• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like watching the CPT but I like playing the game more so fuck the CPT.

If anything, the CPT is ensuring that updates are held to a higher quality bar than normal. We really have no indication as to what the original release schedule for the March update was - whether it was originally intended to be before FR and some issues arose in QA/Cert & it got pushed past NCR, or if it was originally intended to be released after NCR so as to not shake up the balance of the game too much before the first two CPT premieres of the year were out of the way.

The last thing I want is an update to be launched that leaves the game reeling for a few days while they sort it out on their end. This game has already had enough in terms of rough launches, between the betas & the full release. What we need is better communication from Capcom on their updates & their intention on when to release them & how it relates to CPT events and toiurnaments. A few weeks ago, I asked in this thread whether or not any consensus was reached about how weekly majors would approach new character being released on the week of a major, given we have new characters supposedly launching monthly until September, and no one had an answer. This is the kind of thing Capcom themselves should have already given thought & guidance on and haven't. They should be communicating on an almost weekly basis on the state of the game & how things are progressing on their end, but haven't.

Mizerman

If anything, the CPT is ensuring that updates are held to a higher quality bar than normal. We really have no indication as to what the original release schedule for the March update was - whether it was originally intended to be before FR and some issues arose in QA/Cert & it got pushed past NCR, or if it was originally intended to be released after NCR so as to not shake up the balance of the game too much before the first two CPT premieres of the year were out of the way.

The last thing I want is an update to be launched that leaves the game reeling for a few days while they sort it out on their end. This game has already had enough in terms of rough launches, between the betas & the full release.

Same. I would rather have them take their time and work out the kinks in the game than to just release early patches and find out that more shit started to happen. Don't go the NRS route.

On a side note remember when people were saying before the release that SFV is slow? lol

Meh. Tends to happen and I don't worry about that.

On a side note remember when people were saying before the release that SFV is slow? lol

Oh GOD! The pre-launch CONCERN looks so ridiculous in hindsight now. The "it looks too slow" or the "its not technical enough, why no 1f links?" crowds have reallllllly quieted down now, thankfully.

Has Capcom released any information about the online tournaments that they promised? The latest update I could find just promised more information "in the coming months".

Shouta

Er this is misinformation, both Gief's Crouch LP & SPD both beat anything Rashid presses after LP Spinning Mixer, the only thing he can do is EX Spinning Mixer for invulnerability or jump back or block(If he thinks it's going to be Crouich LP), if he tries to press anything else and Gief presses Crouch LP or SPD he get snatched.

Ah, I miscalculated. That's what I get for writing something quick. Derpz

The core argument remains the same though. If Rashid doesn't press a button, he's safe in SFV where -2 would be a SPD punish in SFV. You also have to account for the fact that its still very tight too.

JayEH

Ucchedavāda;199027360 said:
Has Capcom released any information about the online tournaments that they promised? The latest update I could find just promised more information "in the coming months".

remembered what company you're waiting on updates for here...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

I imagine that won't happen until they sort out the issues with online play.

Hearing "Oh sorry, our online tournament is postponed because our battle lounges keep failing." is probably not a good look.

Rocwell

So if Capcom UK is tweeting about the update does that mean they're doing a WSO stream to talk about it presumably today? What's their streaming schedule usually like?

This online infrastructure is nowhere near being ready for online tournies.

So if Capcom UK is tweeting about the update does that mean they're doing a WSO stream to talk about it presumably today? What's their streaming schedule usually like?

Their capcom unity(is it still called this? Lol) blog posts are on Thursday, so maybe something tomorrow, I think they do stream stuff on Tuesday right?

Rocwell

This is getting so old. I'm not excited about Alex at this point, just getting irritated with all the secrecy and cockteasing.

Mediking

I don't even look at Cammy's health when I'm fighting online. Lol I just don't bother. The only thing I look at besides Cammy and my opponent is the gauge bars. I look at them every now and then.

I had a epic comeback today in Ranked. The guy took a huge chunk of my health but I started playing super smart and cautiously and I beat him. :D

I also fought a very spammy Mika player. They kept doing the same moves over and over and I downloaded his data. As soon as I figured it out, I fought back and beat him!

Go Cammy! Baby, maybe your health isn't bad when you just ignore it and fight with your skills!

Smo21

Wow in a battle lounge with my buddy that lives in the same city and it's a slide show. We're both wired so this is weird.

Shito

Oh, I totally forgot next Monday was a bank holiday here in France: that means I'll be able to watch the NCR finals in the middle of the night.
Yay.
Alex trailer live for me!
Hopefully

I'm probably not going to use my FM on Alex, so I'm not all that anxious for the update.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little irritated that I still can't get Nash's SFA costume because of no shop yet, though.

It's quite simple.

Zangief is Zangief.

Hugo is Hugo.

I hope that clears it up for you.
Not so fast, my friend.

They took away Gief's greenhand, took away his wakeups, gave him Hugo's leaping knee, and gave him a headbutt that's basically The Clap.

He plays more like Hugo than himself since Alpha.

Would've made more sense to start with Hugo since we know Gief would generate higher sales as DLC.

cordy

Banned
Based on what?

?

Akuma's too popular to not be included, people thought he'd be in S1, same with Sakura and she was shown in Story Mode and mentioned a few times in it as well but for the rest?

- Azam's a new character who's linked to Rashid so he'd be fine being included
- Viper was shown in Story Mode and she's an interesting character
- Sagat? Who knows tbh
- Makoto? Who knows tbh

Sakura and Akuma are 2 characters I think are way too popular to hold out on until S3. All the others I'm just not sure about.

BiggNife

shown, or just mentioned?

dZt2H3J.jpg

I have barely played the past 2 weeks. I'm getting to the point that I'm not sure I care about what the update even brings anymore. If I hadn't bought the deluxe edition I would prob be completely out.

I just want the challenges and stuff to get a bit more fun out of this. The only character in the DLC that interests is juri and I don't think she is due for a while yet.

Maybe i will just come back when the story mode hits and see what's up.

It'd actually make Zangief a much more solid threat, IMO but I don't know how it would affect the game down the line.

5 Frame start-up actually hurts command grabs with the way the game is currently setup because it makes it harder for grapplers to dissuade folks from using buttons or some frame traps that are slightly negative.

A good example is LP Spinning Mixer for Rashid. He's -2 on it which in SF4 meant a punish but in SF5, it's unpunishable by grapplers because their fastest attack is 4 frames which loses because Rashid can just hit LK afterwards because it has a 3 frame start-up. Only Mika could stop it but at the cost of a trade because her jab is 3 frames. When you combine this with grappler buttons being slower in general, it's pretty rough. That's not taking into account hurtboxes and hitboxes either.

Birdie and Mika make out OK because they have certain strengths to compensate but Zangief kind of gets the short end of the stick.

Wait....if he's -2 it just means he's safe afterwards, but any button he presses afterwards is completely unsafe, there is no way in hell a 3 frame jab would trade after that.

ElFly

Not so fast, my friend.

They took away Gief's greenhand, took away his wakeups, gave him Hugo's leaping knee, and gave him a headbutt that's basically The Clap.

He plays more like Hugo than himself since Alpha.

Would've made more sense to start with Hugo since we know Gief would generate higher sales as DLC.

His crouch roundhouse (and offensive crouch roundhouse) also look a little like Hugo's edit: I think Hugo crouch forward, IIRC Hugo crouch roundhouse is a dropkick or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom