• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

I think the future is very bright for the game. I don't regret buying the Collector's Edition, Season Pass and getting Battle Costume Cammy. :)

I'm sitting here and I'm thinking... I can't wait to get back to playing! :D

I think the future is very bright for the game. I don't regret buying the Collector's Edition, Season Pass and getting Battle Costume Cammy. :)

That's exactly why we've still stuck with this game despite it's issues. The actual gameplay is so goddamn good that a lot of us are willing to put up with the shit.

Durden77

The game is going to be absolutely glorious in time. The core is just so fucking stellar. I cannot wait for it's future.

Wasn't it like a day ago that you were so mad at Combofiend and Capcom?!

Nah but I feel you. Honestly, I think this game will be fine in the long run. But I think the majority of the profits are coming from DLC rather than game sales. Which is fine, I think.

Edit: And I think people in general should go easy on all fighting games if the core is fine and they plan to fix shit. Seeing people shit on KOF for the graphics alone when they are putting in work on the gameplay side of things was so disheartening.

Lost to round 73 Zangief. It's like whenever my health gets low, the game gives me the low health boost 2 matches back to back.
low,low,medium if i managed to get to medium. had this setup all the time. 3 Low was the biggest fu card so far, but its rare. gl with that on hell.

Baleoce

There is just something so satisfying about the animations and the gameplay in this game that it keeps me coming back. The criticisms I have for this game are only because I want it to be the best it can possibly be. I agree with you though, I think in the long term it will definitely turn around and become what we expect of it, bells and whistles and all.

I'm not trying to be a cunt but...
My winstreak is approaching RQ levels lol. 17 games.
Nash is interesting. A good beginner character when you're starting out but he also evolves with you. He's a killer character when you master him and his frame traps. I can play with anyone to show you what I'm talking about
Had an amazing day.

-No losses
-Won 600 points and made it to Super Gold
-Beat my first platinum

I'll upload some vids soon. Good Nash gameplay.

I just got matched with "Realmastibater" and if this is the same guy who was at FR, I have no idea how he did good, as I ripped him a new one.

I was thinking of starting a new account to see how fast I can get to Gold lmao. Am I a bad person?

Bruh all those youngsters good at street fighter lately. Dem young people reactions.

I'm 16 lmao
Maybe chill with the "humble" brags breh :p

First off, you need to have a good sense of your character's normals. Go into training mode and use each normal to figure out which normal is good in which situations.

For the sake of this post, I'll use Laura as a reference.

Laura is great because of her "vortex" capability, which is essentially just creating situations where an opponent has to guess what she's gonna do next. If the opponent guesses correctly, you'll be left vulnerable but if not you can get intense damage in.

I won't lie, Laura isn't a particularly beginner friendly character but you can still get good work in with her.

For now, just get a good sense of her normals and try to take a deep breath at the start and end of every round. Does wonders for the nerves.

Also, try not to do much when you're getting up after being knocked down. The opponent will often use meaty attacks, meaning use an attack that becomes active as soon as you wakeup so you'll have to block or you'll take a hit if you try to do something.
I'll practice more on the normals.

It feels like if the opponent hits me even once I lose 50% of life. I dunno how you guys get reaction speeds that fast on that split second on whether your hit confirm gets blocked or connects.

Also, I can't wakeup/defend after a knockdown to save my life.

Sheroking

That's okay, Shadow_Lord. I feel you.

tumblr_n2y80e8yBL1rqvclxo1_500.gif

I'll practice more on the normals.

It feels like if the opponent hits me even once I lose 50% of life. I dunno how you guys get reaction speeds that fast on that split second on whether your hit confirm gets blocked or connects.

Also, I can't wakeup/defend after a knockdown to save my life.
That hit confirm stuff just takes practice and conditioning, both take time.

As for the wakeup situation, I think that might be the area that you need to focus on for now. Learning to block is extremely crucial in this game. One of the best ways to practice just regular blocking is to go to traning mode, record 5 separate combos for the opponent. 1 of them should have an overhead, and 1 should definitely have a throw.
Set all of them to on and then set the order to random.

The best way to learn is if you have somebody that can teach you, but this is a decent way to learn without any human input.

EDIT: Believe me, not doing anything on wakeup is really scary at the level you'll be playing at since everyone tries to keep the pressure up and go for a meaty and usually wakeup themselves with a DP if they have one.

Jesus Christ, I'm in a first to 10 against Rebelo, and he is legit giving me the worst beatdown of my life. 7-0 right now, with like 5 perfects for him.

That hit confirm stuff just takes practice and conditioning, both take time.

As for the wakeup situation, I think that might be the area that you need to focus on for now. Learning to block is extremely crucial in this game. One of the best ways to practice just regular blocking is to go to traning mode, record 5 separate combos for the opponent. 1 of them should have an overhead, and 1 should definitely have a throw.
Set all of them to on and then set the order to random.

The best way to learn is if you have somebody that can teach you, but this is a decent way to learn without any human input.

EDIT: Believe me, not doing anything on wakeup is really scary at the level you'll be playing at since everyone tries to keep the pressure up and go for a meaty and usually wakeup themselves with a DP if they have one.
Constant blocking scares me because of the throw threat, but I feel it's definitely a deficiency in my game.

Popped a cold one and watching Floechart's Karin tutorial to try to break bad habits.

"Yeah that's punishable but he isn't punishing me." XD the hell

edit: I very much appreciate your helping me.

edit: I very much appreciate your helping me.
That's why it's called the Fighting Game Community :)

I realize how daunting learning a competitive game can be but when the things start to snap together and you start to see the effects of your improvements, that shit can validate life choices it feels so good.

That's why it's called the Fighting Game Community :)

I realize how daunting learning a competitive game can be but when the things start to snap together and you start to see the effects of your improvements, that shit can validate life choices it feels so good.
The silver lining is that tonight's losses were close in that I did get them low in life.

Still mega frustrating though.

Owensboro

So I just did all the math on my character levels to figure out why my Fight Money was lower than it should be, and I found out the server gave me FM but no experience for clearing Easy Survival with Birdie, Nash, Dhalsim, Rashid, Laura, and Necali.

Just tried to beat Easy Survival with Birdie again....no experience. Awesome, I guess that easy XP and FM is gone.

Yo Capcom, you owe me 12,000 Fight Money. WHERE'S MY MONEY?

Mr. X

I'm happy to have a local scene within like 20 minutes driving.

Ranked is for practicing my training mode shit on live people.

FluxWaveZ

Matches anyone? ID
morisv

I can play you. Invite coming in a sec.

Hmm, obviously it must be easy when we know the drop kick is coming.

Maybe it is a little harder on reaction ?

It'll be harder in a live match, sure, but it's still one of Mika's most telegraphed moves, so you can anticipate it. The easiest punish is neutral jump into stuff, which people are generally good at doing, especially if a Mika is too obvious with their drop kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom