force me to return to the local scene. All part of the plan, right? B-)

fresquito

Wow, today's experience is worse than day 1. Continous Battle Lounge disconnects, general Server disconnects, it takes forever to find a match, all the matches are super laggy, 80% my games were against RQ (only two of them allowed my win and I lost to three, two of them with 2000LP more than me, lol)... What is this shit? Ah, yeah, my profile is back to normal now, thanks Capcom!

I really hope March Update fixes this shit.

BiggNife

If Capcom actually goes out of their way to iron out the copyright stuff for Skullo they should bring back D Dark too

He's the only other EX character who doesn't suck and his rivalry with Guile could fit pretty nicely into the Nash stuff

jett

D-Member
At this point it's been well over a month since we've seen anything that might improve the actual state of the game. Over 5 weeks since launch with nothing. I'd say people have a right to be irritated, but Capcom is gonna capcpom.

but capcom will improve the game eventually and then people will start flocking to it

amirite

still waiting for mah man sagat. game still feels uncomplete without him. i try to pick him, but he's not there! oro should be in. he looks crazy and many people haven't played him. gouki is a no-brainer. i hate blanka, don't really want him. pls rework if you decide to put him in. viper could be interesting. i would give her a try for sure.

if we're asking for EX characters, I want Pullum Purna. Her design is cool.
If Capcom actually goes out of their way to iron out the copyright stuff for Skullo they should bring back D Dark too

He's the only other EX character who doesn't suck and his rivalry with Guile could fit pretty nicely into the Nash stuff

what about Area kappa

Skilletor

Hokuto would have words with you.

ElFly

Jokes aside, seeing the recent output of Arika, I'd assume they would license their characters for cheap.

But I don't think Capcom will want to run into those expenses if SFV is floundering.

Um Pullum Purna. Also, that guy with the hat.

Guy with the hat is the best.

FinKL

Matchmaking is broken. Feels like day1. Tried the last hour to get matches, but ended up staring at GAF 100% of the time.

Even trying to manually join battle lounges all I get are overseas people, which I really don't want to play. Why can't we filter by flag!??!?!?! (even if it is wrong for some)

BiggNife

Okay yeah I forgot about Pullum, Pullum's cool

But Area, lmao

Area-in-SFEX2.jpg

ElFly

Matchmaking is broken. Feels like day1. Tried the last hour to get matches, but ended up staring at GAF 100% of the time.

Even trying to manually join battle lounges all I get are overseas people, which I really don't want to play. Why can't we filter by flag!??!?!?! (even if it is wrong for some)

Yeah, SFVServer dude said they are looking into the problem.

You'd think they would have these problems solved by now.

They paid for Karin, dude.

Some argue that Karin always belonged to Capcom in the first place.

edit: oh she actually was property of the manga dude. uh

They paid for Karin, dude.

Shes one of the most popular characters in Japan and had been highly requested for a while now. And don't think she had any real legal issues surrounding her for a while now. At least, not to the extent that the Akira characters do.

Capcom owns the rights to Karin. Why does this come up so often?

Because she wasn't created by Capcom. That's why most people assumed they couldn't use her.

jett

D-Member
Recently we had confirmation that CAPCPOM outsourced the online infrastructure of this game, so whenever they(we) have a problem they probably have to contact this other company and then wait for them to get back to them whenever they please, lol.

Ah, this fucking game.

filter by flag is the worst you could ask for. it would be devastating for smaller countries. filter by conecction quality, that's what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom