• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

You keep catching up to me. Everytime I think I got somewhere, you get to the same league lol. We should play sometime.

I'm calling it a night, but I'm always here in the thread so let me know and we'll play a set.

Cammy vs Karin. What do I do to stop combos?

I'm not sure what you mean?

Played some more ranked and managed to join the gold club!

Only problem now is I did it in a little over 100 games but there's a trophy for 300 ranked wins and I now have like, zero motivation to go back on ranked lol. I'm more of a casual/battle lounge player.

Congrats.

I'm sure if you play this game over a long period of time, you'll get the trophy eventually. Ranked has rematch coming next week.

Played some more ranked and managed to join the gold club!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeWUU0DUEAAY8O1.jpg:large[IMG]

Only problem now is I did it in a little over 100 games but there's a trophy for 300 ranked wins and I now have like, zero motivation to go back on ranked lol. I'm more of a casual/battle lounge player.[/QUOTE]

Has anything been said about the stats that our profiles are supposed to accumulate? It's not working at the moment, right?

Silly + Silly =/= no Silly

True.

It would probably have been more worthwhile to point out that Karin was among the 10 most popular characters (7th, worldwide) in the pool that Capcom ran a couple of years ago, with Mika being in the top 20 (12th, worldwide), on top of her being Ono's favorite character. In fact, if you look at what characters were included in V, it aligns pretty well with the results from that pool:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-fighter-favorite-characters-popularity-poll/

Baleoce

Does anyone else feel they got the player rank and character rank metrics off on the wrong foot by putting so much points from things like story / survival on it? I feel those numbers don't really tell me how much someone's been playing. Not that they'd necessarily mean anything anyway, but still. I remember on day one of release, doing all the story missions for every character, and messing about with some survival, and realising I had some absurd player level. It was like "..what?" I genuinely thought it was a mistake and the servers were glitched.

Congrats.

I'm sure if you play this game over a long period of time, you'll get the trophy eventually. Ranked has rematch coming next week.

Thanks! And congrats to you on reaching Super Gold.
And yeah, that rematch option sounds like it'd help. I'm sure i'll get bored and get back on the ranked grind at some point.
Has anything been said about the stats that our profiles are supposed to accumulate? It's not working at the moment, right?

I don't believe Capcom have mentioned any kind of fix for the CFN stat tracking yet. But mine haven't changed at all since the game released.

FluxWaveZ

Does anyone else feel they got the player rank and character rank metrics off on the wrong foot by putting so much points from things like story / survival on it? I feel those numbers don't really tell me how much someone's been playing. Not that they'd necessarily mean anything anyway, but still.

Yeah, those numbers are pretty useless and don't really convey anything.

Does anyone else feel they got the player rank and character rank metrics off on the wrong foot by putting so much points from things like story / survival on it? I feel those numbers don't really tell me how much someone's been playing. Not that they'd necessarily mean anything anyway, but still. I remember on day one of release, doing all the story missions for every character, and messing about with some survival, and realising I had some absurb player level. It was like "..what?" I genuinely thought it was a mistake and the servers were glitched.

Yeah, those numbers are pretty useless and don't really convey anything.

Agreed. I wish that those numbers actually reflected how much you played the game / a given character, not just that you beat story mode and / or survival.

Paltheos

Nash is the new Ryu in Bronze-Super bronze now. Such a shitty character too

Nash has been a go-to for a while, I think. He's pretty popular in Silver too, and allot of the weaker players stick to a flowchart. It was tough to fight at first but I think I've got it figured out now. It's pretty easy too to distinguish the scrubs from anyone who's really worked at the character. Once I identify a scrub, I'm brazen in my attacks: These guys don't know how to fend me off, let alone block.

If you haven't already gotten the season pass, I would wait and see with the daily challenges. If they offer a significant amount of FM, the season pass may be pointless.

I doubt you'll be able to buy everything with FM without spending exuberant amounts of time grinding it out.

Nash has been a go-to for a while, I think. He's pretty popular in Silver too, and allot of the weaker players stick to a flowchart. It was tough to fight at first but I think I've got it figured out now. It's pretty easy too to distinguish the scrubs from anyone who's really worked at the character. Once I identify a scrub, I'm brazen in my attacks: These guys don't know how to fend me off, let alone block.

Nash is interesting. A good beginner character when you're starting out but he also evolves with you. He's a killer character when you master him and his frame traps. I can play with anyone to show you what I'm talking about

Swarna

I'm sorry but Mika is brain dead.

Just beat some Mika face rolling me first 2 rounds with oki then couldn't do shit right after I got his beat. He was gold with more than 6k. lol

FluxWaveZ

I believe I unlocked the final R. Mika title "Fighting Spirit." Not sure how, but I'm guessing it was a bunch of Ranked matches. It doesn't look particularly flashy; I wish these things stood out more.

Nash is interesting. A good beginner character when you're starting out but he also evolves with you. He's a killer character when you master him and his frame traps. I can play with anyone to show you what I'm talking about

I'd like to get in some games with you eventually, please. I'm clueless on the Nash matchup as Sim.

Thanks for the matches, any Rashid knowledge is good to have ^^

Great matches man, holy shit. I don't play against very many Vegas so that was a great learning experience. I would've stayed to play more but I gotta head out soon, you up for more games tonight? I added you to my favorites list. It took us an hour to finish a FT10 set lol.

Trickster

So apparently Nash can punish you blocking a projectile at near fullscreen... with super

edit - I guess that it will only be if you hit a button or try to jump afterwards. Still find it crazy that trying to jump it will get you caught.

explodet

So I finally get some time to play thanks to a 4 day weekend and what happens?
My stick starts to malfunction!

fail2.gif

I guess I need to lurk the arcade stick thread to figure out what my options are now.
Nrrgh.

This is probably an old question that's probably been answered but I want to make absolutely sure it's the case - if you buy the season pass right this minute you get nothing but a theme, right? None of the new characters are out til Alex week and the season pass only gives you new costumes for dlc characters only, not existing characters?
So is there any benefit to buying the season pass right now?

ElTopo

Banned
I'm sorry but Mika is brain dead.

Just beat some Mika face rolling me first 2 rounds with oki then couldn't do shit right after I got his beat. He was gold with more than 6k. lol

I'm sorry but dudes who say that Mika is braindead are probably idiots who main Ryu/Ken or Karin.

Mika can't get in. She can't punish a basic sweep or fireball without meter. She's often forced to jump in. She has no reversal and she can't do anything on wakeup. If she uses an Alpha Counter she fucks herself over by not being able to use Nadeshiko. If you can't deal with that then git gud.

I think the most exciting thing about the March Update is gonna be the NeoGAF battle lounges. Considering the intense talent i've seen from some of you guys, its gonna be a blood bath. I cringe at how bad i'm gonna get rekt in a lounge with Omni, Flux, & Sabot in it.

I think the most exciting thing about the March Update is gonna be the NeoGAF battle lounges. Considering the intense talent i've seen from some of you guys, its gonna be a blood bath. I cringe at how bad i'm gonna get rekt in a lounge with Omni, Flux, & Sabot in it.
You can get good by practicing, learning techs and polishing your reactions and stuff.

But getting consistently bodied by experienced players and having that desire to come back and beat them? That's how you get REALLY good.

Swarna

I'm sorry but dudes who say that Mika is braindead are probably idiots who main Ryu/Ken or Karin.

Mika can't get in. She can't punish a basic sweep or fireball without meter. She's often forced to jump in. She has no reversal and she can't do anything on wakeup. If she uses an Alpha Counter she fucks herself over by not being able to use Nadeshiko. If you can't deal with that then git gud.

She has better a better wake-up/reversal than half the cast with EX shooting peach considering these other characters actually have nothing. Beats throws and slower meaties. Anyways, I wasn't saying she was too strong/top tier, only implying she's playing a completely different game. These Mikas definitely aren't getting to high LP by virtue of playing SF5 like the same way the rest of the cast does. This 6k+ player wasn't the first I came across who had no game outside of oki.

She has better a better wake-up/reversal than half the cast with EX shooting peach considering these other characters actually have nothing. Beats throws and slower meaties. Anyways, I wasn't saying she was too strong/top tier, only implying she's playing a completely different game. These Mikas definitely aren't getting to high LP by virtue of playing SF5 like the same way the rest of the cast does. This 6k+ player wasn't the first I came across who had no game outside of oki.

Her EX moves doesn't have armor on the 1st frame, so it'll lose to timed meaties.

Swarna

Yeah but it's still better than nothing which is what he's claiming. There are very few true meaty set-ups in this game in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom