• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Watched some Haitani for Necalli ideas. Fairly simple plan as far as I can see. Smart v-skill use, s.mp buffer into his charge move to catch dash ups / limbs, s.mp to c.mp for the frame trap, activate v-trigger ASAP. Got it.

Watched some Haitani for Necalli ideas. Fairly simple plan as far as I can see. Smart v-skill use, s.mp buffer into his charge move to catch dash ups / limbs, s.mp to c.mp for the frame trap, activate v-trigger ASAP. Got it.

Necalli's V-Skill is insanely good. Even if you take a fireball in exchange for hitting them with your V-Skill, you win cause you get V-meter and hence can get V-trigger more quickly. Shit is ridiculous.

Shito

Necalli's V-Skill is insanely good. Even if you take a fireball in exchange for hitting them with your V-Skill, you win cause you get V-meter and hence can get V-trigger more quickly. Shit is ridiculous.
Yeah, that's the only thing I could see getting nerfed: he gains vtrigger way too quickly with his vskill.
Hataini was switching to super-sayan very often when he was around 60% of his life: this is ridiculous for a 3 bars vtrigger which is that good.

Yeah, that's the only thing I could see getting nerfed: he gains vtrigger way too quickly with his vskill.
Hataini was switching to super-sayan very often when he was around 60% of his life: this is ridiculous for a 3 bars vtrigger which is that good.

Yet when I was saying that in the final round thread, every reponse was of me not knowing shit or it just being a month since the game was released so it's going to take more time before deciding what can get nerfed and one gentlemen encouraging me to visit the League of Legends thread.

Can't help but love this place sometimes.

EDIT: Mike Ross was right in the recent CPTalk, if you're not a pro player then your opinion means jackshit to people.

vulva

He was also getting punished for being too predictable with it a lot of times since the recovery on it is insane. It's obviously a good tool but it already has some major flaws.

He was also getting punished for being too predictable with it a lot of times since the recovery on it is insane. It's obviously a good tool but it already has some major flaws.
It's certainly not an amazing, unbeatable move. It has it's weaknesses but it's strengths certainly help make the risk worth it. The startup isn't particularly long either so reacting to it can get difficult if you don't have amazing reflexes.

EDIT: And I don't think the recovery is that high.

Ryu's Hadoken has 35 frames of recovery for the HP version and is -7 on block.

Necalli's V-skill has 29 frames of recovery and is -2 on block.

EDIT2: And unlike the hadoken, the v-skill hits instantly so in a trade situation or a neutral situation, it's pretty damn good. Makes Zangief's life hell in particular since even if you use your V-skill to absorb it, Necalli still gets V-meter.

Shito

Yet when I was saying that in the final round thread, every reponse was of me not knowing shit or it just being a month since the game was released so it's going to take more time before deciding what can get nerfed and one gentlemen encouraging me to visit the League of Legends thread.

Can't help but love this place sometimes.

EDIT: Mike Ross was right in the recent CPTalk, if you're not a pro player then your opinion means jackshit to people.
Haha, yeah people can get heated as soon as we start talking balance changes.
It's true that it's still a little bit too soon to talk about buffs and nerfs though, but this is really the only element that struck me as weird during FR, the fact that Haitani would have his vtrigger so consistently early in a lot of rounds.

Yeah no sure, it's not broken or anything, and I would not suggest to change it thaaaat much anyways, just tweak it a little bit to make it so he can't get his 3 bars with still that many life going for him.

I mean, Necalli is pretty meh without that Trigger. Nerfing it would ruin him.

Edzi

I wonder what happened to that guy who was writing essays about how Necalli was the worst character in the game.

LakeEarth

I wonder what happened to that guy who was writing essays about how Necalli was the worst character in the game.

I went to Shoryuken to check the General Necalli thread to get some information, and was greeted with two people trading large essays about how shitty Necalli is. "No footsies" they say, "V-trigger Necalli is only middle-upper tier" one claimed. So I'm guessing over there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I wonder what happend to that guy who wrote the eventhubs article about FANG being broken well before release.

Clawww

yup. it kinda works like a long range sweep and you can even get v-guage on block.

Smo21

Lmao v-frames got my hopes up.
wdvJQUS.jpg

The good ol' google doc has them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AmcnW1uwVJ0H03QJtV-dJC5ohL8/htmlview?sle=true

Doesn't seem to have it for vtrigger Necalli though. :/

Thanks. So as Infil said, Ken and Chun have the fastest forward dash. My boy FANG's is 20 frames but because his animations are so unique, you can almost always recognize that he's forward dashing.
Lmao v-frames got my hopes up.
Oh god, quote that image please.

EDIT: btw, that google doc file has some incorrect frames. I don't think Dhalsim has a 3 frame st.lp since I have a frame trap as fang that only works on characters with 4 frame jabs and it worked on dhalsim, last i tried.

If you have an Android tablet/phone the FAT (Frame Assistant Tool) has all that and more...for something that is free it's amazingly helpful.

I actually have FAT installed on my phone but I couldn't find dashes. It's still a great app though, I'd recommend it too for anyone who has an android device.

vulva

It's certainly not an amazing, unbeatable move. It has it's weaknesses but it's strengths certainly help make the risk worth it. The startup isn't particularly long either so reacting to it can get difficult if you don't have amazing reflexes.

EDIT: And I don't think the recovery is that high.

Ryu's Hadoken has 35 frames of recovery for the HP version and is -7 on block.

Necalli's V-skill has 29 frames of recovery and is -2 on block.

EDIT2: And unlike the hadoken, the v-skill hits instantly so in a trade situation or a neutral situation, it's pretty damn good. Makes Zangief's life hell in particular since even if you use your V-skill to absorb it, Necalli still gets V-meter.

Don't forget that Ryu's hadouken has 13 frame start up and necalli's vskill has 25, which means to get a punish on necalli from start up to recovery you have 54 frames vs ryu's 48.

Chun has one of the floatier jumps at 48 frames, which means on anticipated reaction, she could get a jump in combo for big damage on necalli much easier than ryu.

ElFly

I wish the frame data gave me more info on Iron Muscle. The diverse documents all list nothing on startup, active or recovery.

dantarion seems to suggest I can cancel from 20 frames on, which ain't bad, but testing tells me the cancel window starts later.

edit oh wait, VFrames app say 31, 5, 15, and armor from frame 1.

Mmm.

TacosNSalsa

I actually have FAT installed on my phone but I couldn't find dashes. It's still a great app though, I'd recommend it too for anyone who has an android device.

When looking at frame data look towards the top .You'll see something like Ryu Stats and an arrow. It gives health, stun , taunt frames,walk speed back and forward, back dash forward dash , back forward and neutral jump frames and distance. It really is well done...i

Don't forget that Ryu's hadouken has 13 frame start up and necalli's vskill has 25, which means to get a punish on necalli from start up to recovery you have 54 frames vs ryu's 48.

Chun has one of the floatier jumps at 48 frames, which means on anticipated reaction, she could get a jump in combo for big damage on necalli much easier than ryu.

True,certain characters have an easier time against it than others. I'm still not saying that it's too good or that it's broken. I'm simply saying that the amount of V-meter that it gives on hit is a little too much compared to how good a move it is and how much use he can get out of his V-Trigger.

LakeEarth

March update in March! Capcom finally gets one right!

Too bad Alex has to wait until the Thursday, but I guess they want to make sure the store is working right before unleashing him.

Anyone else notice that the shop will have titles for sale? That's ... interesting I guess.

EDIT - nevermind, the shop and Alex come out on the same day

March update in March! Capcom finally gets one right!

Too bad Alex has to wait until the Thursday, but I guess they want to make sure the store is working right before unleashing him.

Anyone else notice that the shop will have titles for sale? That's ... interesting I guess.

That's not surprising since I believe you could buy titles in one of the betas (or at the least Capcom said that titles will be in the shop)

ElFly

Lol..and of course the site isn't loading for me...

Hey everyone!

We have some exciting news to share today: the long awaited March update that contains Alex will be releasing next week in two separate drops. Hit the jump for more details!

The first drop will take place on March 28 (MON) and contains the following content:

Challenge Mode
Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.

Online Rematch Option
Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.

Battle Lounge Improvements
Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.

The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

Alex + related character story content
In-Game Shop
Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).

One feature that will not be making it into the March update will be the Zenny (real money) functionality of the in-game shop. We have taken a long hard look at this part of the store, and after much review, have decided it is not ready to launch just yet. As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it. There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready.

We realize that this causes an inconvenience to fans who want to purchase the DLC characters, such as Alex, but do not have enough Fight Money or own the Season Pass. To address this, we will be making Alex available for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches. This also will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching. Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.

Any DLC character related content (such as costumes) that is purchased with Fight Money during the trial period will remain in your account once the trial period ends, but you’ll need to purchase Alex to use that content. The same goes for colors and character progress, etc. that are earned during the trial period; everything will be saved, you’ll just need to purchase the character to resume your progress once the trial period ends.

As a special bonus to our Season Pass users, they will be the only ones who will be able to access the premium costumes of the DLC characters until the Zenny shop launches, and they also get to keep character access once the free trial period ends. Additionally, we will be giving all Season Pass users a free, brand new stage in the near future!

Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character.

Thank you for continuing to support Street Fighter V and we promise that the game will continue to improve from here on out. More new updates, fixes and support for other pressing issues like rage quitters are in the works and we hope to have more information to share soon.

Until next time!

Here, copypasted. I guess this is ok?

vulva

True,certain characters have an easier time against it than others. I'm still not saying that it's too good or that it's broken. I'm simply saying that the amount of V-meter that it gives on hit is a little too much compared to how good a move it is and how much use he can get out of his V-Trigger.

I feel like it's pretty easy to avoid it though, you can neutral jump on reaction without fear of punishment, it's definitely a risk to throw it out there, considering the startup/recovery on it it's actually a pretty huge risk since you also need to make sure you get the opponent in the 1 of 3 very specific locations you need to be hit in, while risking eating a big jump in combo or someone just dashing up/doing a reaction tatsu/whatever else as a response.

Considering the risk associated, personally I think it's fair that he gets the big v gauge gain considering the damage on the vskill is really low as well. 50 damage isn't a whole lot for the risk being taken

Free sexy Ryu and Chun.

ALL HAIL CAPCOM

I think that story alt is the SF: Alpha one, the one in the tutorial.
I feel like it's pretty easy to avoid it though, you can neutral jump on reaction without fear of punishment, it's definitely a risk to throw it out there, considering the startup/recovery on it it's actually a pretty huge risk since you also need to make sure you get the opponent in the 1 of 3 very specific locations you need to be hit in, while risking eating a big jump in combo or someone just dashing up/doing a reaction tatsu/whatever else as a response.

Considering the risk associated, personally I think it's fair that he gets the big v gauge gain considering the damage on the vskill is really low as well. 50 damage isn't a whole lot for the risk being taken
I personally think that it isn't that easy to avoid,at least not for every character. Perhaps it's balanced in that sense, perhaps its not. Truth be told, this is my first proper street fighter and my experience going into this matchup is mainly with Ryu and FANG so perhaps I simply haven't been utilizing my tools correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom