• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 427K FM since I completed the easy and normal survival modes, but there is no good way to earn FM outside of mysterious dailies and online is practically useless for FM. I'm not gonna waste it on characters that don't excite me AND need an alt just to look good. At least most of the base cast have good default costumes. Alex would be the worst if Mika weren't in this game.

Yeah, I getcha. I'll probably save my FM for alt costumes / colors, and just get the season pass.

hat_hair

After just under a week of playing, I've finally made Bronze Rank with Zangief and am starting to feel like I actually have an idea what I'm doing with regards to spacing.
I've always enjoyed fighting games, but I tend to stick to single player content, so I rarely get good, but I'm just good enough that playing my friends isn't fun. SFV is scratching that itch, though, and there are enough people playing that ranked mode isn't a constantly embarrassing affair of getting my face smashed in.

SupaNaab

Been playing pretty much the equivalent to random select and scraping out small gains. Tried Ryu for the first time, 9 streak win. -.-

Going to get this at the Redbox tonight...if I like it I'll pick it up over the weekend. Who are good "starter" characters?

Honestly, i'd wait until the patch drop, as there is going to be quite a few in-depth tutorial stuff with each of the 16 characters. If I had to recommend some starters, Ryu, Cammy & Necalli would be fantastic options.

BiggNife

Ryu, Birdie, maybe Cammy.

Birdie is a beginner character!? I couldn't disagree more.

Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, and Cammy are probably the best to start with in my opinion.

Birdie the best starter imo, just does absurd damage w few combos.

He can do a lot of damage quickly but also he's big, slow, and the huge variety of specials would be overwhelming to a novice.

I think it's better to go with someone more well-rounded when you're starting out.

Mupod

Birdie the best starter imo, just does absurd damage w few combos.

he's mechanically easy but at all not simple to actually do well with.

Roommate had never touched SF before and took to Cammy very well. Ryu is obviously a great beginner choice and was specifically designed as such.

Birdie looks like a beginner character, I guess. None of his stuff looks flashy or is particularly hard to execute, but he's really slow and unwieldy, and he gets punished hard for mistiming anything and has no real options to get out of pressure.

Man, Alex lost a lot of moves...

Well, to be fair he actually had an unusually large number of them by the time 3S came around. He had about 6, which is pretty crazy for a SF character.

His V-trigger sounds like it might sorta resemble his flash elbow, so he only lost his DDT (which Birdie kinda already has) and his stomp (which Bison already has).

Well, to be fair he actually had an unusually large number of them by the time 3S came around. He had about 6, which is pretty crazy for a SF character.

His V-trigger sounds like it might sorta resemble his flash elbow, so he only lost his DDT (which Birdie kinda already has) and his stomp (which Bison already has).
Birdie's Bull Revenger or whatever the jump grab is is actually way better than Spiral DDT. It grabs when your opponent is crouching; DDT doesn't. It hops over fireballs; DDT doesn't. It's fast; DDT isn't. It has excellent range; DDT doesn't. It has an EX that grabs on contact; DDT doesn't.

Spiral DDT is the move that comes out when your inputs get sloppy.

joe2187

Banned
How is it that I go from Ultra bronze 1800 LP to 889 LP, back to 1759 LP and then back to 800 LP so fast.

Im either on an intense losing streak, followed by a winning streak all the way down to losing every match.

so inconsistent.

I just wanted to stop by this new thread to say that this is the most fun I've had with a fighting game in years. It's a shame that, judging by sales, more people aren't experiencing it. Even though Guile is my main, Nash has been a suitable replacement so far.

Resets I found with Nash. Sadly his Genocide Cutter doesn't allow him to do an air reset.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I will never be this good.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How is it that I go from Ultra bronze 1800 LP to 889 LP, back to 1759 LP and then back to 800 LP so fast.

Im either on an intense losing streak, followed by a winning streak all the way down to losing every match.

so inconsistent.

I've ranked into and out of super bronze at least 30 times now.

Skilletor

I made it to Silver on PC last night. Been playing mostly on PS4, but going to move to PC just for convenience.

I was constantly getting matched with silver players as bronze, so it went pretty quick.

Also, there was some server bug where it wasn't properly displaying rank, so when people would lose, it was a surprise how much they lost!

Birdie's Bull Revenger or whatever the jump grab is is actually way better than Spiral DDT. It grabs when your opponent is crouching; DDT doesn't. It hops over fireballs; DDT doesn't. It's fast; DDT isn't. It has excellent range; DDT doesn't. It has an EX that grabs on contact; DDT doesn't.

Spiral DDT is the move that comes out when your inputs get sloppy.

If anything, Birdie's dive reminds me more of Kanji's YOLO dive in p4a. I really hope Alex's stun gun headbutt works somewhat as good.

I'm liking the movelist for Alex. Sounds like his game plan will be to stun and high damage your ass fast. Just the way it should be.

I am super hyped for the trailer whenever it comes, and he releases. I'm rocking my Alex avatar for now until I can get in game shots of him in a color/costume super cool pose to update.

Then I'll be set for a GAF avatar for a year. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom