• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinaar

Fuck this lag. Can't even have a chance to win when total gaps in game play is happening. If they can't fix this, literally never going to pick up a Capcom game on release again. There is no reason for shitty netcode from this team.

ElTopo

Banned
She has better a better wake-up/reversal than half the cast with EX shooting peach considering these other characters actually have nothing. Beats throws and slower meaties. Anyways, I wasn't saying she was too strong/top tier, only implying she's playing a completely different game. These Mikas definitely aren't getting to high LP by virtue of playing SF5 like the same way the rest of the cast does. This 6k+ player wasn't the first I came across who had no game outside of oki.

Yeah... You don't know what you're talking about. EX Peach does not have wake up invincibility. Same applies to Laura's EX Bolt. If you can't time meaties to beat it on wakeup then that's your problem.

LOL @ these mental gymnastics, if a Mika beats you then they're not playing the same game as you? Maybe git gud dude? Maybe stop whining on the internet about a character who has bad options to get through fireballs, can't punish a lot of things nearly as well as other characters, has no wakeup/reversal options, has 950 health, hurts herself by using Alpha Counter by not getting access to Nadeshiko, oh yeah and her V-Skill is absolutely terrible.

If Mika didn't have Nadeshiko resets the character would easily be bottom tier. Stop whining. If someone beat you then they beat you. They're not playing some weird alternate reality Street Fighter. They just beat you.

Yeah but it's still better than nothing which is what he's claiming. There are very few true meaty set-ups in this game in the first place.

Yeah, you need to stop. You really should go back into training mode and git gud with meaties on the opponent's wakeup. Because you clearly are horrible at that.

If you couldn't block a wakeup SRK I'm sure you'd complain about Ryu/Ken and say they're braindead.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Lost to round 73 Zangief. It's like whenever my health gets low, the game gives me the low health boost 2 matches back to back.

Mediking

I'm sorry but Mika is brain dead.

Just beat some Mika face rolling me first 2 rounds with oki then couldn't do shit right after I got his beat. He was gold with more than 6k. lol

Did you really just call that voluptuous and beautiful woman... brain dead?

SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Durden77

I might try and beat Survival help again tonight. I want that trophy...fuck.

Anyone found a better way other than just doing Ken's DP for 2 hours? I really would prefer not to do that.

God this is stupid.

I really have fun fighting Karins. You either play solid or you get killed, so I learn a lot in those matches. Her St.MK is the truth tho lol.

Laura on the other hand is annoying as hell. FANG too, but he's mostly because I barely see any. Good Ryus are a wall, and they and Necallis are my worst matchups.

Standing mk by Karin is the law approved truth. My matches go the same with her. I either play good enough to beat her or get wrecked without doing anything.

And yeah, it kind of crazy how much of a wall a good Ryu is. Necalli is also close to Karin and Laura for my worse match ups and I still don't know exactly why.

Swarna

I'm sorry but dudes who say that Mika is braindead are probably idiots who main Ryu/Ken or Karin.

Mika can't get in. She can't punish a basic sweep or fireball without meter. She's often forced to jump in. She has no reversal and she can't do anything on wakeup. If she uses an Alpha Counter she fucks herself over by not being able to use Nadeshiko. If you can't deal with that then git gud.

In Final Round we've seen lots of EX peaches used as reversals. To say she has no wake-up is disingenuous. 3 frame jab + that move is already better defense than half the cast. I already said it beats slower meaties not true meaties so no correction required there. There are lots of situations in this game where that becomes useful as true meaty situations are rare. If Nash forward throws you and dashes forward he is slightly negative for example. Anytime you quick-get up from a regular sweep you can likely deter offense with shooting peach since they won't get a true meaty.

Anyways, that wasn't even the point. Keep telling me to git gud when I clearly said I just beat some 6k Mika and was disgusted at how he could get so many points despite being so bad. I'm not alone in thinking Mika is stupid and goes against the core ideas of this game. Floe and K-Brad only confirmed my beliefs. People keep saying SF5 is supposed to be "honest" but Mika just laughs at the face of that. That's all I will say on the matter. Have a good one.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe we live in a world where Dhalsim is in SF5 but MIKA is the one who's "playing a different game from the rest of the cast".

What a time to be alive, folks

ElTopo

Banned
In Final Round we've seen lots of EX peaches used as reversals. To say she has no wake-up is disingenuous. 3 frame jab + that move is already better defense than half the cast. I already said it beats slower meaties not true meaties so no correction required there. There are lots of situations in this game where that becomes useful as true meaty situations are rare. If Nash forward throws you and dashes forward he is slightly negative for example. Anytime you quick-get up from a regular sweep you can likely deter offense with shooting peach since they won't get a true meaty.

Anyways, that wasn't even the point. Keep telling me to git gud when I clearly said I just beat some 6k Mika and was disgusted at how he could get so many points despite being so bad. I'm not alone in thinking Mika is stupid and goes against the core ideas of this game. Floe and K-Brad only confirmed my beliefs. People keep saying SF5 is supposed to be "honest" but Mika just laughs at the face of that. That's all I will say on the matter. Have a good one.

Hey idiot, it's not a reversal. Just because you've seen a couple of dudes fail to use proper meaties doesn't mean it's a good reversal. It means that a couple of dudes didn't know how to stuff it properly.

It means people like you need to go back into training mode and actually learn how to stuff the EX Peach. I'm not wasting anymore time with you. You're probably one of those guys who sent a teary message to Capcom begging on your knees for Mika nerfs and you want buffs for your main character. Just stop dude.

You're out of your element.

I might try and beat Survival help again tonight. I want that trophy...fuck.

Anyone found a better way other than just doing Ken's DP for 2 hours? I really would prefer not to do that.

God this is stupid.

Standing mk by Karin is the law approved truth. My matches go the same with her. I either play good enough to beat her or get wrecked without doing anything.

And yeah, it kind of crazy how much of a wall a good Ryu is. Necalli is also close to Karin and Laura for my worse match ups and I still don't know exactly why.

It's the 3 frame jab *shudder*

Mika is only a good character if you let her play her game. If you're playing her game (i.e stuck in the corner) then yes, you're fucked. Which is why it's imperative you not let that happen.

Nec can kill fireballs with his stomp, but you have to time it right and it's not even fucking worth it.

Goddamn i suck with this character.

Mika is only a good character if you let her play her game. If you're playing her game (i.e stuck in the corner) then yes, you're fucked. Which is why it's imperative you not let that happen.

The dangers of corner play in this game are ridiculous with a lot of characters, but Mika's whole gameplan revolves around that shit. It's crazy how good she is when she puts you there.

Nec can kill fireballs with his stomp, but you have to time it right and it's not even fucking worth it.

Goddamn i suck with this character.
I had a very back and forth conversation with vulva about this lol, but even a trade where you get hit by a fireball and hit them with your v-skill can work out in your favour since you get V-meter from hitting them successfully and your V-Trigger is your goal for every round. Get that shit as fast as possible.

Swarna

Speaking of moves that aren't viable wake-up, jabs, and Necalli, everyone Haitani was fighting were clearly dumb players needing more time in training mode since he did jab + VT every damn time. l m a o

Fuck survivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal -_-
Why do I keep trying
Because it's like crack. It's shit for you, you know you're not gonna get anything out of it but GODDAMN YOU WANT TO TRY IT JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!
Speaking of moves that aren't viable wake-up, jabs, and Necalli, everyone Haitani was fighting were clearly dumb players needing more time in training mode since he did jab + VT every damn time. l m a o
You have to respect Necalli's wakeup. He does have a DP afterall.

And I think being able to confirm into V-trigger and followup from a 3-frame jab says a lot about the character's strengths.
EDIT: I will grant you that Haitani kept pulling shit that went unpunished, something that wouldn't have happened if his opponents had more serious Necalli matchup experience.

kobu

Hey idiot, it's not a reversal. Just because you've seen a couple of dudes fail to use proper meaties doesn't mean it's a good reversal. It means that a couple of dudes didn't know how to stuff it properly.

It means people like you need to go back into training mode and actually learn how to stuff the EX Peach. I'm not wasting anymore time with you. You're probably one of those guys who sent a teary message to Capcom begging on your knees for Mika nerfs and you want buffs for your main character. Just stop dude.

Did you really have to call the dude an idiot when you were in here crying about laura not too long ago?

I had a very back and forth conversation with vulva about this lol, but even a trade where you get hit by a fireball and hit them with your v-skill can work out in your favour since you get V-meter from hitting them successfully and your V-Trigger is your goal for every round. Get that shit as fast as possible.

Oh I meant his footstomp. Sorry!

And I agree with you on that one. You absolutely should take a hit or two if you have to. That v-skill is so fucking important and his trigger is so integral to his gameplay style that it should be incorporated at any point.

Even more "passive" Nec's can still get a ton of v meter.

Anyone know if Capcom addressed whether the tablet driver crash bug is going to be fixed? It's been a hassle in a half, making the game crash every 20 minutes if I forget to turn off specific drivers.

You really need to chill.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that sometimes you press buttons when you shouldn't cause you get pressured and start to panic (which is perfectly normal if you're just starting).
I swear to god I get Crush Countered off of every single jab I throw. Hyperbole, I know.

Is it just reads? I feel like every fucker I play has ESP regardless of how I change my attack

I thought as much lol.
Which character do you play and how do you generally play them?
Karin. Focusing on her but I'm about to switch back to Laura because she's apparently the only character I can win with.

I know my combos and I admit I drop a good share; but it feels like they can block even after that first link

EDIT done with the game for tonight. SO FUCKING CLOSE on three games straight, can't take it anymore. no matter how much I study and practice it's not making a difference this is so frustrating -_-

So what happens when someone online has a stage that you don't?
You play on it

Most games (including SFV) handle the other person having content as a look-but-don't-touch situation. i.e. if they have a premium costume you don't, you see it, but you can't pick it. I assume it'll be the same with stages.

Capcpom already have this implemented in SFV - you can see the pre-order costumes even if you don't own them :)

Karin. Focusing on her but I'm about to switch back to Laura because she's apparently the only character I can win with.

I know my combos and I admit I drop a good share; but it feels like they can block even after that first link
First off, you need to have a good sense of your character's normals. Go into training mode and use each normal to figure out which normal is good in which situations.

For the sake of this post, I'll use Laura as a reference.

Laura is great because of her "vortex" capability, which is essentially just creating situations where an opponent has to guess what she's gonna do next. If the opponent guesses correctly, you'll be left vulnerable but if not you can get intense damage in.

I won't lie, Laura isn't a particularly beginner friendly character but you can still get good work in with her.

For now, just get a good sense of her normals and try to take a deep breath at the start and end of every round. Does wonders for the nerves.

Also, try not to do much when you're getting up after being knocked down. The opponent will often use meaty attacks, meaning use an attack that becomes active as soon as you wakeup so you'll have to block or you'll take a hit if you try to do something.

Dartastic

Anyone with a good amount of player points want to run some games with me? I need some guidance on what I'm doing wrong. My ID is Dartastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom