• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Anyone in the USA want to play a few rounds? My ID is Dartastic. I'd prefer to play against someone who can tell me how to improve...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I always hope for much higher ranked players: you win a lot of points for the win but only lose a few. If I'm matched with someone a few thousand LP below me I get anxious because I know I'll lose about one hundred.

I've reached Gold now though so I'm no longer bothered about the points. I'm gonna start flitting around the cast rather than sticking to my main.
I actually don't mind it too much either, you learn more against better players.

What I also noticed: Mika has become super popular. Fighting her way more than Ken, for example.

Whales

Banned
Ryu is pretty fun in this game

Also why the fuck is everyone a lagger? it's near impossible to find someone who doesnt lag at all. Sheesh

(and i'm on a wired connection with good internet so it's not me :/ )

Also why the fuck is everyone a lagger? it's near impossible to find someone who doesnt lag at all. Sheesh

Set it to 5 bars...They really need to allow us to set regions..

I have it set at 5 bars and ask me to proceed to battle, sometimes the shit will find me 3 bars yet it's set at 5, this way i can denied that battle..

He is pretty fun. I'd gotten really bored of him in 4.

And I dunno. I get rollback, lag, straight up freezes... Rollback I can handle, but when the game is just dropping inputs? Nah dude. Bars don't seem to mean much either.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't really get laggy matches. I've set it to 5 bars only and Battle Confirmation to "ask". Sometimes matches get laggy after a round or so, but you never know what's going on when that happens.

If everyone is a "lagger", then it is likely that there is a problem on your end. Remember that you, and your connection, is the one constant in all of those matches, and being on a wired connection is merely one factor in determining your connection quality, it is no grantee that your connection is actually good.

I just turned off the console after fighting only two players. I decided to warm up by fighting in the battle lounge at first. The guy I fought was a silver Ken from Spain who was a bit laggy, but he got got two wins off me using his safe pokes and some big damage hit confirms. These things happen, so I steadied myself and beat him five times in a row. I like to think he was impressed, but who knows, right? Then I proceeded to ranked battles. My first fight in twelve hours after two Ryu ragequits was against bitch ass 3500LP Nash. He tossed out a lot of his safe normals, moonsaults and even caught me with a wakeup super, but I managed to beat him. Just as I was looking to start off the day by earning 100+ LP he rage quit. That was the third rage quit in a row over a span of twelve hours.

All I've got to say about this is...

"Rage quits are the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

dDyBgV_zpsdrvuhsjt.gif

Whales

Banned
Ucchedavāda;199226444 said:
If everyone is a "lagger", then it is likely that there is a problem on your end. Remember that you, and your connection, is the one constant in all of those matches, and being on a wired connection is merely one factor in determining your connection quality, it is no grantee that your connection is actually good.

I would say that's true but when I play with my online friends ( as in, I live in Canada and them the US) we never lag at all. I just lag with randoms.

Heck, ive been able to play with ppl from France, UK and even japan with minimal lag.

Also you can't set connection status to 5 bars for battle lounges, which is stupid as fuck

Dartastic

He's helping me more than I'm helping him, might wanna get in there with him.

Wish I ran into more Chuns.
Haha, GGs. So uh, I've got some advice for you. First off, there are two things that are major problems that I noticed right off the bat. In both matchups, but ESPECIALLY the Mika one you just let me bully you right to the corner. I literally just walked forward and you walked back, you sometimes threw a fireball, I jumped over it. And if there's one thing I've learned from watching good players play Mika and even in my scrub experience it's that you NEVER want to let Mika get you in a corner. It's bad. Real bad. Don't let her do that to you.

Secondly was your lack of anti-airs. I was searching for some jump ins of yours because I know I need to work on those, but in doing so I noticed that you were just letting me jump at you almost all the time. It's worth sometimes even just throwing out random shoryus just to let me know that I can't jump in at you whenever I want. Because hoo boy, did I notice I could just jump around. I want to say that you should jump more, but I'm not sure that's good advice.

Lastly, you rely on your target combo for a lot of your damage. This can be dangerous because it's very punishable, and to really up the damage you have to have V-Trigger cancel. Try using your back HK more, that links into LK, LK Tatsu, which is easily hit confirmable into super. :)

I can help you when you're ready. OmniCloud on PSN...

East coast
Invite sent! West coast. Let's test that netcode...

Haha, GGs. So uh, I've got some advice for you. First off, there are two things that are major problems that I noticed right off the bat. In both matchups, but ESPECIALLY the Mika one you just let me bully you right to the corner. I literally just walked forward and you walked back, you sometimes threw a fireball, I jumped over it. And if there's one thing I've learned from watching good players play Mika and even in my scrub experience it's that you NEVER want to let Mika get you in a corner. It's bad. Real bad. Don't let her do that to you.
Yeah I'm pretty easily pressured, not gonna lie.

Secondly was your lack of anti-airs. I was searching for some jump ins of yours because I know I need to work on those, but in doing so I noticed that you were just letting me jump at you almost all the time. It's worth sometimes even just throwing out random shoryus just to let me know that I can't jump in at you whenever I want. Because hoo boy, did I notice I could just jump around. I want to say that you should jump more, but I'm not sure that's good advice.
Anti-airs, yeah. I felt like I weaned myself too far off of using them. At this point in SF5 I'm getting the feeling I'm relying too much on just either parrying a jump in and going from there, or.... Yeah. Nothing D: (although getting a crush counter off of st.HK is pretty nice when that happens) It feels like DPs are more easily punished than before so I've been hesitant to use them.

Lastly, you rely on your target combo for a lot of your damage. This can be dangerous because it's very punishable, and to really up the damage you have to have V-Trigger cancel. Try using your back HK more, that links into LK, LK Tatsu, which is easily hit confirmable into super. :)
And this! Yeah I just read up on Back HK the other day, at first it felt way worse than it actually turns out to be, and I'll keep that in mind!

The jumping though.... I probably jump too much as it is, tbh.

Man its so much more frustrating to lose in this game/series than any other fighting game I've played. Cause it's always execution error. Its not always why I lose, but its always a factor.
I don't know how to fix it, I might be hopelessly inept at combos

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mostly playing casual now and I'm getting this Gold ranked Cammy all the time that's complete garbage. She also got 4025 LP or something. I'm pretty sure I know what happened there.

Sheroking

I'm mostly playing casual now and I'm getting this Gold ranked Cammy all the time that's complete garbage. She also got 4025 LP or something. I'm pretty sure I know what happened there.

Pay attention to their level with the character.

I've been playing a bunch of other characters in casuals and losing consistently to lower rank players because I don't play any of these damn characters. My Karin is like level 38 and everything else is 17 from the survival and story modes. I suspect anyone playing other characters without experience probably similar.

leroidys

Man its so much more frustrating to lose in this game/series than any other fighting game I've played. Cause it's always execution error. Its not always why I lose, but its always a factor.
I don't know how to fix it, I might be hopelessly inept at combos
The same thing makes it far less frustrating for me, playing at a low level anyway. I'd much rather lose from messing up than some bullshit game design.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pay attention to their level with the character.

I've been playing a bunch of other characters in casuals and losing consistently to lower rank players because I don't play any of these damn characters. My Karin is like level 38 and everything else is 17 from the survival and story modes. I suspect anyone playing other characters without experience probably similar.
Level 38, I looked. It's a Bronze level Cammy with 4k LP.

A.E Suggs

Can Ryu get a command grab? Lol

Can karin get her command grab back? It makes no sense that she lost a move when this game happens before sf3 and she's older. Hopefully when the game gets an update she can get her counters back as well. Now I have to go back to KOF to have a character with counters :(.

Skilletor

Can karin get her command grab back? It makes no sense that she lost a move when this game happens before sf3 and she's older. Hopefully when the game gets an update she can get her counters back as well. Now I have to go back to KOF to have a character with counters :(.

She would be so stupid with counters. No thanks on that.

There are enough mobile grapplers in the game, that Karin doesn't need one with her tools.

leroidys

Man, I have no idea what the fuck to do against Bison (lack of experience, not yelling OP) as Ryu. Whenever I touch a button, even after blocking combo strings, his anything beats my everything and I eat 30%+. Halp?

KingBroly

Banned
Max's talking about the update and what he wants to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOG5yU-M6F0

- I don't think Arcade Mode will actually happen

- Ranked 2/3 option w/o the Rage Quit fix is gonna lead TO A LOT more rage quitting BS

- Ranked 2/3 should've been made Mandatory at a Certain Level, like with Ultra Silver or Higher players

- Color Bullshit is Bullshit, even the Paid Stuff doesn't give you all of the Colors, which is SERIOUS Bullshit

Sheroking

Man, I have no idea what the fuck to do against Bison (lack of experience, not yelling OP) as Ryu. Whenever I touch a button, even after blocking combo strings, his anything beats my everything and I eat 30%+. Halp?

The path to fighting Bison is the same with every character.

If he does normal scissor kicks, you can press buttons. If he does upflame, you can punish or at least move forward. Pretty much everything else has frame advantage, so don't press anything. Check his dash-ins with jab. Neutral jump if he's dash happy. Rush him down after a knockdown - his wake-up game sucks.

- Ranked 2/3 option w/o the Rage Quit fix is gonna lead TO A LOT more rage quitting BS

- Ranked 2/3 should've been made Mandatory at a Certain Level, like with Ultra Silver or Higher players

- Color Bullshit is Bullshit, even the Paid Stuff doesn't give you all of the Colors, which is SERIOUS Bullshit
The season pass should seriously have given all the colors. Something.

(That and getting a premium costume for the DLC guys but not the base 16 is... weird. But Capcom's gotta make money somehow)

leroidys

The path to fighting Bison is the same with every character.

If he does normal scissor kicks, you can press buttons. If he does upflame, you can punish or at least move forward. Pretty much everything else has frame advantage, so don't press anything. Check his dash-ins with jab. Neutral jump if he's dash happy. Rush him down after a knockdown - his wake-up game sucks.
Good tips, thanks.

I feel like my play gets worse the longer I'm playing.
It does...you become predicable and easier to defend against. And when you know you're in danger of losing you might panick. My advice is play ranked for a little. And then play casual the rest of your session or lounge. Then pick back up rank if you really feeling yourself.

I would say do no more than 15 rank matches a day. And even shorter if you get on a win streak.

I think Arcade mode will happen, but they will probably have to make them have endings and shit before pushing it out.

And people aren't going to RQ anymore than they already are on 2/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom