• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

Necro - pre transformation, basically a new character

Q - pls

Rose - I don't necessarily like her as a character, but it seems like she would be a good fit for this game

Sodom - I know they said he wouldn't fit into the story, but just have the illuminati kidnapping his gang members for their experiments. Boom, sorted.

Sagat - Eh, why not.

Really I'd be happy with 5 totally new characters as well. Please no Akuma, evil Ryu, Dan, Sakura, etc.

Makoto
Andore
Necro
Twelve
Remy
Oro

Change everyone's v-skill to a parry, make the art 2D sprite based.
This would also be acceptable.

Even if they do delay some parts of the update (like Alex) I have no doubt they'll release the majority of it in March.

My guess is that the server maintenance was (in part) to prepare for the additions coming in the "march" update. However, I am totally prepared for Capcom to disappoint.

Pompadour

Even if they do delay some parts of the update (like Alex) I have no doubt they'll release the majority of it in March.

I really don't think Alex is the issue. It's probably the Shop as everything networking related in this game is a shitshow. They don't want people losing a ton of FM and complaining if the Shop is wonky.

By the way, I wonder if Capcom has completely forgotten about the promised Beta participant reward.

Edzi

I really don't think Alex is the issue. It's probably the Shop as everything networking related in this game is a shitshow. They don't want people losing a ton of FM and complaining if the Shop is wonky.

By the way, I wonder if Capcom has completely forgotten about the promised Beta participant reward.

I'm sure they've forgotten by now, but it probably would have just been a lame "Beta Tester" title, so it's no real loss.

JayEH

I forgot that was even a thing.

cordy

Banned
No absolutely no doubt in my mind that Season 2 will have Akuma and Sakura. Anyone else is free but I'll say this

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Sagat
- Makoto

Edzi

Ucchedavāda;199021078 said:
Didn't the beta have that title available?

Yeah, I'm guessing they'd just unlock it for those of us who participated in the Beta as some kind of badge of honor.

qcf x2

Again, shoryuken, as signature a move as they come, didn't miss its wakeup properties just because they gave Ryu a parry.

Iron Muscle is good, sure, but it doesn't make up for the properties lost by SPD.

You've mentioned wakeup DP for Ryu a couple times here, but the move is way less safe in SFV. If you see somebody doing it frequently they're either a scrub or Daigo, because it's a terrible idea. It was not only faster and had more invincibility in SF4, you also had the free bailout with FADC.

That tweet is really making me think they're gunna delay it :/

I just want the shop Capcom, pls

If Alex isn't ready yet let him bake but the shop...

I feel the opposite tbh. I want Alex but don't care about Capcosmetics
I'll get a few of them eventually

ElFly

You've mentioned wakeup DP for Ryu a couple times here, but the move is way less safe in SFV. If you see somebody doing it frequently they're either a scrub or Daigo, because it's a terrible idea. It was not only faster and had more invincibility in SF4, you also had the free bailout with FADC.

Tru tru

but is not like a instantaneous wakeup SPD wouldn't be super unsafe as it is currently

KingBroly

Banned
no names tho

VSlyaUZ.jpg

Read the bolded names on the left side. That's the order.

Considering that the have the character for each month as "???", I would not expect that order to reflect the actual release order. On the other hand, it is Capcom we are talking about, so they may well have accidentally put it on there in chronological order.

Xeteh

I'm willing to bet they're working on most of those characters (if not all) at the same time and they'll put out whichever is coming together the quickest.

Asd202

Ucchedavāda;199022496 said:
Considering that the have the character for each month as "???", I would not expect that order to reflect the actual release order. On the other hand, it is Capcom we are talking about, so they may well have accidentally put it on there in chronological order.

Capcpom gonna Capcpom.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That tweet is really making me think they're gunna delay it :/

I just want the shop Capcom, pls

If Alex isn't ready yet let him bake but the shop...

I want to say that if it was bad news like a delay they wouldn't start the tweet with "Attention SFV fans!" or even tweet at all about beforehand. But who knows what they're thinking?

HiResDes

I'm willing to bet they're working on most of those characters (if not all) at the same time and they'll put out whichever is coming together the quickest.

I think they probably understand that if they just rush out characters it could potentially throw off the game's balance

Blackage

It'd actually make Zangief a much more solid threat, IMO but I don't know how it would affect the game down the line.

5 Frame start-up actually hurts command grabs with the way the game is currently setup because it makes it harder for grapplers to dissuade folks from using buttons or some frame traps that are slightly negative.

A good example is LP Spinning Mixer for Rashid. He's -2 on it which in SF4 meant a punish but in SF5, it's unpunishable by grapplers because their fastest attack is 4 frames which loses because Rashid can just hit LK afterwards because it has a 3 frame start-up. Only Mika could stop it but at the cost of a trade because her jab is 3 frames. When you combine this with grappler buttons being slower in general, it's pretty rough. That's not taking into account hurtboxes and hitboxes either.

Birdie and Mika make out OK because they have certain strengths to compensate but Zangief kind of gets the short end of the stick.

Er this is misinformation, both Gief's Crouch LP & SPD both beat anything Rashid presses after LP Spinning Mixer, the only thing he can do is EX Spinning Mixer for invulnerability or jump back or block(If he thinks it's going to be Crouich LP), if he tries to press anything else and Gief presses Crouch LP or SPD he get snatched.

A delay would probably be announced at this point. They did this announcement for an announcement before they dropped the Alex info and updates on us. After that long ass wait for yesterday's updated servers (lol), I think that shit is ready to go, but either Sony wants to wait until Tuesday and they want to get this shit out at NCR so they have to convince them to let them release the DLC not on a Tuesday, or they plan on saying fuck it and dropping it before. Most likely the former.

vg260

That is not a confirmation of what month each character comes out. It may be the order, but that doesn't confirm anything more than the initial teaser picture. Until they specifically say which character is when, nothing is confirmed.

Mizerman

A delay would probably be announced at this point. They did this announcement for an announcement before they dropped the Alex info and updates on us. After that long ass wait for yesterday's updated servers (lol), I think that shit is ready to go, but either Sony wants to wait until Tuesday and they want to get this shit out at NCR so they have to convince them to let them release the DLC not on a Tuesday, or they plan on saying fuck it and dropping it before. Most likely the former.

Yeah, they probably wanna get NCR out of the way first. If it was a delay, they would've been upfront about it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't know if they should respect every bigger tournament in their update schedule. There are maybe 500 people playing at NCR and potentially hundreds of thousands affected at home.

I really don't know if they should respect every bigger tournament in their update schedule. There are maybe 500 people playing at NCR and potentially hundreds of thousands affected at home.

I think that they're probably using character trailers/update information at tourneys as advertisement for people to watch the Capcom Pro Tour, but you're right. They could always just make new characters banned from tourney play for a few weeks after release.

sucks when 5bar people leave your lobby after one fight. dude, now i gotta kick 5 1bars before another 5bar shows up. your situation can't be better.

Xeteh

I think they probably understand that if they just rush out characters it could potentially throw off the game's balance

I don't mean that they'll rush them out or anything, just that whichever character starts start working out, start feeling balanced will be the ones that are released first. Otherwise I don't understand why they'd commit to a long schedule, planning out all the releases and not have a planned order for the characters.

Shadoken

Man I fking beat this dude in Platinum and he Rage quit..... Some people just wanna hold on to their precious points soo much.

Edit - Any point on throwing up a replay anymore ?

Hex

Banned
That is not a confirmation of what month each character comes out. It may be the order, but that doesn't confirm anything more than the initial teaser picture. Until they specifically say which character is when, nothing is confirmed.

The image released more recently looked legit enough for me to solidly believe in the order.
Confirmation of source or not.

Updating the game with new tech and new characters only for it to ruin their CPT baby that they are investing a lot of money in would be a huge error on their part. On the flipside of things, it would be nice to have things that aren't related to the balance of the game or characters to come out first, but after yesterday's long ass server downtime I'd imagine it has more to do with their servers being ass and needing to be ready than timing the update with NCR.

So Capcom may or may not split up the game updates from the chaacter DLC + patches in the future since their biggest hurdle is out of the way.

Except an event like NCR (which may have 1000 participants this weekend, not sure what registration numbers are looking like) attract over 100k viewers on twitch, and the premiere stream acts as a weekend marketing event for the game. If they release something that is broken, and breaks the version meant to be played on their stream, or throws the balance into an unfavorable light, then thats a bad look all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom