• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capcom really is dragging their feet with the release date of this update....

And looking at KI's outfit customization SF5 feels super weak in comparison (except for on PC with mods lol).

Shadoken

Capcom really is dragging their feet with the release date of this update....

I dont mind the delay tbh , IF everything they mentioned actually work fine.

I think they learned their lesson with launching SFV , So hopefully the fixes they are doing is meaningful and not some quick hack to get shit working.

larger lobbies are gonna be useless unless you only play with people you know. if they don't implement additional connection filters, you'll have tons of 1bar players joining your lobbies. sometimes they'll be locked in a game before you can kick them out of it. constant lobby management is also annoying. i hope they'll think about this problem before this stuff goes live....

So what are some stuff you wannna see added to the Store?

new colors. the old can be unlocked. new titles. new stages down the line. altered stages. i'm talking about stuff purchased with fight money. keep some content fight money only as an additional incentive to play the game. keep the community alive.

Clawww

larger lobbies are gonna be useless unless you only play with people you know. if they don't implement additional connection filters, you'll have tons of 1bar players joining your lobbies. sometimes they'll be locked in a game before you can kick them out of it. constant lobby management is also annoying. i hope they'll think about this problem before this stuff goes live....

what are you talking about lol

just choose how many slots you want, set as many slots to private as you like, and go from there.

• A discount on some or all store items would be cool. "25% off on colors! Use your Fight Money on these cheaper items while you can!"
  • Colors are cheap. Please don't make colors expensive. Do individual color buying options and bulk color buying options, please.
  • Optional voice announcers. Call me a perv but I really want a sexy woman voice as my voice announcer for SFV. "Another Fight is Coming Your Way!" from a sexy voice can really encourage me. Lol
  • I already have the Season Pass so I'm actually able to play as Alex and the others without worrying about Fight Money. But I think it would be very nice and good of Capcom to allow players at least 10 matches for free with DLC characters. "Here are 10 matches you can use to play as Alex! Either do Casual or Ranked! Enjoy!" I think that would be really nice for those who aren't sure of buying Alex or any other DLC character.
  • Optional Menu designs and apperance. The design right now currently works but I want something more flashy and cool.
  • More titles.
  • More goofy flags.
  • More stages.

What are your hopes for the Store?

That it will be added this month along with alex and trials....

daman824

So have they announced a release date for the update? About a week left in March.

Really making me want to trade in the game. With the way the game launched, and the initial negative impressions, you'd think capcom would work as hard as possible getting the promised future content out when they originally promised it would be out by

Celcius

°Temp. member

What are your hopes for the Store?

You know what? A 25% fight money discount on the store for week one would be awesome and a nice gesture.

I don't think I'm going to put myself through survival hell after all... I guess I'll just try to reach Silver rank before the update goes out.

So have they announced a release date for the update? About a week left in March.

Really making me want to trade in the game. With the way the game launched, and the initial negative impressions, you'd think capcom would work as hard as possible getting the promised future content out when they originally promised it would be out by

TBH i am sure they weren't expecting a failure or bad reception.....They really thought they will get away with a barebones AAA game in this day and age. Pokken is barebones like SFV too and guess what it failed miserably in Japan worse than SFV. Even pokemon name couldn't save it. But anyways I hope they release Guile on schedule he has been my main for almost 15 years now.

Would rather they took their time and not break anything trying to rush the job. They're playing a long game, if it's not out this month, it needed the extra time.

NCR this weekend, and next Tuesday is the last drop day for PSN (and presumably Steam, but Steam does whatever it wants). There's still time.

Edzi

They promised March and March isn't over yet. Some of you need to seriously calm down.

daman824

Would rather they took their time and not break anything trying to rush the job. They're playing a long game, if it's not out this month, it needed the extra time.
Or maybe they shouldn't have announced it for this month at all.

If a company is going to charge consumers $60 for a barebones game with the promise that future content will come at set points in time they better make sure the content hits when they say it will. If you're going to release a game as a platform like this, you better not delay your first batch of content.

There's supposed to be new stuff every month. What's to say future characters won't be delayed. I mean shit, the team behind killer instinct, a digital only low budget fighter, always release the content by the end of the month they say it'll release by. If capcom can't do the same, they shouldn't have promised this content for March.

They just continue to fuck everything up.

This is a bit pre-emptive. But we have a week left and still no announcement of a date. And when the biggest complaint the game has is a lack of content, I doubt they are holding off announcing a date for a large chunk of content because they really want to

Or maybe they shouldn't have announced it for this month at all.

If a company is going to charge consumers $60 for a barebones game with the promise that future content will come at set points in time they better make sure the content hits when they say it will. If you're going to release a game as a platform like this, you better not delay your first batch of content.

There's supposed to be new stuff every month. What's to say future characters won't be delayed. I mean shit, the team behind killer instinct, a digital only low budget fighter, always release the content by the end of the month they say it'll release by. If capcom can't do the same, they shouldn't have promised this content for March.

They just continue to fuck everything up.

New content is coming in March.

March is not over.

You even said that yourself.

How is this difficult to grasp?

This is a bit pre-emptive. But we have a week left and still no announcement of a date. And when the biggest complaint the game has is a lack of content, I doubt they are holding off announcing a date for a large chunk of content because they really want to

That's because the announcement is probably going to drop at NCR. We've been over this. They probably don't want to drop it before NCR and ruin their tournament (although leaving the rest of the content out that's not related directly to the gameplay is stupid IMO). Or Sony themselves is holding them back and making them wait until Tuesday, when DLC and other things typically drop. There was a big maintenance period yesterday, and today they said they'd have news for us soon. Like, it's Wednesday. Let's get back to this on next Tuesday night if they haven't said shit.

They're still gonna fuck it up. Capcom has lost any trust they have with their fans over their products at this point.

Okay, but wouldn't it be ten times easier to just wait until it happens instead of throwing assumptions? And I don't need someone speaking for me on the trust side. For me, it's a level of variance. I'm not the most confident person in the world in regards to Capcom's schedules, but I'm not going to declare it over and already fucked up. I'll save that shit for when they do, and I'll save my forgiveness for when they give me a reason to forgive them on things. It's a very simple method.

daman824

New content is coming in March.

March is not over.

You even said that yourself.

How is this difficult to grasp?
I feel like if they had a date they would have given it to us by now. If it were submitted or was about to be submitted, they would have announced it by now. They want people to know that new content is coming as soon as possible. Why would they be so quiet?

They promised March and March isn't over yet. Some of you need to seriously calm down.
It's like your friend telling you he'll let you borrow a game for a second and he literally means a second.

By the time the DLC comes out, it may still technically be March but it may as well be April.

So is the next DLC coming out in Maypril?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Last I heard was something around 350

edit: Yeah I have no idea what to do against a Vega with claw on as Karin. You can't get in, he has so much more range than you and is faster.

I feel like if they had a date they would have given it to us by now. If it were submitted or was about to be submitted, they would have announced it by now. They want people to know that new content is coming as soon as possible. Why would they be so quiet?

We had an announcement of an announcement today, which, in terms of Capcom, usually means things are going to come out on time. NCR is this weekend, so they are probably saving the trailer for then.

We are probably going to get the confirmed date of next Tuesday for the patch on Friday or early Saturday morning, trailer on Saturday night after finals (or Sunday?), content on Tuesday.

Skilletor

There was no announcement. They said please be patient.

I don't see why we should have any faith in content being delivered in the time line they've set after this launch.

I'm hovering just above 2k LP. For some reason I've been matched with the same Super Gold Nash player like 6 times the last few days and the same Ultra Gold Sim three times. The matches against Nash I usually lose although I tend to at least take a round off of him but the matches against Sim feel impossible.

I really need practice in the matchup. I have no idea when it's my turn, it honestly feels like he's safe all of the time. Some stuff I need a good answer for: (I'm playing Karin)

What do I do when he tk teleports and crosses me up? My gut tells me there is no way this is as spammable as it looks but I haven't found a way so far to really do anything other than perfectly timing a jab to interrupt him. Maybe I'm wrong but the timing to jab him out of his fierce seems super precise, or I'm just bad I guess. And it's safe on block I guess? I can use meter to DP it but even that feels hard to time.

Why exactly can I not use Ressenha to go through his fireball? Against the entire cast a nearly fullscreen fireball is an easy punish for me but Sim's hits me for no reason.

And am I bad or is his standing jab chop thing completely unreasonable? Anytime I jump over his limbs I think I'm golden to land a combo into pressure and then he just insta chops me out of the air. If I get close on the ground, where I thought Sim is weakest, he just hits jab and pushes me out. And his slide is safe on block I guess?

And why in the world does his super seem to do 70% of my health? Is it just generally hard to combo into?

As someone relatively new to SF Sim is just super frustrating to play against. Anybody else even without perfect matchup knowledge I feel like I can use Karin's good fundamentals to win if I play smart but I have no idea how to even approach a good Sim player.

That said the few Sims I have played in Silver and Bronze tend to breakdown as soon as I get in as long as I stay patient and just pressure them. This one in Gold gives no fucks though, always finds gaps in my offense perfectly.

edit: Yeah I have no idea what to do against a Vega with claw on as Karin. You can't get in, he has so much more range than you and is faster.

I'm obviously not the best Karin but for me I have to constantly remind myself in this matchup that he can generally outfootsie me but once I get in he seems to have no real answer to my pressure. I feel like I can pretty much freely approach Vega after a knockdown and even jumping in on him seems pretty easy. I almost always just jump forward on round start and I dunno that I've even really gotten punished for it. 70% of the time they eat a free jump in since many Vegas at least at my level like to start with that far reaching HP (I think it's f.HP but I'm not sure)

It helps that at my level Vega players seem to still think the wall dive is completely free and just eat multiple air-to-airs in a round until they wise up.

KingBroly

Banned

I don't see why we should have any faith in content being delivered in the time line they've set after this launch.

I've been patient long enough. I'm tired of this crap. They can't even patch an anti-rage-quitting mechanism without it getting some kind of budgetary approval at this point.

Hang back, bait a reaction, get in with your overhead special with no follow-up at about medium range. Do it after he whiffs one of his heavy claw pokes in medium range. You're aiming for a blocked hit. Or, you orochi slam into him. EX style.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The medium overhead special is -5 on block lol. EX Orochi is -7...
More shoulder yeah, I guess.

I really need to level up my Nec. If people press buttons, I can win. If they play remotely passive or I crack, I'm done. I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to move back to Nash or Birdie.

Well, it's kinda both.

Calling all Street Fighter V fans. We’ll have news on the next update coming shortly. Thank you for your patience

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/712670377890045953

They only do this shit when things are actually scheduled on time, so I'm inclined to believe until proven otherwise. It's fine if other people don't, or do, but completely giving up hope seems extreme.

Now, the RQ shit needs to be figured out soon. That shouldn't need a monthly update to implement.

Well, it's kinda both.

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/712670377890045953

They only do this shit when things are actually scheduled on time, so I'm inclined to believe until proven otherwise. It's fine if other people don't, or do, but completely giving up hope seems extreme.

Now, the RQ shit needs to be figured out soon. That shouldn't need a monthly update to implement.

WTF is "shortly"? 10 minutes from now? A day from now? A week?

I've been patient long enough. I'm tired of this crap. They can't even patch an anti-rage-quitting mechanism without it getting some kind of budgetary approval at this point.

They are working on a long-term rage quit solution that will be introduced at a later date, and implemented the current weekly reset solution. Yes, it sucks that we're waiting for this along with a host of other stuff, but they are working on it. I agree, its frustrating, and with seemingly no dates or no calendar commitments to any of this stuff outside of nebulous months, it becomes even more frustrating.

Give them the rest of March. If we don't get the content they at least told us would be available this month, then please go ahead and rake them over the coals as they'd deserve. Even though i'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get a March update still + Alex, I still have a feeling they decided to buy more time & have rolled March Update into April Mega Update and are gonna launch both DLC characters at the same time plus a few other features they haven't launched yet. YES, i'll be super disappointed if this turns out to be real.

i feel bad, I got matched with the same Vega three times

the first round of the first match he got me down to no life and I made a complete comeback. round two i perfected him

the next two fights i demolished him

I fear Mika made a man quit Street Fighter today

i feel bad, I got matched with the same Vega three times

the first round of the first match he got me down to no life and I made a complete comeback. round two i perfected him

the next two fights i demolished him

I fear Mika made a man quit Street Fighter today

I feel like fighting Mika is like slowly dismantling a bomb. Keep your cool and you can stay in control generally, fuck up once and you basically just have to make hard guesses to not die immediately. I don't even feel safe using V-reversals against Mika.

How long has it been? I've noticed they can take their sweet time, but never more than a couple of minutes.

It's been a few days, but I haven't actually started up SFV since then. It might pop next time I start playing. I remember the 200 player lvl one popping up well past me reaching 200.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, I just can't leave the bronze league. I keep going between bronze and super bronze. I don't see how some of you make it to gold.

KingBroly

Banned
They are working on a long-term rage quit solution that will be introduced at a later date, and implemented the current weekly reset solution. Yes, it sucks that we're waiting for this along with a host of other stuff, but they are working on it. I agree, its frustrating, and with seemingly no dates or no calendar commitments to any of this stuff outside of nebulous months, it becomes even more frustrating.

Give them the rest of March. If we don't get the content they at least told us would be available this month, then please go ahead and rake them over the coals as they'd deserve. Even though i'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get a March update still + Alex, I still have a feeling they decided to buy more time & have rolled March Update into April Mega Update and are gonna launch both DLC characters at the same time plus a few other features they haven't launched yet. YES, i'll be super disappointed if this turns out to be real.

They should have released SOMETHING by now. Anything. The reason why Splatoon's content worked is because they knew that you had to drip feed that shit otherwise people would stop finding reasons to play the game. SF5's online activity is already down over 70% since launch at this point. The lack of communication, patches and update on content so they can base this shit around their fucking Pro Tour is moronic.

When people ream Capcom over this game, this is why. Their priorities are completely fucking backwards. They have no idea how to cater to a wider audience with this, and even the audience they are trying to cater towards is becoming more fed up with their bullshit by the day. They started inwards and are working more inwards instead of going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom