• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Why do people think that you can only buy the exclusive colors? Just because they only showed them?

Really confusing to me, like they'd have an entire category to buy colors and then only have one for a few characters.

Did every character even get an EX color in the japanese version?

Hex

Banned
I have actually started to look at rage quits as a badge of honor.
If a salty fuck wants to go through the trouble of closing his game and restarting it just to keep from holding an L from my scrub ass then you know what, that is f'ing awesome.
You go ahead and restart your game and feel that inside you for a bit.
I will just know I beat you and move on to the next.

GGS man...your chun is a bit more solid than Mika, but Mika is kinda hard to get higher level with because she requires good reads and you having the mind frame to not care about your opponent wakeup or defense. Even top players are scarred by "random" Mika lol.

Mika

- play Flux, he'll show you the basic Bnb with her and setups
- there was one round I was jabbing trying to show you every time you did something unsafe. Learn when to take chances and when you should be pressing safe buttons
- be fearless. Make your opponent respect and fear your throws. You aren't going to win much with Mika being passive and taking FB in the face while I wait for a jump in to AA you

Chun

- more solid play here, but you have to learn to do her instant air legs faster and use it to apply pressure
- Chuns buttons are good, but you can't get too happy with pressing them all them time. Learn when to use her great range, and don't do legs unless it's a hit confirm, if I block your gonna get punished.

Improve your mixup game by just playing stronger players. More throws, empty jumps, cross ups, frame traps etc... You learn by getting bopped tbh.

Why do people think that you can only buy the exclusive colors? Just because they only showed them?

Really confusing to me, like they'd have an entire category to buy colors and then only have one for a few characters.

Did every character even get an EX color in the japanese version?

Because it's Capcom we are talking about.
I'm honestly at the point where I'm expecting them to screw up in ways I could not even imagine. I'd love to be proven wrong, however, as I want those colors myself.

Skilletor

Ucchedavāda;199232814 said:
Because it's Capcom we are talking about.
I'm honestly at the point where I'm expecting them to screw up in ways I could not even imagine. I'd love to be proven wrong, however, as I want those colors myself.

It's fine if you doubt, I'd just like for people to stop talking like it's 100% verified what we will or will not be able to purchase.

Playing Vega is so frustrating. I can't even anti-air cleanly when I'm 100% sure it's coming.

I think air throwing's or walking/dashing/sliding under them is generally your best option given the risk you take if they stuff a crouching/standing fierce next to what you get from hitting one. Though it's pretty sweet knowing a jump's coming and nailing an AA spin edge into his CA though.

Dartastic

GGS man...your chun is a bit more solid than Mika, but Mika is kinda hard to get higher level with because she requires good reads and you having the mind frame to not care about your opponent wakeup or defense. Even top players are scarred by "random" Mika lol.

Mika

- play Flux, he'll show you the basic Bnb with her and setups
- there was one round I was jabbing trying to show you every time you did something unsafe. Learn when to take chances and when you should be pressing safe buttons
- be fearless. Make your opponent respect and fear your throws. You aren't going to win much with Mika being passive and taking FB in the face while I wait for a jump in to AA you

Chun

- more solid play here, but you have to learn to do her instant air legs faster and use it to apply pressure
- Chuns buttons are good, but you can't get too happy with pressing them all them time. Learn when to use her great range, and don't do legs unless it's a hit confirm, if I block your gonna get punished.

Improve your mixup game by just playing stronger players. More throws, empty jumps, cross ups, frame traps etc... You learn by getting bopped tbh.
Thanks for the tips. I already know I have issues with going into legs... Also, I remember that round and I could tell, haha. It kinda made me change my game up a lot. It was weird.

Edgeward

I think air throwing's or walking/dashing/sliding under them is generally your best option given the risk you take if they stuff a crouching/standing fierce next to what you get from hitting one. Though it's pretty sweet knowing a jump's coming and nailing an AA spin edge into his CA though.

Pretty much. It's usually better to create space especially if you still have claw. I'm trying to make it more of a habit to slide under once they get to a possible cross up jump in

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not sure if this is old, but this just happened:
rgTOMQ9.gif

Dash can low profile stuff. I wonder if there's anything else.

Uh, absolutely not. This is online ranked, not a tournament. That's fine for BL, but that's not the philosophy behind Ranked and it shouldn't be.

FT3 is probably going too far, but I would love for ranked to be FT2. Rising Thunder did that, and it was fantastic. The only downside is that you can get stuck in a laggy match, though that was pretty rare with RT at least. However, given the state of the netcode / match-making in SFV, optional FT2 is probably the best solution right now. Long-term, the default could be FT2 except if both player decline, rather than both players having to accept a FT2.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ucchedavāda;199237112 said:
Subscribe to the thread (without email notification). Then you never have to go hunting for it again.

Thanks! All these years on GAF and I've never used that option.

Back on topic: I finally caught up with the patch news. Guess Alex will be my new main when he drops.

Has there been any word on how much he has been changed from 3S?

Thanks! All these years on GAF and I've never used that option.

Back on topic: I finally caught up with the patch news. Guess Alex will be my new main when he drops.

Has there been any word on how much he has been changed from 3S?

I have a feeling something is being held back on him, move wise. They mentioned he'll have ways to get in fast, but current move list doesn't show it.

ElFly

Not sure if this is old, but this just happened:
rgTOMQ9.gif

Dash can low profile stuff. I wonder if there's anything else.

I don't think it is that.

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/ABD-GND_TATSUMAKI_H-13

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_1/ABD-GND_TATSUMAKI_H-15

I find more probable that Ken just dashed through Ryu's front leg while it wasn't hitting.

It seems the back leg doesn't have a hitbox???

But maybe the dash still crouches a little; the framedata says that even if Ken manages to miss Ryu's leg, the upper body of Ken and lower body of Ryu in the air should push each other.

joe2187

Banned
That wild CA by ken player on the last video lol..

His strategy was throw fireballs all day, and DP all day at half screen. Then if I was close mash Cr, LK.

However I fuck up cammy's CA all the time. It doesnt help that I'm not very precise on my motions which makes accidental CA's come out all the time. I'd rather just use EX spiral when I get a hit confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom