• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the only way I have to play this game is on my roommates wifi connected PS4 on his horrible input lag having 6 year old Samsung TV. And his couch is really low, so playing with my arcade stick in my lap is super awkward. I would just buy a PS4, but the talk of a refresh makes that sound like a bad idea. Would be easier to swallow if PS4s weren't $350.

Oh well, guess I'll just be scrub tier for life 😭

sounds like a nightmare. my condolences.

Mediking

I will start playing better with Mika when she doesn't look stupid. Give her a tuxedo with sunglasses or something.

What are you saying, man??????? Always embrace your main. If you ever become frustrated with your main then do casual matches until you feel comfortable again.

That's what I do whenever I'm feeling frustrated with Cammy.

Heck, I don't even complain about her horrible health anymore.

I blame myself for every loss.

I will start playing better with Mika when she doesn't look stupid. Give her a tuxedo with sunglasses or something.
You people.... you don't know how good you have it.

Us FANG mains know what real pain is. What struggle actually is. You think it's easy to play as a character whose head looks like a smooshed carrot?

At least he has nice looking colours

Well that's true, but the best one is locked behind Hard Survival. No.10, the one which looks closest to the assassins from Kung Fu Hustle
kung-fu-hustle-tueurs-fung-hak-on_229a328be90500badd6ab4186d507177.jpg

The bottom right is no.10

Mupod

so I sat down to play some SF5 for the first time in a while this morning, and at one point I had the thought that it was strange I'd never seen a ragequitter in ranked, only casuals. And then the floodgates opened.

https://youtu.be/6WhfLBNnA4E

this is the only one I bothered saving. And man I really need to stay in practice I keep doing really suboptimal punishes. I guess Nash makes me nervous since it feels like he can just wail on me for free (which is what it probably is like to play against my character).

Man, people are really babies

Does anyone else ever beat someone bad in round one and then they just stop playing in round 2? This seems to happen to me a lot

I guess it's better than them quitting...

stn

Not really. In most Street Fighters it's always been an even-ish match-up that slightly favoured Dhalsim once you understood the nuances;
Super Turbo - Cited as being a 7/10 difficulty for Ryu. Most recent tier chart cites it as 6.5+ Dhalsim.

SF4 -YHC Mochi thinks 'Sim wins 6-4.
FChamp thinks 'Sim wins 6-4.

I've only cited SF4 and ST because they're the most comparable to SF5. 6-4 is not a bad matchup by any means, but it still a losing matchup. Ryu has to take risks to get in and can have a hard time sitting and throwing plasma.

Maybe things have changed with SF5, though I doubt it based on the footage I've seen as of late. Even if it was universally agreed that the match is 5-5, Ryu still has to take risks since Dhalsim's poke range can make one hesitate when throwing projectiles. Dhalsim takes Ryu out of his comfort zone no matter the matchup score.

Does anyone else ever beat someone bad in round one and then they just stop playing in round 2? This seems to happen to me a lot

It happens occasionally. I usually just assume that they dropped their controller or something, and stop fighting myself for a moment to give them a chance to reconnect. A good portion of them picks up the match again, but a few just let me KO them.

However, considering that one-sided lag is a thing in this game, some of them may be giving up because the match is unplayable on their end. I've "quit" a few matches that way, when the lag was really bad, but my opponent could potentially be playing just fine and may have thought I gave up due to the beating I was taking.

ohkay

Idk why people do this. I've had a few matches where I got destroyed the first round and then went on to return the favor the next two rounds, sometimes with perfects

Skilletor

Maybe they're lagging really bad?

Happens to me in bad connections. I don't bother playing it out.

I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread since it got moved to the community section. But did something happen where we are not allowed to express frustration about the game/matchups without being mocked for it?

Nothing wrong with expressing frustration, but one should understand that it comes from a place of balance rather than just having a shitty character. The reason why people get mocked for that is because they want their character to have every tool ever and be perfect, regardless of how bad that breaks the existing flow of the game.

Skilletor

Maybe sometimes, but it is often after a bad first round where I get a stun

It's easy to get a stun when the other player has rollback and they can't react to anything you're doing.

Well, in general, it's easy to get a stun, haha.

I dunno if that's why, but rather than drop after the first round, I just stand there or walk at my opponent and don't press anything.

Man...I played Tampa bison today and beat him first round then chocked. -_-

That win would have given me hella points.

Guess I still need a lot more training. I still feel I'm stronger than a lot of these gold players, but the matches are too close, and if you lose to someone just getting gold it's like -150!! Unghh...

Once I hit platinum I'm done with rank! I swear!

Well maybe just take a break

Gotta level up though..still getting beat by scrub tactics. Like I know Nash is going to v-skill on top of me and I can't react with a DP or better yet just block high and correctly. Really need to play solid. That's the biggest difference between me and Tampa this morning; he didn't panick. Even after I had a strong round. Only 2 trophies left at least

300 CA finishes
1 million FM

Possibly some of the titles that will be purchasable through the Shop.

Thats what I thought until I saw this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-OqwCgLf7s&feature=youtu.be

Guy said in the comments that he "spoofed" the character levels and experience. Since it hasn't been seen once online, I'm thinking its probably something like getting a character to like level 100 or something.
Really, I wish they'd just give a list of unlock requirements. This shit is annoying.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man I hate FANG's hitbox, it doesn't fit his appearance at all. I guess not many people play him, but I rediscover that almost every match against him.

Shito

Man I hate FANG's hitbox, it doesn't fit his appearance at all. I guess not many people play him, but I rediscover that almost every match against him.
We had a guy starting playing him at work, and this is the first thing that struck me after playing a long set with him: he's so hard to "read"!
I whiffed like a hundred throws thinking he was in range for it but noooope, haha.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be in and out of silver all day, aren't I? ;~;

"Just hit 2k LP, huh? HERE'S 3400, HAVE FUN"

The road to gitting gud continues.
I swear the game puts you into punish-matchmaking sometimes. I crossed 3k LP again today and played 6 4k-6k players in a row.

I swear the game puts you into punish-matchmaking sometimes. I crossed 3k LP again today and played 6 4k-6k players in a row.
Yeah, right? And then it feels sorry for you and sticks you with someone one or more ranks below you.

...Like it just gave me a borderline Ultra Bronze Ken that was absolutely nonchalant about all of his jump-ins getting parried or DP'd.

I always hope for much higher ranked players: you win a lot of points for the win but only lose a few. If I'm matched with someone a few thousand LP below me I get anxious because I know I'll lose about one hundred.

I've reached Gold now though so I'm no longer bothered about the points. I'm gonna start flitting around the cast rather than sticking to my main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom