• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the patch supposed to fix this option select everyone's talking about? Or just weaken it? Dunno if I should start learning it or not.

If you're talking about the jump-back throw tech, the patch is going to weaken it in a major way. By adding an extra frame to jump timing, the OS is now blown up for a 4 frame window when its attempted. So if you throw a meaty on wakeup instead of throw, the person gets blown up. The OS will still beat a throw, but at that point if you were going to walk up grab on wake up, they input a throw tech regardless. This just makes it so that meaties are even more viable of an option on wake up than they already were.

mbpm1

Learn it anyway just in case you run up on a major with unpatched setups

Yeah, but what are the chances of that

Kappa

If you're talking about the jump-back throw tech, the patch is going to weaken it in a major way. By adding an extra frame to jump timing, the OS is now blown up for a 4 frame window when its attempted. So if you throw a meaty on wakeup instead of throw, the person gets blown up. The OS will still beat a throw, but at that point if you were going to walk up grab on wake up, they input a throw tech regardless. This just makes it so that meaties are even more viable of an option on wake up than they already were.

Meaties lose to that though. It gets blocked if it's outright meaty. Gotta delay it, which leaves the window open to wakeup jab and such

Csr

So is the patch supposed to fix this option select everyone's talking about? Or just weaken it? Dunno if I should start learning it or not.

They are just making it less effective by adding one extra pre jump frame which means you have more chances of having a delayed normal catch the jump back.

It is still a risk to do that os and it is possible on most fg's, people didn't do it before because there were better options available for defense, here there are very few for most characters and reversals are more risky.

The os is supposed to beat meaties by blocking for a few frames after wake up then inputting up back+throw tech, meaties will not beat it only delayed normals, meaning not doing a meaty and just pressing a button few frames after.

Vahagn

Yeah it's amazing, but you still jumped in on him an awful lot. Worked out for you in some cases, though.

Those rounds when you dominated me I wasn't able to get in any other way.

And that standing short, air command grab kept getting me, I couldn't get my anti air out in time and dashing back wasn't working.

Can I just jab you out of it?

Those rounds when you dominated me I wasn't able to get in any other way.

And that standing short, air command grab kept getting me, I couldn't get my anti air out in time and dashing back wasn't working.

Can I just jab you out of it?

If you can beat Birdie on the ground, he's in trouble.

Bull Revenger (jumping command grab) has no invincibility or projectile invincibility. If Laura has a bolt out, only EX Revenger can reach you.

Chains will go through all projectiles. EX Chain will crush projectiles.

Vahagn

If you can beat Birdie on the ground, he's in trouble.

Bull Revenger (jumping command grab) has no invincibility or projectile invincibility. If Laura has a bolt out, only EX Revenger can reach you.

Chains will go through all projectiles. EX Chain will crush projectiles.

I don't think I'll be able to get a bolt out quickly enough after your standing short. It's either a normal or anti-air qcfHP

Alright man I'm out. Ggz

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Cobelcog is the highest rated Cammy on the leaderboards (last time I checked) and streams fairly often
I was matched against him last night, he was rank 6 and I was rank 6X,XXX. Needless to say I was destroyed, perfected in the second round.
The matchmaking is a bit wild at times.

Trickster

Wish I could select a couple of characters I don't want to fight similar to how you can with maps in Starcraft 2. Every Ryu, Necalli and Chun-li fight is cancer

Trickster

I just have a hard time believing we've reached a point where Ryu is considered cancer. EDIT: Online Ryus to be specific.

Try that matchup as Mika then and tell me the obvious solution to make the fight not feel awful

"let me jump in" - nope, dp or parry
"let me slide under fireball" - nope, sweep or dp
"let me charge HK" - nope, dp or parry
"let me try footsies" - lol

mika players calling other characters cancer
j5YI2KN.png

Skilletor

Try that matchup as Mika then and tell me the obvious solution to make the fight not feel awful

I'm sorry your amazing character has a tough matchup.

Clawww

try footsies harder

like, you have to accept that it's hard work and that every single round, even against inferior players, will require lots of patience

So you're complaining about the matchup, not the character.
You just have to play really patient footsies.

Trickster

『Inaba Resident』;199204986 said:
So you're complaining about the matchup, not the character.
You just have to play really patient footsies.

No, I'm complaining about the character. Ken is fine, Ryu is a nightmare

I think Mika is fine the way she is tbh and has tools for most situations.

She's amazing when she gets in, but a completely wet noodle until then

Edzi

No, I'm complaining about the character. Ken is fine, Ryu is a nightmare

She's amazing when she gets in, but a completely wet noodle until then

How are Mika players STILL complaining about Mika? Everyone else knows how insane she can be, yet most Mika players in this thread still seem convinced that she's trash. I get that most people like to convince themselves that their main sucks, but it seems especially bad with Mika players recently.

"Why isn't my character perfect in all formats" - the thread.

No kidding. For a while, it felt like I was the only Necalli player in this thread who thought he was pretty good.

Trickster

"Why isn't my character perfect in all formats" - the thread.

I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread since it got moved to the community section. But did something happen where we are not allowed to express frustration about the game/matchups without being mocked for it?

Ferrio

Banned
I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread since it got moved to the community section. But did something happen where we are not allowed to express frustration about the game/matchups without being mocked for it?

No, but it's the only thing we ever hear from you.

Shito

How are Mika players STILL complaining about Mika? Everyone else knows how insane she can be, yet most Mika players in this thread still seem convinced that she's trash. I get that most people like to convince themselves that their main sucks, but it seems especially bad with Mika players recently.
Nah, it's not a Mika thing, it really all boils down to "I can't accept my main has a weakness I have to get around with". This is a pretty common thing, sadly.
Not too long ago we had Karin players asking for better anti-airs as an example of this... ^^

I'm sure Trickster knows full well the areas in which Mika is lacking, and I agree that we all have match-ups we really don't like, but adapting to them and trying to find solutions for them is part of the fun! And nobody likes having his character being called-out like that. :D

I think the netcode is preventing the V-Trigger to activate properly. It ends up failing to activate when the opponent do theirs or the CA a second after. In one of my last match I threw a player into the corner tried to activate Nash's Steel Air, nothing came out and instead a wake up CA from the opponent and winning the round.

It's not like I'm not screwing it up either because I see the inputs in the replay showing HP+HK while standing still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom