• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

Crap. Just beat a Gold Ken who has a 20 win streak going, but I kept taunting during round 2 and round 3 'cause I expected the inevitable to happen when I won. I did, but no RQ. Feels bad. Did that against another opponent that seemed dubious a while back, too, but that one passed as well. Googling, it doesn't even seem that this player is a known RQer, so woops.

He probably knew why you were doing it and was laughing about it. At least you won :D

Sheroking

Crap. Just beat a Gold Ken who has a 20 win streak going, but I kept taunting during round 2 and round 3 'cause I expected the inevitable to happen when I won. I did, but no RQ. Feels bad. Did that against another opponent that seemed dubious a while back, too, but that one passed as well. Googling, it doesn't even seem that this player is a known RQer, so woops.

I've been running up ~15 game winstreaks fairly consistently the last week or two because I keep getting matched up against the same bronze and silver ranked players who aren't going to beat me, over and over again.

Don't think a substantial winstreak necessarily means ragequit anymore.

Mediking

I fought a Rashid earlier today who was throwing so much stuff at me. I don't know how I did it but I remained calm and overwhelmed him.

Once you knock an opponent down.... the time is ripe!

hamchan

That moment when you realize you're the true monster.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I can't believe it... I beat Survival HELL! (with ken)
My heart was pounding near the end lol. After beating it I unlocked the Veteran Among Veterans title, Good Vibes title, 3 different achievements, and the usual exp + fm.
Sitting at 492k fight money. Now I can finally never touch survival mode again...

...until Alex unlocks and then I'll do his easy & normal just for the colors and fight money.

I think there was a site at one point but it broke and I don't think it's been fixed yet. :/

I checked the site a day or two ago and it still hasn't updated. Which means it's been over two weeks since the last time it updated. This is a real bummer since l really wanted to see my win rate against all the different characters as well as my overall win rate. Hope CFN finally works like it's suppose to when Alex and the patch drops.

Durden77

I checked the site a day or two ago and it still hasn't updated. Which means it's been over two weeks since the last time it updated. This is a real bummer since l really wanted to see my win rate against all the different characters as well as my overall win rate. Hope CFN finally works like it's suppose to when Alex and the patch drops.

If all the in-game stat tracking would actually work, it potentially could be amazing.

It's maybe my biggest dissapointment at launch. It doesn't work at ALL? After 4 betas? The fuck.

Man I feel dumb. Just figured out Necalli has more combos when he's transformed. I thought I checked everything launch week, but not well enough I guess. Its really good, too. Fellow Necalli scrubs, try m stomp after cr mp when popped.
Shit, he can also link cr mp to m charge dash. Popped, Necalli can turn a light punish into a no meter 30% combo, and its a pretty good block string besides. Might be starting to believe the high tier stuff.

Finally finished normal survival with Cammy. That makes easy + normal done with four of the cast done so far. Probably won't grind any more out until I hit silver. Still in Super Bronze but I'm slowly gaining points - learning a lot and getting exposed as a scrub feels real good.

I think I'll be playing this game for a while :D

I went back into Ultra Bronze. YAYA (I guess).

How's Ryu guys in this epic comeback win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZkIjzuP5PE#t=9m30s

From the first match, you throw out a lot of heavy moves hoping people will walk into them. Those are begging to get countered.

Your mix ups are good, but you jump a lot - try using your dash on their wakeup to keep them guessing what you'll do.

Also tatsu isn't super safe anymore so I'd avoid using it as a guess and use it more as a read / response. You threw it out like three times in a row at the end of that first round.

Overall not bad, good spacing but be careful you don't make yourself vulnerable.

I went back into Ultra Bronze. YAYA (I guess).

How's Ryu guys in this epic comeback win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZkIjzuP5PE#t=9m30s

Man I want that Ryu costume so badly. I actually pre ordered the digital version at Gamestop but I lost my patience because everybody was pre loading on PSN and I got these weird ideas that maybe I could somehow play it early if I did the same thing. Now all I got is this Chun costume that I can't even try to trade. Come on Capcom, open the shop already. I want to pay you guys for this stuff.

HardRojo

I was so fucking close to winning against a friend's Bison in a ranked match :( He's at 6k LP now lol, I wanted his points :p
Edit: Also, why the hell am I getting matched up with him? I'm at 2.4k LP lol.

Just saw the latest Capcom Pro Talk. Either Mike Ross is the greatest actor who ever lived or that pop-off at the end was legitimately real.

I just got this game and even with settings to 5 bars only all I seem to get is the same handful of teleporting Ryu's. Coming from Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat XL to this has been remarkably disappointing so far :(

Orcastar

Playing on a stick at home is weird. XD

You get more consistency with inputs, but the button placement is definitely going to take me some time to get used to.

I still can't QCFx2 to the right, it's wild. When I'm on the right side of the screen and input to the left I can nail it, but for some reason I have a bad habit that totally screws up the input from left to right. :p

I've been playing on a stick since SFIV (though before SFV came out I hadn't been playing any fighting games for years) and I'm still not completely comfortable doing QCFx2 motions to the right... When I'm on the right I can do them blindingly fast, but from the left I'm much slower and still mess up way too often. Feels bad, man.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
BBF4S3o.gif
How have I not seen this before with all the ragequitting going on?

Ucchedavāda;199083460 said:
According to their Twitter, it should be fixed in a week or two.

Quite ridiculous that Capcom wouldn't do a web portal for FightIDs. They just need to take a look what Bungie has done for years.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Quite ridiculous that Capcom wouldn't do a web portal for FightIDs. They just need to take a look what Bungie has done for years.
I wish they would flesh out the whole idea. Release older fighting games with CFN support etc.
But it's Capcom we're talking about...

Agreed, but it's not too surprising who we are talking about, and considering the state of the game. The user profiles are not even complete and this point, with several parts being entirely inaccessible, and even if they were it looks like a huge downgrade from the player / character profiles in many ways.

Man I feel dumb. Just figured out Necalli has more combos when he's transformed. I thought I checked everything launch week, but not well enough I guess. Its really good, too. Fellow Necalli scrubs, try m stomp after cr mp when popped.
Shit, he can also link cr mp to m charge dash. Popped, Necalli can turn a light punish into a no meter 30% combo, and its a pretty good block string besides. Might be starting to believe the high tier stuff.
Triggered Necalli is one of the best chars in the game. Also that forward dash is so sick.

I am done. I am so done. Just spent like an hour and a half on that shitty hard survival mode and I am officially done touching survival mode above normal difficulty. If I knew the game was going to be this barren and this downright greedy in it's design I would have just waited a few months until Capcom got their asses whooped back and forth on the market (as is currently happening). Haven't even tried ranked today. I just wanted some colors and I can't even get that without a tremendous mind reading CPU hassle. The rage is bubbling inside me like a goddamn geyser at this point. I wish all the hateful and horrible things that can befall a human being land on the doorstep of whoever designed this goddamn scam of a mode.

hate hate hate

Fuck this game.

Start trying Karin. I'm actually enjoying her. Play some casuals. Win 3 lose 1. Ok well.... Maybe I will try ranked again.

First game birdie in ultra bronze I'm in super bronze. I lose. Ok that's fine. No prob. Still anoying getting ranked against people much higher and losing 55lp but what ever. It's nothing.

Next fighter. Ultra bronze Ken. 6 win streak..........let's see what happens.

First round. I'm winning pretty good. Then boom. Lag suddenly appears as if from no where. I still win the round. Then this guy sucks so bad I still win the entire game.......... Player has disconnected.....

It's been over a fucking month capcom.
FIX
YOUR
SHIT.

And the store still isn't open. I want to spend MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYY.

Back to casual I go.

Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom