• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Why do ppl act so lame in battle lounges?

Playing vs a ryu, I win the first ft3 (3-0). Then he beats me pretty badly on the next set ( he 3-0s me too).

I'm liking it because the matches were all fun and the set was tied.

Then on the last set I win the first match, then the guy literally stops playing and just starts mashing jab for the whole match. I win and leave, then I receive a psn message:

'' yeah you know what I was getting at mashing jab, that's all you did''

lol really? come on..
Were you, though? :D

Whales

Banned
Were you, though? :D

Hey, i'm playing a char im unfamiliar with.

Even then, the move I probably use the most is cr.mp, not jabs , so nope I wasn't.

Either way the fact that the guy sent me a salty message when I wasn't even playing my main vs him is funny I guess!

looking forward to the replays, I feel I can keep climbing

any tips vs karin?

Whiff punish her sweep with F.HK. Control the space with Sonic Booms, and anti-air when she jumps. Her anti-air game sucks without EX meter so take advantage of that. Be wary of her DP as that will blow through your frame traps, and you need those because you want to smother her if you get in. Don't challenge anything after her Cr.MP as that is +3, so everything you do will get beat.

Durden77

I now know why lots of people play Nash, dude's fun to play.

So fun. Taught me a lot about the game too. I'm glad Guile wasn't immediately available because I relied on him too much in 4.

Whiff punish her sweep with F.HK. Control the space with Sonic Booms, and anti-air when she jumps. Her anti-air game sucks without EX meter so take advantage of that. Be wary of her DP as that will blow through your frame traps, and you need those because you want to smother her if you get in. Don't challenge anything after her Cr.MP as that is +3, so everything you do will get beat.

Thanks for these. Karin is my least favorite matchup with Nash. Laura being fairly close too.

I feel like Karin's AA's are pretty solid though. Her crouching fierce gets me a lot.

Shito

Hey, i'm playing a char im unfamiliar with.

Even then, the move I probably use the most is cr.mp, not jabs , so nope I wasn't.

Either way the fact that the guy sent me a salty message when I wasn't even playing my main vs him is funny I guess!
Yeah, was just being playful. ^^
The fact that he went the extra mile to spend a round only mashing jab is quite funny at least.

Thanks for these. Karin is my least favorite matchup with Nash. Laura being fairly close too.

I feel like Karin's AA's are pretty solid though. Her crouching fierce gets me a lot.

I really have fun fighting Karins. You either play solid or you get killed, so I learn a lot in those matches. Her St.MK is the truth tho lol.

Laura on the other hand is annoying as hell. FANG too, but he's mostly because I barely see any. Good Ryus are a wall, and they and Necallis are my worst matchups.

Had an amazing day.

-No losses
-Won 600 points and made it to Super Gold
-Beat my first platinum

I'll upload some vids soon. Good Nash gameplay.

Rqer detected! ;)

I havent played in 2 days and after 2 warmup losses im on a 5game streak. Gotta keep the momentum going. Seems like sometimes after learning new combos or w/e my brain needs some distance to let it sink in.

Im kinda suprised that we even get any compensation. I have no plans to buy Alex so the trial is awesome. Hope it will be like that for all characters but im doubting it.

But seriously, am I blind or is there barely any difference in Ryus normal and story mode costume exept the hair?

Also, have the premium zenny only costumes been showed/leaked yet? All my terrible googleskillz find is story and normal ones.

Mupod

He's from Toronto. I've met him a couple times. Was a guile player in 4

Reminds me that I've been looking into upcoming tournaments around here and there's apparently going to be one at EGLX at the international center in mississauga at the end of next month. That's literally a 2-3 minute drive from my workplace so I'm obviously interested but evidently they've had some issues. Namely they pushed the whole thing back from november of last year to April. But yeah, if I do end up going I'll probably just get destroyed but I'd like to see what kind of Toronto players come out to it.

hitsugi

Someone sent me nearly 50 battle lounge requests in about 3 minutes after I beat them in Ranked....

...is there any way to stop this kind of thing from happening?

Someone sent me nearly 50 battle lounge requests in about 3 minutes after I beat them in Ranked....

...is there any way to stop this kind of thing from happening?

I think you can set it so that only people on your favorites list can send you invites.

Edit: Nope. Overestimated Capcom. You can set it to 'Everyone' and 'No One'. See Settings and then Other Settings.

Sheroking

Man, stun really is this games big comeback mechanic.
giphy.gif

Man, stun really is this games big comeback mechanic.
That's beautiful. Loving Karin in this one. Can't wait to get her story costume.

Has Capcom commented on total costume numbers so far? Are we to expect some new stuff when the shop releases, or just the story outfits?

I'm still wondering if the Season Pass is worth it. If you get it, is there any value to the Fight Money?

Sheroking

They played well and made some good reads to get that stun. That's just a regular comeback.

I played well and made good reads to get that comeback.

That was like two hits and a crush sweep, though for a full health comeback. Stun is deadly in this game.

That's beautiful. Loving Karin in this one. Can't wait to get her story costume.

Has Capcom commented on total costume numbers so far? Are we to expect some new stuff when the shop releases, or just the story outfits?

I'm still wondering if the Season Pass is worth it. If you get it, is there any value to the Fight Money?

Save it up for next season.

Based on what was shown in the shop, it like like you may be able to use your FM to purchase colors, stages, (non premium) costumes, titles, and profile themes, even if you own the Season Pass.

Smo21

Reminds me that I've been looking into upcoming tournaments around here and there's apparently going to be one at EGLX at the international center in mississauga at the end of next month. That's literally a 2-3 minute drive from my workplace so I'm obviously interested but evidently they've had some issues. Namely they pushed the whole thing back from november of last year to April. But yeah, if I do end up going I'll probably just get destroyed but I'd like to see what kind of Toronto players come out to it.

If you have facebook you can join the Toronto Capcom Fighting game group. quote to see at bottom. The guy that runs it does Toryuken which is a CPT ranking event. They also run weeklies at A&C downtown Toronto on Wednesday nights.

I haven't been myself since I'm recovering from a torn achilles but my friend goes every week.

Ucchedavāda;199145508 said:
Based on what was shown in the shop, it like like you may be able to use your FM to purchase colors, stages, (non premium) costumes, titles, and profile themes, even if you own the Season Pass.
As in you get the characters (aka the big draw) but you'll still need to pay for the other stuff?

stn

You know what's painful? Japan got its wish with Mika and Karin in the roster, yet not many from there even bought the game. That pisses me off because I don't personally care for the "waifu" characters that Japan loves, and would have rather have had my own favorites make the cut. I feel like this game should have been released in the arcade scene over there.

As in you get the characters (aka the big draw) but you'll still need to pay for the other stuff?

Right. The Pass gets you 6 characters, 6 premium costumes (one per character, which can otherwise only be purchased using real money), and one stage (it is not known if this is "premium"). Everything else has to be purchased using either real money or FM. It is not yet known how much can only be purchased using real money and how much can be purchased using fight money.

You know what's painful? Japan got its wish with Mika and Karin in the roster, yet not many from there even bought the game. That pisses me off because I don't personally care for the "waifu" characters that Japan loves, and would have rather have had my own favorites make the cut. I feel like this game should have been released in the arcade scene over there.

Karin's popular outside of japan.

Quesa

I played well and made good reads to get that comeback.

That was like two hits and a crush sweep, though for a full health comeback. Stun is deadly in this game.

Ah, didn't want to presume it was you. Nice job!

And yeah, stun's deadly in this game. But that cammy also woke up with DP, so it's hard to sympathize ;)

lol wut

Karin is like... just a cunt lmao. And she's wearing completely unsexualised clothing.

I don't really think Mika is "waifu" material either.

LegendX48

Feels like not so good gief players are a rarity. Messing around with Nash and massacred one gief but got completely shut down by 2 after

Whales

Banned
According to the salty guy who sent me a message, Bison is a noob friendly char.

Disclaimer: said guy was playing Ryu... lol

I take it that you, personally, purchased more than 50.000 copies of the game, since you apparently believe that your preferences ought to have more weight than those of the entirety of Japan. Is that so?

All I hope with SFV is that I can buy the 1-2 DLC costumes I want out of a pack without it being split across 3 separate purchases so I end up paying more to just get every costume just because.

I know that was Capcom's end goal, but I hope the FM lets me buy individual costumes.

Ucchedavāda;199145902 said:
Right. The Pass gets you 6 characters, 6 premium costumes (one per character, which can otherwise only be purchased using real money), and one stage (it is not known if this is "premium"). Everything else has to be purchased using either real money or FM. It is not yet known how much can only be purchased using real money and how much can be purchased using fight money.
That makes the pass sound far more appealing, as odd as it sounds. :p

Baleoce

A good day on SFV for me (relatively speaking). I'm still shite, but today I felt a little less shite. Played 16, won 12 (all casual match). And what made me even happier is that none of them had any lag.

Sheroking

If you haven't already gotten the season pass, I would wait and see with the daily challenges. If they offer a significant amount of FM, the season pass may be pointless.

If they cared more about single player stuff than the USA then they'd know to avoid SFV like the plague. Really, Mika, Nash (urgh) and Karin were probably some of the best returning choices they made. They're very popular online and they are fun to watch at tournaments. Even Birdie is pretty cool despite the obese redesign. Capcom screwed the pooch with the early release. I'll blame them before I blame the character choices.

Played some more ranked and managed to join the gold club!
CeWUU0DUEAAY8O1.jpg:large

Only problem now is I did it in a little over 100 games but there's a trophy for 300 ranked wins and I now have like, zero motivation to go back on ranked lol. I'm more of a casual/battle lounge player.

Ferrio

Banned
If they cared more about single player stuff than the USA then they'd know to avoid SFV like the plague. Really, Mika, Nash (urgh) and Karin were probably some of the best returning choices they made. They're very popular online and they are fun to watch at tournaments. Even Birdie is pretty cool despite the obese redesign. Capcom screwed the pooch with the early release. I'll blame them before I blame the character choices.

Birdie's obese re-design is the best thing about him. He actually has some character, and it isn't like Birdie is a stranger to radical design changes.

According to the salty guy who sent me a message, Bison is a noob friendly char.

Disclaimer: said guy was playing Ryu... lol

Ain't no salt like on-line salt.

Ucchedavāda;199146426 said:
I take it that you, personally, purchased more than 50.000 copies of the game, since you apparently believe that your preferences ought to have more weight than those of the entirety of Japan. Is that so?

Silly + Silly =/= no Silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom