• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
I can play you. Invite coming in a sec.

It'll be harder in a live match, sure, but it's still one of Mika's most telegraphed moves, so you can anticipate it. The easiest punish is neutral jump into stuff, which people are generally good at doing, especially if a Mika is too obvious with their drop kicks.

I got invited by NKZLVL, Flux, I can play you later if you want

Baleoce

Whenever I go to world rankings and filter it by character. It only shows the top few players. (Oops nevermind, I get it now. It's because it buffers the list as if all the characters were present and it was showing as many as it can at a time, so you just keep pressing down and it loads however many of your filtered character are in that part of the buffer.)

ElTopo

Banned
I fucking can't fucking stand these fucking pussies who get one win in Ranked or Casual and they absolutely refuse an invite for a FT3. I am not sending a message or anything else, just an invite. And the pussies refuse. If I beat someone and they send an invite and the connection was good. I would accept it.

Skilletor

I fucking can't fucking stand these fucking pussies who get one win in Ranked or Casual and they absolutely refuse an invite for a FT3. I am not sending a message or anything else, just an invite. And the pussies refuse. If I beat someone and they send an invite and the connection was good. I would accept it.

Man... It's not that serious. Lol.

rec0ded1

Man, my reflexes are not good enough to determine a hit confirm success or fail so i end up comboing on a block and get punished badly.

I'd find it off putting. If I'm playing rank, I probably going for lp. Why would I want to prove myself for free to some dude who just seems salty over a loss? But that said, the update should help this at least.

Damn dude it's just Street Fighter.

So, i'm having a hard time setting up a DP to be the comp's wake up action in the training room. Anyone have any tips for doing something like this?

Baleoce

Man, my reflexes are not good enough to determine a hit confirm success or fail so i end up comboing on a block and get punished badly.

Any way you can extend the hit confirms you're trying? It's all about positioning I guess, but say you're having trouble with 2 hit confirms in general, see if your character has any 3 hits that you can try and get used to.

rec0ded1

Go to the training room and set the ai to random block, practicing confirming on it until you're doing it perfectly.

Try a safer combo thats harder to punish.

Any way you can extend the hit confirms you're trying? It's all about positioning I guess, but say you're having trouble with 2 hit confirms in general, see if your character has any 3 hits that you can try and get used to.

Thanks for the tips. I need to work on timing and being patient, although when I'm too patient I get a number of hit confirms and end up not inputting quickly enough to pull off the ender :\

Welcome to the real world :(

so much sodium in this world.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone listen to separate music when they're fighting? I think I might play better when I do; something it helps me with on the mental side of things.

Anyone listen to separate music when they're fighting? I think I might play better when I do; something it helps me with on the mental side of things.
I wish we could hear the superior original compositions for the stages instead of the lackluster character themes. Why only stages got the 3rd Strike-style round changeups I do not understand. :\

Hopefully they'll give us that option in a future update.....

Went To my first street fighter 5 local biweekly. Got third. :D I'm so happy. They were fraud wins imo. But wins nonetheless. Flash got 1st, he sent me to losers. I was able to get a round of him though. I can make a "god" bleed. I have the potential to win, is what I came out of there with.

So...they have to drop their playing to play you for free? Sounds salty when you put it like that.

Had a Fang and then a Birdie both rage quit on me. I find it kind of funny in a way that I can piss someone off so much that they quit the game.

Baleoce

I listen to my own music often. Helps keep me interested. I love the soundtrack of this game and fighting games in general. But it's the same for any game I play repeatedly, be it this or an MMO. I'll use the OST for a good while initially, then I'll have to eventually mix it up. There's dynamic pacing in a lot of FG music as well, depending on either the round itself, or a specific point in a round designed to increase intensity incrementally. Some people love that, others might prefer not hearing it and playing music they like instead.

Sheroking

I wouldn't accept it.

I'm playing ranked. I want points. Hold that shit until we meet again.

Haven't played in a few days and my Mika is way diminished. But I feel like I've forgotten a bad habit or two along the way, I'm hoping this helps me not scrub up all the goddamn time.

Remember, Snackbar. Not every hit needs a Passion Press. Not every hit needs a Passion Press.

N-Not every...hit...

I JUST WANNA TOSS PEOPLE.

You gotta hold that L, playa.

It's just a game dude.

Durden77

If you remember their fighter ID, then you can search for their fighter ID, view their profile and the Online ID should be their PSN/Steam ID.

Shoulda thought of that. Oh well I don't remember their names now.

Fuckin PUSSIES.

ohkay

Haven't played in a few days and my Mika is way diminished. But I feel like I've forgotten a bad habit or two along the way, I'm hoping this helps me not scrub up all the goddamn time.

Remember, Snackbar. Not every hit needs a Passion Press. Not every hit needs a Passion Press.

N-Not every...hit...

I JUST WANNA TOSS PEOPLE.
I do this too and I need to work on my hit confirms. My brain tells me they blocked but my hands scream spiral arrow and I get punished and die

dookeh

Just played a Ken player named Celestial in ranked. 5918LP Rank 1023
First round came down to the magic pixels and he won. Second round I got him into the corner and bodied him pretty hard. I guess he was scared to lose to a lowly 3300LP Rashid because he didn't stick around for the third round. If you're reading this quitter: YOU'RE A LOSER.

FluxWaveZ

Just played a Ken player named Celestial in ranked. 5918LP Rank 1023
First round came down to the magic pixels and he won. Second round I got him into the corner and bodied him pretty hard. I guess he was scared to lose to a lowly 3300LP Rashid because he didn't stick around for the third round. If you're reading this quitter: YOU'RE A LOSER.

I met him on Ranked and, looking at his 34-win streak, I quickly Googled his name and saw he was a known RQer. I wasn't going to stick around for that shit so I quit at the start of the match. I'm not tolerating these types of players any longer.

DD-11

Is there a character less fun than Laura to fight against? It's all 50-50 guessing BS. I won by making punishes count, but fuck me I couldn't help but think I wasn't even playing SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom