• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necalli's theme > *

FTFY.

Could someone give me some advice in this Mika vs. Vega match?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr56szZbLT8

That's currently the highest level of play I can achieve right now. I actually tried to be patient and rely on footsies and defense, for once. Didn't help, though.

Well for starters, Flash is rather good so don't feel too bad if you got bopped.

Round 1 came down to you guessing what he'd do on wakeup which happens sometimes. Risk / reward and all that.

Round 2 he caught you pushing buttons. I think with some EX moves as pressure you would've gotten out of some tough spots, but your meter use overall was good. It started to fall apart once you went for the stun and got a bit greedy.

Both rounds you lost because of the V-Trigger. It's a lot faster than most people think.

I have barely played the past 2 weeks. I'm getting to the point that I'm not sure I care about what the update even brings anymore. If I hadn't bought the deluxe edition I would prob be completely out.

I just want the challenges and stuff to get a bit more fun out of this. The only character in the DLC that interests is juri and I don't think she is due for a while yet.

Maybe i will just come back when the story mode hits and see what's up.

I'm right there with ya dude. This game is so depressing. Every time I look at the icon on my PS4 I think about playing and I figure I might be able to eek out a win or two online but what's the point if someone will just rage quit? Then I think, well how about survival? Yeah it sure would be fun to get 80-90 matches into Hell and get a server error. This is one of the most disappointing games I have ever played.

Shadoken

Could someone give me some advice in this Mika vs. Vega match?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr56szZbLT8

That's currently the highest level of play I can achieve right now. I actually tried to be patient and rely on footsies and defense, for once. Didn't help, though.

Well against Vega you aren't going to Win in that dept. You should have gone in , try breaking down his defensive wall. Instead of countering it with your own. Notice how even though you were trading blows in the neutral , He is the one who pushed you into the corner.

Hyun Sai

I just received my HORI FIGHTING COMMANDER 4 controller yesterday and boy is it a game changer. Been playing on my 360 SFIV fighting stick and the pad is way more effective in doing moves and combos.

It's legit. So great to play with. Reminds me of the old SNES days playing SF2 with the SNES gamepad.

Welcome to the club, it's an awesome pad.

FluxWaveZ

Well for starters, Flash is rather good so don't feel too bad if you got bopped.

Round 1 came down to you guessing what he'd do on wakeup which happens sometimes. Risk / reward and all that.

Round 2 he caught you pushing buttons. I think with some EX moves as pressure you would've gotten out of some tough spots, but your meter use overall was good. It started to fall apart once you went for the stun and got a bit greedy.

Both rounds you lost because of the V-Trigger. It's a lot faster than most people think.

Thanks for the advice. Vega's V-Trigger is definitely something I need to look out for more.

Well against Vega you aren't going to Win in that dept. You should have gone in , try breaking down his defensive wall. Instead of countering it with your own. Notice how even though you were trading blows in the neutral , He is the one who pushed you into the corner.

That makes sense. I'm bad in both departments, though, so I probably would have crumbled even faster if I was going for that. The risky play that Mika demands... guess it's still something I need to adjust to. If it's not jumping and getting countered in the air, it's going for the charged dive kick and the opponent neutral jumping it.

FinKL

First thing I thought of. Also I feel you gave the second round by ending your momentum with EX P.Command grab. Why not do the K one? It's only slightly less range, but at least you are right on top of him for his wake up to continue the pressure. The P command grabs reset the situation mid screen (notice how far away you are, you can't continue pressure, should be used if you were aiming for stun), and position switches in the corner.

If I ever get P command grab not in the corner, I usually am at relief considering she can't really follow up on it.

FluxWaveZ

Also I feel you gave the second round by ending your momentum with EX P.Command grab. Why not do the K one? It's only slightly less range, but at least you are right on top of him for his wake up to continue the pressure. The P command grabs reset the situation mid screen (notice how far away you are, you can't continue pressure, should be used if you were aiming for stun), and position switches in the corner.

If I ever get P command grab not in the corner, I usually am at relief considering she can't really follow up on it.

Yep, I tend to actively think about which command grab to use when I'm at the corner, but I kinda do it randomly mid-screen. Whiffing a command grab is very scary, so I guess I subconsciously go for the one with the most range. I should be more mindful of which one I go for so that I can continue pressuring the opponent properly.

qcf x2

You ran into a heck of a player, but you walked yourself into the corner in both rounds, and you were sitting on full meter as he was throwing pokes. Also that mic was a bad, bad idea.

Durden77

I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and all I want is to come home and have the shop available for me.

Please Capcom, don't delay Christmas any longer.

There's....not going to be news today. *sigh*

kobu

You have to keep an eye out for the block strings your opponent is using so you know if it's a good idea to counter poke or not.
Mikas jab could have shut down a lot of the shit he was doing. Also his fhp is punishable using ex peach on hit or even if it whiffs.

So I got the Hori RAP4 Kai, on a drunken whim. :p

I notice I can't throw out CAs from the left side. Not the stick since the QCF works just fine, it's just my shitty wrist dexterity. XD

Mediking

Isn't Flash Metroid a pro player? I swear I just saw him play as Vega in a tournament or something.

Anyway, you held your ground well. Surprised you didn't do Mika's EX punches.

Force him into a corner and do more mix-ups next time.

I'm right there with ya dude. This game is so depressing. Every time I look at the icon on my PS4 I think about playing and I figure I might be able to eek out a win or two online but what's the point if someone will just rage quit? Then I think, well how about survival? Yeah it sure would be fun to get 80-90 matches into Hell and get a server error. This is one of the most disappointing games I have ever played.

Not to be mean, but do you have a local scene? I mainly play offline as much as possible because I feel like that's where fighting games live best. Unless you play them for a different reason.

The RQ shit is annoying, but I've only ever had a few dudes here and there. Server issues aren't happening as much so Survival runs are fine, but that shit has always been stupid so I dunno.

I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and all I want is to come home and have the shop available for me.

Please Capcom, don't delay Christmas any longer.

There's....not going to be news today. *sigh*

Bruh, it's like less than a week's time before they probably drop the content on us. It'll come.

Isn't Flash Metroid a pro player? I swear I just saw him play as Vega in a tournament or something.

Anyway, you held your ground well. Surprised you didn't do Mika's EX punches.

Force him into a corner and do more mix-ups next time.

Yea he was 9th place in FR19 last weekend so no shame losing to him:)

Man, that match was fantastic Flux. I really have no business giving ya criticism, but here's what I noticed

-FM is familiar with the match up. You should've gone for a command grab or regular grab after your two successful blocked fully charged st.hk. You wanted in against his further reaching normals, and thats your tool to do it. Just didn't get any damage once he blocked those two hits. That extra damage could've been the 1st round.

-First round had two jumps from Vega that went unpunished by cr.mp. He actually started jumping more on you cause he didn't think you had the AA. This is what caused you to make a read for your AA command grab towards the end of round 1, but you actually did it when he was too far. FM tended to jump when he was at the edge of his footsie range, he was further out than that and punished you for your failed read, which put you in the corner.

-Round 1 ended after you got him with a successful combo and you were walking into his downed body, he woke up with a st. lk (I believe thats what it was, could be st.mk though) and cancelled into v-trigger xx super. I'm curious as to what you were pressing once he was downed and he quick upped right there. Did you go for a command grab or something? From experience, I know you got the wake up 50/50 from her on point, so I was surprised wake-up button hit you. Maybe he just guessed right? Either way, you had the life lead and the timer was running down - perhaps just blocking on that wake up, and waiting to see if hew as gonna pull something riskier that you could punish would've been a better option at that point.

- Round 2 saw you start with you getting into footsie range, than you held down back for a few of his attacks after the initial mix-up & side switch. Why didn't you switch to holding back to build distance, then charging st.hk. He seemed to want to stay at his max footsie range with then jump. At the very least, charged st. hk would've gone under his jump. During this sequence where you held down back, you had two opportunities to neutral jump his walk-in -> attack. You could've empty neutral jumped and command grabbed him, or attacked on the way down with jp.hp.

-Considering FM preferred staying in clawless, you should've utilized your jump on him more when you were in your max footsie range. It would've been fast enough to beat the start-up on his st.hk. He punished you with st.hk when you attempted to jump at max range, but you started the round by using jp. belly flop to get in and got a full block string off of it on block. that could've been a grab instead (don't know the recovery data on belly flop, so not sure if thats true).

- Towards the end of round 2, you got him into the corner after a command grab and then decided to jump over him, letting him out and putting him in the corner - this was probably your biggest mistake of round 2, imo. As soon as he got out, he got all the space he needed for his max footsie range and poked you down accordingly.

Honestly, you weren't too far off. It was just a few minor mistakes on your part that he capitalized on. You didn't put him in enough situations for him to make mistakes of his own for you to capitalize on. Both rounds could've gone your way.

Zapages

seriously... RQ are annoying... I honestly try to play bad the first round so folks don't RQ on me.

PS: I am currently fluctuating between Ultra and Super Bronze. :(

PSS: Folks here know that I am not that even great either. :(

ElTopo

Banned

I beat Flash's Vega, I didn't think he was anything special IMO. You missed a couple of anti-air's. It's very important to land that 2MP AA and get the pressure going on them. You have to get better at landing Passion Press into the Rope Throw. Just go into training mode and have the dummy randomly block, and just keep doing Passion Press until you get the timing. If you just can't do it, another option is to do Passion Press and then 5LP or walk in and throw or 6MK or Command Grab.

Also, if you land a 6HP and they block, I always do either 5MP or EX Typhoon or LP. IF 5MP lands, you can follow that up very easily with EX Peach and that puts them right in that corner. Keep in mind that if you do 6HP mid-screen and they block, they can easily backdash out. Once you get them in the corner that's when you make them guess with you doing 2LK, 2LP, LP Peach or 6HP or Command Grab, or tick throw, or 2LK then 6HP, etcetera.

FluxWaveZ

-First round had two jumps from Vega that went unpunished by cr.mp. He actually started jumping more on you cause he didn't think you had the AA. This is what caused you to make a read for your AA command grab towards the end of round 1, but you actually did it when he was too far. FM tended to jump when he was at the edge of his footsie range, he was further out than that and punished you for your failed read, which put you in the corner.

My AA game needs a lot of work. Aside from cr.MP, I also need to learn to do Wingless Airplane on reaction, and even f.HP.

-Round 1 ended after you got him with a successful combo and you were walking into his downed body, he woke up with a st. lk (I believe thats what it was, could be st.mk though) and cancelled into v-trigger xx super. I'm curious as to what you were pressing once he was downed and he quick upped right there.

That was a stupidly mistimed st.LP. Still constantly mess up the timings when the opponent is waking up and I want to stuff whatever they could be doing. The wait-and-see approach definitely would have been a good option at that moment.

-Considering FM preferred staying in clawless, you should've utilized your jump on him more when you were in your max footsie range.

Ah... smart.

The rest is definitely noted. Thanks a lot; this is some good stuff that I don't even think about when I play. I'll implement all of the advice that I'm getting so I can improve.

ElTopo

Banned
My AA game needs a lot of work. Aside from cr.MP, I also need to learn to do Wingless Airplane on reaction, and even f.HP.

That was a stupidly mistimed st.LP. Still constantly mess up the timings when the opponent is waking up and I want to stuff whatever they could be doing. The wait-and-see approach definitely would have been a good option at that moment.

Ah... smart.

The rest is definitely noted. Thanks a lot; this is some good stuff that I don't even think about when I play. I'll implement all of the advice that I'm getting so I can improve.

If Vega does Crimson Terror -and the same applies to Bison's doing Scissor Kicks or Laura's doing random YOLO LP Bolt's- challenge them. Do 5MP after blocking, go for a command grab, do EX Peach, scare them into stop pressing buttons. Make them respect you. Pretend they're a dog and you have a rolled up newspaper. You smack them and tell them "No!"

Kikirin

I'm not a high level player by any means, but a few general things:

Vega doesn't have strike invincible reversals at all, though he has a throw-invul EX special when claw is on. Feel free to bully him with whatever meaty / setup once you get a knockdown.

f+HP has a lingering extended hurtbox that can be punished on block, even from a distance. Hit up the training room to see what Mika might be able to do!

Vega's grounded specials on block are largely pretty punishable. Non-EX Rolls (QCF+K) are at least -6 with him pretty much next to you. The claw-on non-EX Spin Edges (QCB+P) are at least -6 but might be situationally safe depending on distance. You might be able to get at least pressure if he ends up close enough to you. Grounded EX specials aren't outright unsafe on block, but they are slightly disadvantageous. st.hp > claw off is similarly disadvantageous, so feel free to start pressuring after those.

This wasn't a particular problem for you since you didn't jump in much, but jumping in from 2 character lengths or further is generally a bad idea against him since his anti-airs work best from that distance.

Definitely be careful with (neutral) jumping and long duration moves when his V-trigger is stocked, especially when he also has super.

In the match:

You did good to block patiently during his claw-off blockstrings, as they lead to a lot of frame traps. You gave him a lot of space in neutral though, even though his claw off normals (aside from slide) don't really go much further than 1 character length.

When the claw is off, he's either looking to go in and bully you, or is expecting you to go in and do the bullying. Once you've established that you didn't have much intention of aggressively going in, he was able to switch to claw on to play a longer ranged game without needing to worry much about untimely jumps against his pokes.

On pressure, his frame traps with claw on aren't very real when he's further out than his jab's distance. Can try to stuff their startup extended hitboxes if you're feeling bold.

I'm not sure whether Mika has solid antiairs or air to airs, but he got cheeky with jumping once it felt like you weren't going to punish him for doing so.

All in all, it seemed like you did fairly well and kept it close in spite of letting him get away with a lot of things, and knowing that you can go ham once he's knocked down can improve your success against him. It's a hard time catching him, but once you do, the round could be won off that one knockdown.

Mediking

So what are some stuff you wannna see added to the Store?

• A discount on some or all store items would be cool. "25% off on colors! Use your Fight Money on these cheaper items while you can!"
  • Colors are cheap. Please don't make colors expensive. Do individual color buying options and bulk color buying options, please.
  • Optional voice announcers. Call me a perv but I really want a sexy woman voice as my voice announcer for SFV. "Another Fight is Coming Your Way!" from a sexy voice can really encourage me. Lol
  • I already have the Season Pass so I'm actually able to play as Alex and the others without worrying about Fight Money. But I think it would be very nice and good of Capcom to allow players at least 10 matches for free with DLC characters. "Here are 10 matches you can use to play as Alex! Either do Casual or Ranked! Enjoy!" I think that would be really nice for those who aren't sure of buying Alex or any other DLC character.
  • Optional Menu designs and apperance. The design right now currently works but I want something more flashy and cool.
  • More titles.
  • More goofy flags.
  • More stages.

What are your hopes for the Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom