• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's stun gun headbutt. It seems like it's probably his back+HP grab, reworked into a normal. I will reserve judgement until I see some actual gameplay. He might be fun to use, even if he's not what Alex fans wanted moves wise.
He probably will be fun to use. Right now he's just too different for me.
The Alex that fans wanted would have never worked in this game.
He would have worked too well. His st.MK alone would make Karin's st.MK look downright stubby.
Yeah, I getcha. I'll probably save my FM for alt costumes / colors, and just get the season pass.
I don't even know what I'm going to use it for. It's just so hard to get that I'm paralyzed by indecision. I might just hold onto it until I get 1 million FM for the achievement.
He ends up being low tier and we all get disappointed.
I'll blame the removal of stomp and slash elbow. Those are godlike specials compared to his air knee smash.

Mupod

He ends up being low tier and we all get disappointed.

honestly he'd have to be shockingly awful which I somehow doubt will happen. I feel like this game is in a much better state balance wise than just about any other fighter I've played at launch.

I've wanted Alex back desperately since the day SF4 was announced but since then I've actually kind of gravitated away from the grappler archetype. I'll happily main him if he clicks with me but I'm still expecting to stick to Bison when I'm 'serious'.

Xeteh

honestly he'd have to be shockingly awful which I somehow doubt will happen. I feel like this game is in a much better state balance wise than just about any other fighter I've played at launch.

I've wanted Alex back desperately since the day SF4 was announced but since then I've actually kind of gravitated away from the grappler archetype. I'll happily main him if he clicks with me but I'm still expecting to stick to Bison when I'm 'serious'.

Yeah, this game has some really solid balance going for it right now. Pretty surprising.

Whelp, larger battle lounges can't come soon enough. No mention of that, right?

Ranked was kind enough to match me against Ricki Ortiz this week. Held it together for most of the first round, but 2nd round was so so free. Getting stomped was depressing, but at the same time inspiring. Must get better.

Skilletor

Ranked was kind enough to match me against Ricki Ortiz this week. Held it together for most of the first round, but 2nd round was so so free. Getting stomped was depressing, but at the same time inspiring. Must get better.

It's in the next patch, we just don't know the date for it. My guess is the 29th.

To add to the previous two comments, see the 6th post-launch update for what is coming this month:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

SephLuis

Today was a good day. Started from 2800 LP and went to 3200 LP.
Even had a gold player rage quit after I won. Seriously considering to send Capcom a video because the guy had a 70 win streak lol

Gotta practice against Nash. Even the dumber ones are getting the upper hand on me.
AI practice in training has been somewhat helpful.

Anyone wants to play later today ? I got my fill with Chun, but I certainly could use some practice with Mika and Karin.

KingBroly

Banned
I find it weird that despite only 1 stage having destructable environments you can see remnants of that stuff existing in other stages, like the Forgotten Waterfall having that Cave on the left.

Resets I found with Nash. Sadly his Genocide Cutter doesn't allow him to do an air reset.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You could use this gain back more health.

holy s...good stuff! What decides if you cross up or not in the dash, the timing of the air jab/dash? Looks like a 50% chance of eating that ...

Astral

I made it from Bronze to Ultra Bronze with a 10 win streak today. I feel pretty good about myself. I feel like I've definitely gotten better against Ryu and Ken which were huge problems for me.

Torpy

Neo Member
Playing awful with ryu for the last 20 games or so I think I might try going back to mika. I am trying too hard to incorporate fireballs.

Is there a faster way to get into a ranked match? Sometimes I think being in training and having the match finder on is faster than the other ways?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is there a faster way to get into a ranked match? Sometimes I think being in training and having the match finder on is faster than the other ways?

Nothing consistent. Some days I'll get matches fast in training, some days I get jack squat but get them faster by direct searching ranked, somedays thats slow.

Their servers just suck, plain and simple.

I really don't like LP. Every time it drops I get anxious, especially when you're just at the new league threshold.

The LP is fine, IMO, as long as you don't obsess over your exact amount. But the way leagues are implemented is actually worse than SFIV, since there is no buffer preventing you from constantly entering / leaving a league, which just gets annoying / silly the 15th time. And preferably the leagues should be based on the actual LP distribution among of active players.

SUPARSTARX

Lol damn. Streak of online losses. I feel mad defeated after dropping from gold back into ultra silver.

Time to go out and get a drank

Arion

When I air to air someone do I get frame advantage when we land on the ground? If so, is that frame advantage bigger if I use a stronger attack?

Ucchedavāda;198184915 said:
The LP is fine, IMO, as long as you don't obsess over your exact amount. But the way leagues are implemented is actually worse than SFIV, since there is no buffer preventing you from constantly entering / leaving a league, which just gets annoying / silly the 15th time. And preferably the leagues should be based on the actual LP distribution among of active players.

I think the most simple answer to this is "stop losing".

Alucrid

Banned
just went on a six game win streak , beat a higher level rashid, got a nice buffer into super bronze. time to call it a night on a high note...

Quesa

Does anyone have an easy solution for the slow-mo thing that happens when I try to watch a video and play the game on PC at the same time?

FACE

Banned
After seeing the changes to Alex I'm just sitting here looking at Ibuki's movelist and wondering what they'll remove.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ibuki will probably play pretty close to her 3S version and nothing like her bullcrap SF4 version.

Skilletor

Buy a new PC

I laughed.

After seeing the changes to Alex I'm just sitting here looking at Ibuki's movelist and wondering what they'll remove.

Upper
Kunai
spinny kicks
command dash
raidou
neck snap

I can see them getting rid of the dash, which is fine since it's pretty worthless and Karin and Laura have something similar.

She had a ton of command normals, so I can definitely see some of those getting axed for now, possibly a target combo or two. It's possible they keep much of it and say she's an "expert character," imo.

I'm hoping she's got her command dash back and that kunai's work more like Rolento's daggers.

qcf x2

I find it weird that despite only 1 stage having destructable environments you can see remnants of that stuff existing in other stages, like the Forgotten Waterfall having that Cave on the left.

Yeah, they're in many stages, and the fact it varies from left side to right side reinforces my belief that the stages were all originally designed to be dynamic in 2 ways (day/night AND extra areas), and that Capcom will eventually "fix them" and call it an update (which I'm fine with, tbh). I actually think this is part of why they haven't addressed the 30 fps background characters.

Brazil: tunnel on the left side with some quality lighting
Waterfall: cave on the right side
Asian street: completed, left side and right side
London: bathroom(?) on the left side
Kanzuki: ballroom on the right side
India: elephant area on the right side
Military Base & Shadaloo stage: n/a, both look like they were last minute rush jobs though
NYC: ??? Maybe the bank on the right side? Not sure.

Ibuki will probably play pretty close to her 3S version and nothing like her bullcrap SF4 version.

I hope so. I actually didn't want to see Ibuki ever again after SF4, same goes for Elena and those 2 were my mains in 3s. The butchery was traumatic. But SFV is a lot less floaty and vortexy and trash than SF4, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom