• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm forced to add them in my PSN friend list to see what they're doing. Unfortunately, not much I can do for PC users. Whoever is in charge of this CFN garbage should be fired, but that ship has sailed.
I'm on PC but I have a PS4. Maybe I could add them to my friend's list and then check that in a browser while I'm playing SFV. Capcom, pls.

I have made my decision. I will now listen to the Killer Instinct soundtrack to get me in the mood to play Street Fighter. It's just so aggressive. Makes me want to pick Laura or Necalli and just keep jumping down my enemy's throats.
KI definitely has a god-tier soundtrack, although it's gone downhill since season two by a significant margin.

I really think people aren't giving SFV the credit its due, though. The original compositions sound straight out of Mega Man X. And it's way better than what we got in SFIV.
There's still so many fun looking characters I have to try! But I can't stop playing Ryu
I'm avoiding Ryu because I don't wanna be a pleb soldier in the Army, but there's a voice in my head saying I should main him so I can develop better fundamentals at the game instead of maining Karin or Laura.

KI definitely has a god-tier soundtrack, although it's gone downhill since season two by a significant margin.

I really think people aren't giving SFV the credit its due, though. The original compositions sound straight out of Mega Man X. And it's way better than what we got in SFIV.

I'm avoiding Ryu because I don't wanna be a pleb soldier in the Army, but there's a voice in my head saying I should main him so I can develop better fundamentals at the game instead of maining Karin or Laura.
The thing about playing Ryu is that he teaches you fundamentals and how to play street fighter.
You have to learn Defense, you have to learn offense, you learn how to play the fireball game, the neutral game, everything.

Other characters specialize in something and lack in something else, but Ryu is an all-rounder. It's why he's always the first character suggested for new players.

You don't have to main him permanently, just long enough until you're sure you've learned the basics. Then you can move on to another character.

Playing Ryu however, won't teach you how to play a rushdown character, it won't teach you how to play a grappler, how to play a zoner, how to play a purely defensive character or a character who relies on mobility. It just teaches you Street Fighter!

Yudoken

Can't connect to my friend from the same town (in germany) no matter what we do.

I hate the friend system in this game, we just want to play this game, it's about a month since release and it still can't work out just connecting us together.

We're getting three different errors.

Long loading circles and a can't connect to lobby (mopst common)

Lobby is full (which is wrong)

And something like lobby doesn't exist anymore.

I mean c'mon, it worked against my friend fine yesterday.

mbpm1

You should play Ryu bc he's fun. He really is.

Also, yeah, fundamentals and such.

as his topanga friends were unable to defeat infiltration at final round last weekend, daigo's gonna publicly reveal how to defeat infiltration and the nash brigade on his stream tomorrow .

Hmm, Daigo anti-Nash strategies with a chance of JP Laura play vs Rock, Paper Scissor on Spooky's channel... decisions, decisions.

fresquito

Any notable Cammy players I should be following? Only one I've known about is Poong.
You could follow this guy I faced today:

8HYQRR6.jpg

Yeah, Matchmaking sucks, but he is pretty good.

Durden77

I hope that this trial with Alex is a sign of things to come once the Zenny shop is up and running too. Giving people the ability to have a trial of a character for a day or at least a few matches would be cool.

fresquito

That is cruel...the point difference is crazy..
Yeah, it is. People still defend the MM system or say things such as "gitgud when" when you show pictures like this.

Honestly, I don't think I did as bad as points may hint. Of course I lost fair and square, but I think I actually showed good adaptation on the second round. The worst part is that Ken is not my main. In fact I don't have a main yet. I would have lost anyway with a main, don't get me wrong; he's so much better than me. But I sure would have enjoyed it a lot more. Still, an interesting experience on my side.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Does the madcatz drivers for xinput work on the madcatz se arcade stick? It's not listed on their website.

Ayy man if you don't hit that rematch button you guys are PUSSIES. Shoutouts to Laura and Karin who need a nerf because I'd rather not learn the matchups and adjust accordingly, and shoutouts to Mika who needs like six major buffs.

There's only one button I need for this matchup, and that's the ignore button.

SMH, the reason I don't go to my local FGC meetups is the guys there all act like asshats. Like grown men in their late 30s all acting like it's some fight club shit.

mbpm1

Ayy man if you don't hit that rematch button you guys are PUSSIES. Shoutouts to Laura and Karin who need a nerf because I'd rather not learn the matchups and adjust accordingly, and shoutouts to Mika who needs like six major buffs.

The uncensored CA buff would be pretty major tho

Durden77

So is the patch supposed to fix this option select everyone's talking about? Or just weaken it? Dunno if I should start learning it or not.

hahahahahaha friend tried to chip me to death with Sim CA, I used Gief V-trigger, hahahahaha not only did i pull him in and killed him, Gief V-trigger goes right through Sim's spirit bomb..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom