• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. I actually didn't want to see Ibuki ever again after SF4, same goes for Elena and those 2 were my mains in 3s. The butchery was traumatic. But SFV is a lot less floaty and vortexy and trash than SF4, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Show of hands, does anyone here actually prefer 4 to V? Cause, I like V so much better I'm still kind of shocked.

Working on Cammy again... trying to remove her gauntlets! I need them gone for the Lara costume lmao.
u8PiWUp.png
but it'll be useful for a ton of costumes - example Cammy Streetwise. I've stolen Chun's Police Alt's arms and scaled them down to fit her.

I beat being a "cheap" ryu player but when you face a cunty laura and other cunty players I just want to get back on the horse and fuck people with annoying playstyle.

Xeteh

Working on Cammy again... trying to remove her gauntlets! I need them gone for the Lara costume lmao.

but it'll be useful for a ton of costumes - example Cammy Streetwise. I've stolen Chun's Police Alt's arms and scaled them down to fit her.

Give her back her forearm, you monster.

Show of hands, does anyone here actually prefer 4 to V? Cause, I like V so much better I'm still kind of shocked.

image.php

Well actually I think I like V more now. And I think that is saying something because I was a big SF4 guy. It's the game where I actually started to learn and understand how to play these games. I embraced it for what it is even though so much of it annoyed the hell out of me. But now that I've spent so much time on SFV, I can finally understand other peoples complaints about SF4. And that has led me to enjoy SFV more. Not just because it's new and I'm getting tired of SF4, but because SFV made me realize even more so how much I hate dealing with all the craziness that SF4 contains. I really do love playing this more honest SF.

"I definitely prefer SFIV Vega to his new non-charge version. Maybe Bison as well."

While, I prefer the walk speed of previous Bison incarnations, I'm not sure I could go back from the damage he has in SFV.

Ame

Survival mode... right when I think I'll never go back,

y3g7hw.jpg

We need more content :(

Yup, decided to try hard survival after promising myself never to play it again. Game over at stage 41, proceeded by "Fuck, I hate survival."

I really want Ken's white gi.

holy s...good stuff! What decides if you cross up or not in the dash, the timing of the air jab/dash? Looks like a 50% chance of eating that ...

On air jab. Tried doing the MK and kept crossing up and the timing is harder.

Anyway that reset sucks.

Instead you can:
J.HP, C.HP, C.MP into EX Tragedy Assault to Air V-Trigger, J.MK dash, LP, MP and then Ex Genocide Cutter. This does a lot of damage and stun damage.

Duress

Apparently playing a level 22 Rashid with 1k points is a good matchup with my level 8 scrub ass with 500 points Dhalsim

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I basically hated SF4 despite putting in plenty of hours. Hated its art design, its systems, its music. Ultimately, I played it because that's what the SF community was playing online and I still loved comp. Oh, and Hakan was dope.

Ferrio

Banned
Really tired of this in ranked matches Capcom. Why even bother having leagues if I get thrown against Silver ranked players while 1000LP lower than them?

To see if you belong in silver. If you win you get bumped up, if you lose you don't lose too much. Get used to it, it's going to happen no matter what rank you're in. You'll fight people below you and you'll fight people above you.

Syntsui

Really tired of this in ranked matches Capcom. Why even bother having leagues if I get thrown against Silver ranked players while 1000LP lower than them?
That's actually good. If you lose you barely lose points, if you win you get A LOT.

The problem with ranks is getting matched with low levels more than high levels.

i don't buy into their machmaking. just now i had 2 cammy, 2 ryu, haven't seen nash in a day, so here you have 2 in a row, 2 ryu, haven't seen zangief in 2 days, so here you have 2 zangief in a row, 2 cammy, 1 mika, i haven't seen you in a long time........pause.......pause.....pause.....ryu.

i can't be the only one that noticed this. i think that's part of their matchmaking problem.

Moaradin

1000 LP difference from Bronze to Silver is tiny in the grand scheme of things. Now Platinum players getting Bronze players still is pretty goofy lol

qcf x2

I basically hated SF4 despite putting in plenty of hours. Hated its art design, its systems, its music. Ultimately, I played it because that's what the SF community was playing online and I still loved comp. Oh, and Hakan was dope.

This, except swap Hakan for Decapre.

Okay, this is infuriating, how do you beat Nash?

Who are you using? Generally speaking, pressure him.

I'm perfectly happy to move on to Street Fighter V.

But I will admit, I miss Hakan. He was fun tier.

I Vastly prefer 4. 4 was fun. It had a fun crazy combo system. I like how a simple light punch lead to a full combo. I love that you could do an FADC and make for fun combos. I like how fun the ultras were. I like how fast paced it was. I also liked having Ultras and Supers. I liked how vibrant and full of life the game and the characters felt. It felt like a celebration of Street Fighter. I love how it had all the modes and online searching. Not to mention it was on pretty much every system including 3DS.

5 just feels like a side game to the series with everything dialed back. There's nothing wrong in that but 4 has so much going for it that I do think it's a phenomenal game that is much better in every way than SF5. I like 5 a lot but I'll happily play 4 any day of the week.

Got another rage quitter: S3DillusiOn

Robot Pants

I Vastly prefer 4. 4 was fun. It had a fun crazy combo system. I like how a simple light punch lead to a full combo. I love that you could do an FADC and make for fun combos. I like how fun the ultras were. I like how fast paced it was. I also liked having Ultras and Supers. I liked how vibrant and full of life the game and the characters felt. It felt like a celebration of Street Fighter. I love how it had all the modes and online searching. Not to mention it was on pretty much every system including 3DS.

5 just feels like a side game to the series with everything dialed back. There's nothing wrong in that but 4 has so much going for it that I do think it's a phenomenal game that is much better in every way than SF5. I like 5 a lot but I'll happily play 4 any day of the week.

Got another rage quitter: S3DillusiOn
This is how I feel. 5 just isn't cutting it for me. Granted, I haven't played it very long and I need to go back, but I got two betas worth and 11 or so hours of the final game and it was just.... Slow for me. Boring. Don't really feel the cast either.

Also a very strange gripe: I HATE the blocking sound effect. I don't like the hit sound effect either, but the blocking sound effect drives me crazy.

But 4 started off a very different game than how it ended. Even with Super it changed a lot. It was a super defensive turtle fest in the beginning. Hopefully 5 changes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom