• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played a Ken player named Celestial in ranked. 5918LP Rank 1023
First round came down to the magic pixels and he won. Second round I got him into the corner and bodied him pretty hard. I guess he was scared to lose to a lowly 3300LP Rashid because he didn't stick around for the third round. If you're reading this quitter: YOU'RE A LOSER.
I beat that dude earlier and he also RQed on me. I pretty much expected it since he had a 21 win streak. He waited till like, the last possible second to quit. So I thought he would just take the L, but nope. It was pretty funny.

dookeh

I met him on Ranked and, looking at his 34-win streak, I quickly Googled his name and saw he was a known RQer. I wasn't going to stick around for that shit so I quit at the start of the match. I'm not tolerating these types of players any longer.
He was at like 5-6 wins when we played. I thought serial quitters like him weren't around any more. At least I beat him so badly in that single round that he didn't even want to try another.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a character less fun than Laura to fight against? It's all 50-50 guessing BS. I won by making punishes count, but fuck me I couldn't help but think I wasn't even playing SF.

Sounds like you should learn how to avoid situations that force you to guess.
This isn't anything new, and I like to think there are far worse out there than Laura.

FluxWaveZ

This isn't anything new, and I like to think there are far worse out there than Laura.

Eh, it doesn't really work like that when you're facing a competent Mika or Laura. Like it or not, you'll face 50/50 situations, and at that point it's about mind games. They're not really avoidable, because Mika and Laura's entire game plan revolves around leaving the opponent guessing and taking risks that might either mess themselves up, or mess the opponent up.

ElTopo

Banned
Is there a character less fun than Laura to fight against? It's all 50-50 guessing BS. I won by making punishes count, but fuck me I couldn't help but think I wasn't even playing SF.

That's Laura in a nutshell. It sucks. She lands LP or MP Bolt, that's a free reset/frame trap situation for her. She lands MP, can easily combo into EX Fireball, do MK to reset, then dash under or do whatever. Plus she can YOLO with her V-Skill overhead and it Crush Counters because why not.Then there's this crap too.

"Completely and totally fair." To quote Laura players.

It's not really a matchup situation unless your character has an SRK, that's the only way to stop Laura players from going on auto-pilot like that, they have to fear a Reversal.

But I am hoping Laura and Karin get smashed by the nerf bat.

DD-11

Sure, just avoid getting knocked down. Great advice. Getting beat by Sim is frustrating, but there's craft to his character. Getting walled and pushed into a corner by a Gief or Ryu is also frustrating, but I respect the gameplay.

Laura is garbage, and while I won the set I played tonight it was about as rewarding as calling a coin flip.

ElTopo

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;199180312 said:

image.php

Keep laughing, schmuck.

Shito

That's Laura in a nutshell. It sucks. She lands LP or MP Bolt, that's a free reset/frame trap situation for her. She lands MP, can easily combo into EX Fireball, do MK to reset, then dash under or do whatever. Then there's this crap too.

It's not really a matchup situation unless your character has an SRK, that's the only way to stop Laura players from going on auto-pilot like that, they have to fear a Reversal.

At this point, I should start doing a list of all the characters you want nerfed. ^^

Sure, just avoid getting knocked down. Great advice. Getting beat by Sim is frustrating, but there's craft to his character. Getting walled and pushed into a corner by a Gief or Ryu is also frustrating, but I respect the gameplay.

Laura is garbage, and while I won the set I played tonight it was about as rewarding as calling a coin flip.
It's not about not getting knocked down, but not letting her in.
And her footsies are really not the best.

Your salt only makes BonitaNation stronger.

ElTopo

Banned
At this point, I should start doing a list of all the characters you want nerfed. ^^

I've only mentioned Laura and Karin. I've given my reasons for that. But no, no one is allowed to dislike a character according to people like you.

It's not exactly easy to keep Laura out. Laura's footsies are fine, she has plenty of ways of getting in like V-Skill overhead, LP Bolt, and her Fireball.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Exactly. She has a tough time getting in against most characters.
Can you blame people for making it count once they do?

Your salt only makes BonitaNation stronger.

Haha, DD said he/she won, so I doubt they're salty.

That's Laura in a nutshell. It sucks. She lands LP or MP Bolt, that's a free reset/frame trap situation for her. She lands MP, can easily combo into EX Fireball, do MK to reset, then dash under or do whatever. Plus she can YOLO with her V-Skill overhead and it Crush Counters because why not.Then there's this crap too.

Maybe I should just leave well enough alone, but to humour you...

In your first paragraph, you're just describing her basic game plan. Nothing 50/50 about it; it's just how she does. Even so, she can't YOLO with v-skill, because it'll get her crush countered if done willy-nilly. It's terribly unsafe on block. The dash is also only good in certain situations. Smart players won't get caught out so easily by her v-skill shenanigans, and converting from a crush counter still takes some foresight and skill (like with any character).

The video you linked is pretty hilarious. If anyone actually has the audacity to pull that shit in a match situation, then I tip my hat to them. If you're just mashing buttons hoping to break such a crazy "block string" then you deserve to get countered.

There's probably not a lot I can say to convince you, but generally autopilot Laura players get exposed pretty quickly by people who have an inkling of what they're doing. Half of her game is mix-up potential (and yes, this means playing with the opponent's mind and making them guess). She wants to get in and THROW YOU. Don't let her.

Sheroking

Laura's gameplan is absolutely to knock you down and put you in a blender with 50/50 situations. Button and get crushed, block and get thrown. Make the read or guess, hope you don't get hit three times, because the round is completely over if you do.

That being said, she's not broken at all. She's just dumb and linear and doesn't represent the style of Street Fighter I prefer. There are definitely times where the Laura player has to cede their turn to you and you can reset to neutral, and chances are, your character has a better neutral game than her.

TLDR: I hate the bitch. Don't nerf her.

I've only mentioned Laura and Karin. I've given my reasons for that. But no, no one is allowed to dislike a character according to people like you.

It's not exactly easy to keep Laura out. Laura's footsies are fine, she has plenty of ways of getting in like V-Skill overhead, LP Bolt, and her Fireball.

Out of curiosity, who do you play?

SlimXx

Out of curiosity, who do you play?

Let's see if we can figure it out:

I'm sorry but dudes who say that Mika is braindead are probably idiots who main Ryu/Ken or Karin.

Mika can't get in. She can't punish a basic sweep or fireball without meter. She's often forced to jump in. She has no reversal and she can't do anything on wakeup. If she uses an Alpha Counter she fucks herself over by not being able to use Nadeshiko. If you can't deal with that then git gud.

Oh, but don't forget:

no one is allowed to dislike a character according to people like you.

Any general tips for a Gief against Nash? Tough matchup.

Running bear grab, it's supposedly 17f startup and 2 active, but Gief can connect after a fairly long run, more than 17f it seems. Is that right?

Sheroking

So not Ryu, Ken, Mika, Laura or Karin. Hates that Laura's EX fireballs has multiple hits of durability.

Safe money is on Nash or Chun.

Oh man, this game's online absolutely wrecked. I just got out of a four hour vortex of rollbacks, misleading bar signals, bullshit Ryu walls and a ton of ragequitters. I've been ragequit on five times tonight by Chun Li and Ryu who took it to the next level with four quits and two in a row just now that made me turn the PC off. People say that rage quitters are the ones who are supposed to be salty, but I worked hard for those fucking wins and those quits just knock me off my game. Ryu is a little shit and I can't wait until he gets nerfed. Online is going to be unbearable in a few months with one sided parries, rollbacks and stupid high damage combos. These quitters won't even let me get back to the LP I started at.

Edit: I think I fought every character except FANG and Rashid tonight. Those two are THE wallflowers of this game. Goddamn

How the hell do you beat Dictator with Laura? Easily the character that gives me the most problems!

Laura's st.lp is a 3frame jab. Use it whenever he dashes towards you with the intention of grabbing/using st.hk. Takes some time to perfect it but it can really save your skin.

Don't fall for his frametraps. Respect his normals.

Your goal is to get in once, and then maintain the pressure. Bison has shit wakeup options and doesn't respond well to pressure in general.

You can use your ex-shoulder to get in or just generally play more defensively and wait for an opening.

Anti-air/air-to-air his headstomp, that shit is wildly unsafe and he shouldn't be getting away with it.

Respect his j.hp though, that shit is amazing. Beats so many things and can bet your qcf+hp too.

Your projectile is also a useful tool since bison can't just forward dash through it or use his v-skill on it without leaving himself open.

Vahagn

You're upper body invincible from frame 1-11 for the move, so the second is a lot more lenient with it's timing than the first. Still doable for both though.

Awesome thanks. I usually just block both. Going to start punishing.

Did notice that once I'm pressuring he's toast. Just his normals annihilate me

What's the general consensus "rage quitting" a fight at the beginning of the first round because of a shitty connection that makes the game barely playable?

Because i'm guilty of that. (when it's truely unplayable)

What's the general consensus "rage quitting" a fight at the beginning of the first round because of a shitty connection that makes the game barely playable?

Because i'm guilty of that. (when it's truely unplayable)
It's perfectly fine. It's not like either player was entitled to any LP that's being taken away from them since the match didn't even properly start.

Fucking LOL at everyone calling for nerfs of any kind 2 months after release. Have you guys considered sucking less? That might help.
In the old arcade days you fucking just dealt with that shit. You get creative. You work around it. I say let the game rock. Everything will sort itself out. It always does.

as his topanga friends were unable to defeat infiltration at final round last weekend, daigo's gonna publicly reveal how to defeat infiltration and the nash brigade on his stream tomorrow .
He's gonna show us how to beat Nash in particular , not how to beat infiltration's Nash.

you don't think daigo was inspired to do a show on beating nash because of infiltration's performance last weekend?
Not saying that wasn't the reason, but at the end of the day this is more towards how to handle dealing with a specific character rather than a specific player.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Laura's st.lp is a 3frame jab. Use it whenever he dashes towards you with the intention of grabbing/using st.hk. Takes some time to perfect it but it can really save your skin.

Don't fall for his frametraps. Respect his normals.

Your goal is to get in once, and then maintain the pressure. Bison has shit wakeup options and doesn't respond well to pressure in general.

You can use your ex-shoulder to get in or just generally play more defensively and wait for an opening.

Anti-air/air-to-air his headstomp, that shit is wildly unsafe and he shouldn't be getting away with it.

Respect his j.hp though, that shit is amazing. Beats so many things and can bet your qcf+hp too.

Your projectile is also a useful tool since bison can't just forward dash through it or use his v-skill on it without leaving himself open.

Thanks for these tips!

Respect his normals is right, but note that you can also punish blocked scissor kicks with a regular c.mp x elbow

Why is Nash considered the best in the game now?
No one says that he's the BEST in the game. Some would say Infiltration's Nash is the best but that's a different discussion.

Nash is in general a pretty good character since he has mobility,decent wake up options, great normals, an effective V-reversal and V-trigger and surprisingly safe specials.

He still has weaknesses but all in all he's a fairly "safe" character all around.
Thanks for these tips!

Respect his normals is right, but note that you can also punish blocked scissor kicks with a regular c.mp x elbow
Really? Cause M.Bison's lk scissor kick is -4 on block and Laura's cr.mp is 5 frames. Unless Bison tries to go for a button or something, Bison can block it. Granted, he can't avoid it so if he does block it's better to go for light elbow but still.

myco666

I really need to keep a list of RQers open when doing ranked. Just got matched against someone who had RQed before but didn't remember that CFN ID. Oh well Battle Lounge it is then. At least it is fun and no one RQs there or at least not that often.

Nerf/buff can come later, I will gladly accept fixes to online system, the connection to the server is fucking brutal, another fight is coming your way 60secs later still loading, shit needs to be fix, rollback netcode is brutal, laggy cunts look like they doing a magic trick, i am here, no over here, no in front of your..fix your shit Capcom..

I have made my decision. I will now listen to the Killer Instinct soundtrack to get me in the mood to play Street Fighter. It's just so aggressive. Makes me want to pick Laura or Necalli and just keep jumping down my enemy's throats.

How the hell did Capcom expect people to create lobbies with people on their friend's list, when you can't even tell when they're online?? Sure, if it's a friend I can txt them, but Gaf people I've added?

Hyun Sai

How the hell did Capcom expect people to create lobbies with people on their friend's list, when you can't even tell when they're online?? Sure, if it's a friend I can txt them, but Gaf people I've added?

I'm forced to add them in my PSN friend list to see what they're doing. Unfortunately, not much I can do for PC users. Whoever is in charge of this CFN garbage should be fired, but that ship has sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom