• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the SFV stages are impressive, even when ignoring the annoying background characters.

The prettiest ones are London and Brazil, and even those aren't that cool.

They really need to go back to a more subdued style for the backgrounds. Less features, less distracting little details, more large skies and horizons.

What I am saying is give me Australia Grass Fields or give me death.

I like all the stages. They are very impressive and a lot of work has gone into them, especially kanzuki estate and hillside plaza stages

Well, the blog post did say his accompanying story content (i'm guessing he'll have a story mode on wednesday) will also be added when Alex goes live. Sure, more quickly done Bengus art, but hopefully his story takes him into some interesting directions.

I'm betting the SFV story will lead into SF3 somehow. I kind of hope they replace it since there wasn't much going on anyway.

Was going to wait until a more permanent rage-quit solution was implemented, but I think i'm just going to dive back into this. Now if only I could pick a main.

Im genuinely curious here, why? Why do people care so much about the rq? If they rq, they rq, just go on to the next fight, all you miss out on are the points. Which do literally nothing. They do nothing but go up(and down) and ding at increments and that's it. They're not even really that good of a measurement of skill. You still get the win right, mentally you know you whooped ass. Isn't that where the satisfaction should come?

I mean this statement as in offensively as possible, not singling you out or being aggressive in the manner in which I write, just curious.

Play Vega and rush that shit down.

No lie, have been bouncing between Vega and Mika. No shame, no fucks given.

Im generally curious here, why? Why do people care so much about the rq? If they rq, they rq, just go on to the next fight, all you miss out on are the points. Which do literally nothing. They do nothing but go up(and down) and ding at increments and that's it. They're not even really that good of a measurement of skill. You still get the win right, mentally you know you whooped ass. Isn't that where the satisfaction should come?

To be honest, the RQ personally doesn't bug me THAT badly. I'll get salty, sure, but that's my own problem.I wish they could just implement a system similar to SF4, but it is what it is you know? March update news and the solid gameplay is good enough for me.

No lie, have been bouncing between Vega and Mika. No shame, no fucks given.

To be honest, the RQ personally doesn't bug me THAT badly. I'll get salty, sure, but that's my own problem.I wish they could just implement a system similar to SF4, but it is what it is you know? March update news and the solid gameplay is good enough for me.

Yeah I get you, I only asked after seeing the Alex thread, it's full of folks unhappy with the whole rage quit issue lol.

Im genuinely curious here, why? Why do people care so much about the rq? If they rq, they rq, just go on to the next fight, all you miss out on are the points. Which do literally nothing. They do nothing but go up(and down) and ding at increments and that's it. They're not even really that good of a measurement of skill. You still get the win right, mentally you know you whooped ass. Isn't that where the satisfaction should come?

I mean this statement as in offensively as possible, not singling you out or being aggressive in the manner in which I write, just curious.

But muy fight money!

LakeEarth

When someone rage quits, don't think about the points you would've gotten. They have a false rank. If they didn't rage quit, they'd probably be a league or two down.

Im genuinely curious here, why? Why do people care so much about the rq? I mean this statement as in offensively as possible, not singling you out or being aggressive in the manner in which I write, just curious.

Yo KOD45 I think everyone here (including yourself) is smart enough to understand the numerous reasons why RQing is frustrating and a real problem.

What character are you trying to get colours for? Have you tried watching others beat hard and using their AI exploit to win?

Last night I was wondering what to do with Chun, watched someone play hard mode and they abused an AI hole where they rarely blocks her v-skill when it crosses up. The spacing is pretty strict, but you get 25 easy fights to practice before things gear up.
I'm trying to beat with Karin and her low health is definitely a consistent problem. Frankly, I'm more mentally exhausted by the mode than anything else. After several tries you just start pressing buttons and don't care anymore. This mode needs severe reworking. V-meter needs to carry over, health needs to regenerate based on how little damage you took in the previous round and that RNG bullshit needs to be killed so that people can buy the abilities or health packs they want.
Wish List for SFV

-Skullgirls All-Play Lobbies
-Ping numbers instead undefined bars
-hitbox display
-remember my training mode settings
-Less npcs in stages
-more stage transitions
-double KO during final round adds a 4th round
-pc version stick support
All of this would be fantastic. Regular lobbies instead of multi-fight ones being in "THE" fighter in 2016 is pretty funny though.

try harder Capcpom
Finally some update and info. Phew.....at least there's free Ryu and Chun Li story mode costume as some form of appeasement.
Really weak freebie for a lot of people who don't play either (especially Chun who isn't even as popular as Karin or Laura lol).
Really wish they'd just give people the 80k fight money to spend on whatever they want. Giving me Alpha Ryu and Cop Chun isn't really giving me anything I would've bought anyway. I'd rather have Alpha Ken and another costume for some other character I'm more likely to use. *shrug*

Free is free, but it could've been much better for anyone who has no interest in Ryu or Chun.
I feel the same way. I give no shits about Hot Ryu and Chun Li. What a cheap freebie. Money giftcards aren't always the best choice, but this time fight money (even 80k) should have been the reward for this mess of a launch.

Karin stage and the debut stage are my favorites. The Zangief one is nice too, with the bear in the back.

Still just want some empty NPC free stages already

ElFly

uhhhhhhhh, I absolutely LOVE Bustling Side Street, Hilltop Plaza, and Kanzuki Estate. The music in those stages also help sell them. Lair of the Four Kings is also great, but as purple is my favorite color, that stage just has far, FAR too much of it for my own good.

I used to love Kanzuki Estate until I started noticing how bad the floor looks. I am a Zangief player so I end up seeing people crushed into the floor A LOT (well, in my good days), and it looks really bad in Kanzuki Estate :(

I also loved Lair of the Four Kings! it was my preferred stage even over Russia! But then the weird sounds you make when jumping there made me drop it. So distracting. Russia also has gratuitous sounds (the chains jingling mainly) but it ain't as bad.

Hilltop plaza is probably my fav right now cause it has the less colored lighting.

We really need a stage without any distracting background character tho...and that ain't the grid cause the grid sucks.

Blackage

I wish every stage was brought up to China tier. It's the only stage where you can interact with the background at all with the bus, broken wall, noodles, and the neon sign breaking if you attack near it.

I used to love Kanzuki Estate until I started noticing how bad the floor looks. I am a Zangief player so I end up seeing people crushed into the floor A LOT (well, in my good days), and it looks really bad in Kanzuki Estate :(

I also loved Lair of the Four Kings! it was my preferred stage even over Russia! But then the weird sounds you make when jumping there made me drop it. So distracting. Russia also has gratuitous sounds (the chains jingling mainly) but it ain't as bad.

Hilltop plaza is probably my fav right now cause it has the less colored lighting.

We really need a stage without any distracting background character tho...and that ain't the grid cause the grid sucks.

Yeah, I also don't like the flashing floors on knockdown in lair of the floor kings. There is just some much audio/visual feed back that occurs within the gameplay realm instead of the back ground (like you said, knockdowns trigger the sound of the pad lighting up, the floor becomes bright purple on knockdown). I like it when its interacting with something in the background - like the Bull being knocked over in City of Chaos, or the neon sign exploding in Bustling Side Street.

The New Zealand stage is just way too vanilla for its own good. It reminds me of the Africa stage in SF4, minus those AWESOME hippos. If it had some emus running around, i'd probably like it more. Or something going on in the background. Some moving creature or something.

Yeah, I also don't like the flashing floors on knockdown in lair of the floor kings. There is just some much audio/visual feed back that occurs within the gameplay realm instead of the back ground (like you said, knockdowns trigger the sound of the pad lighting up, the floor becomes bright purple on knockdown). I like it when its interacting with something in the background - like the Bull being knocked over in City of Chaos, or the neon sign exploding in Bustling Side Street.

The New Zealand stage is just way too vanilla for its own good. It reminds me of the Africa stage in SF4, minus those AWESOME hippos. If it had some emus running around, i'd probably like it more. Or something going on in the background. Some moving creature or something.

The Africa stage was one of the few good ones in IV.

I just got matched with "Realmastibater" and if this is the same guy who was at FR, I have no idea how he did good, as I ripped him a new one.

I just got matched with "Realmastibater" and if this is the same guy who was at FR, I have no idea how he did good, as I ripped him a new one.
I don't think it is. Master-Baiter seemed like the go-getter type, the guy who would have kept mashing that X button just to log on to the game in the first hour of release to secure the name "MasterBaiter".

China stage is great. Hoping we get more stage interaction as time passes. Capcom's got a lot of time with this game. They should try and churn out quality content.

Some random thoughts on stages and transitions:

• For the China stage, after you send an opponent away on the bus, it'd be a nice little touch if the bus were missing in the following round. In its place would be a taxi, one of its rear passenger doors open, and the driver yelling for his fare.
  • Russia stage can implement some out-of-the ring environments. I love the Russia stage & theme. Transitions can further explore the whackiness of this area.
  • Waterfall stage as mentioned has the cave area to the right.
  • The hangar stage can transition into the base a bit or something. Same with the 4 kings stage. I agree with someone who said that the 4 kings stage is a little weird. Feels like an SF4 stage.
  • London stage can easily transition to the bathroom on the left. The right side has a tunnel of sorts. Is this a subway/train station? I never really paid attention. Asking for an area to the right with disembarking passengers/bystanders may be asking for too much.

I'm a big fan of the old 2d stages. They evoked this great feeling of being on a character's home court. Like, playing against CPU Honda back in SF2 had me like, "Holy shit, I'm fighting in a god damn bath house. E. Honda, you're a fool for wanting to fight in here." Some of you may think this is dumb, but those stages were awesome and added a lot to each character. I hope some of this can be recaptured in SFV somehow.

Curious to read what the rest of you think.

Yes these and so many more touches on the game would be great and make it feel complete. Too bad Capcom does not have the resources to do this. These types of improvements are years in the making unfortunately. They have a million issues in their queue already as so many other challenges need to be resolved before they can add cutesy stuff like this.

Yes these and so many more touches on the game would be great and make it feel complete. Too bad Capcom does not have the resources to do this. These improvements are years in the making unfortunately.

Man, if I had the means, I'd dump money on Capcom to implement this kind of stuff.

China stage is great. Hoping we get more stage interaction as time passes. Capcom's got a lot of time with this game. They should try and churn out quality content.

• For the China stage, after you send an opponent away on the bus, it'd be a nice little touch if the bus were missing in the following round. In its place would be a taxi, one of it's rear passenger doors open, and the driver yelling for his fare.
  • Russia stage can implement some out-of-the ring environments. I love the Russia stage & theme. Transitions can further explore the whackiness of this area.
  • The hangar stage can transition into the base a bit or something. Same with the 4 kings stage. I agree with someone who said that the 4 kings stage is a little weird. Feels like an SF4 stage.
  • London stage can easily transition to the bathroom on the left. The right side has a tunnel of sorts. Is this a subway/train station? I never really paid attention. Asking for an area to the right with disembarking passengers/bystanders may be asking for too much.

I'm a big fan of the old 2d stages. They evoked this great feeling of being on a character's home court. Like, playing against CPU Honda back in SF2 had me like, "Holy shit, I'm fighting in a god damn bath house. E. Honda, you're a fool for wanting to fight in here." Some of you may think this is dumb, but those stages were awesome and added a lot to each character. I hope some of this can be recaptured in SFV somehow.

Man, all that stuff sounds awesome.

I don't know why this isn't an option on PC where there's even a low-spec mode. You have to mod them out.

SFIV on PC didn't have it either. Instead you could set stages to "low quality", which would replace every stage with a ugly looking, black version of the training stage / grid. It made no sense, and there were often people asking on the Steam forum how to "fix" the stages looking like that, because nobody realized that was what the "low quality" stage option did.

• For the China stage, after you send an opponent away on the bus, it'd be a nice little touch if the bus were missing in the following round. In its place would be a taxi, one of its rear passenger doors open, and the driver yelling for his fare.

For the London stage, they should just have one of those huge custodial baskets or something blocking the bathroom and you fall in it if you get beat over there and then can continue the fight in the actual bathroom (let it be men's room for the follow up). Then, if you get blasted at the far left again, you get your head smashed thru a urinal, LOL.

Had an amazing day.

-No losses
-Won 600 points and made it to Super Gold
-Beat my first platinum

I'll upload some vids soon. Good Nash gameplay.

Whales

Banned
Why do ppl act so lame in battle lounges?

Playing vs a ryu, I win the first ft3 (3-0). Then he beats me pretty badly on the next set ( he 3-0s me too).

I'm liking it because the matches were all fun and the set was tied.

Then on the last set I win the first match, then the guy literally stops playing and just starts mashing jab for the whole match. I win and leave, then I receive a psn message:

'' yeah you know what I was getting at mashing jab, that's all you did''

lol really? come on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom