• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
whos your main character?

I'll humor you.

Nec.

But I don't expect much from a person who says MVC1 and 2 were "decently balanced".

If you guys haven't seen icecold's amazing posts from before, here we go!

oh, and heres the problem with just blocking. ryu is the ONLY character in the game with ZERO advantage on block moves. every other character can string near endless attacks together with no punish if blocked. they can insta transition into a throw from any of these attacks AND other than ken, every characters throw range outclasses ryus. so going into turtle mode with ryu on get up doesnt work well. ryu can not quickly transition into a throw from any moves other than his garbage ass stubby pokes. and even then his range is so laughably short.

atonalism is gold and hes still lag switching. god pc gaming communities are quite sickening

youre lucky, here on the pc we can only filter out ps4 so were stuck with the endless sea of lag switchers and quitter. really one of the biggest downsides to online pc gaming compared to consoles.

all ryu can do is turtle. he has zero offensive usefulness unless you can parry everything with 100% success rate while rushing. his moves have zero priority, he has the worst get up move of all the characters who have one, the shortest range on his attacks, the most useless special moves and super art, his v trigger is fucking worthless, using his v skill takes 100000x more skill than other fighters, and his recovery time for everything is just brutally long

And that's just recently.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
all ryu can do is turtle. he has zero offensive usefulness unless you can parry everything with 100% success rate while rushing. his moves have zero priority, he has the worst get up move of all the characters who have one, the shortest range on his attacks, the most useless special moves and super art, his v trigger is fucking worthless, using his v skill takes 100000x more skill than other fighters, and his recovery time for everything is just brutally long
This quote is amazing. Has it been on scrubquotes yet?

Helluva way to lose an 18 game win streak. That's a game winning EX Ressenha choosing not to come out
or I screwed it up

giphy.gif

I watched the first video. I can give you some notes if you like?

Alright, some legit advice. When you see Vega go for a wall jump, just dash forward 2 times. If he was tracking you, he now landed on the ground with a lo of recovery for you to punish if you get there in time. But if you don't, you at least avoided the guessing game.

FluxWaveZ

Wingless Airplane for daaaaays. It's never failed me so far, EX to get their EX, normal otherwise. Feels good, too.

Maybe I've been scared of going for WA against that because it won't work against Bison's stomp sometimes, and I feel I've been hit or grabbed out of it (though that might be misremembering).

Alright, some legit advice. When you see Vega go for a wall jump, just dash forward 2 times. If he was tracking you, he now landed on the ground with a lo of recovery for you to punish if you get there in time. But if you don't, you at least avoided the guessing game.
Does that always work? My local friend plays Vega and I am always looking for ways to get one up on him :p

Mediking

So... what do you guys think is gonna happen in the story in the story update????

Is anybody gonna die?

I'm trying to think of something Capcom would do to shock us and make it exciting to watch.... Besides fanservice (which I do want in the update), what can they do in the story to make it exciting?

Maybe I've been scared of going for WA against that because it won't work against Bison's stomp sometimes, and I feel I've been hit or grabbed out of it (though that might be misremembering).

I won't say it's perfect against Vega's stuff but PERSONALLY, I've never had it grabbed out of. You snatch him up too high for him to react, after one or two of them he'll never do it again.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So... what do you guys think is gonna happen in the story in the story update????

Is anybody gonna die?

I'm trying to think of something Capcom would do to shock us and make it exciting to watch.... Besides fanservice (which I do want in the update), what can they do in the story to make it exciting?
Nash and Bison will fight to the death.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Is anybody gonna die?

I mean...Shadaloo has to end somehow and the Illuminati should make an appearence. Unless they want to rewrite SF history.

what a surprise. and youre still bronze?

What's that suppose to mean? I guess I'd ask if you think Nec is broken or something, but your lack of knowledge about even the most basic systems of SFV or even fighters means whatever you say is steeped in complete misinformation.

And yup, I'm currently in bronze. I just started maining Nec, and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Not even afraid to admit that at all, it's just part of the learning process, and I'll take my L's in stride so I can get better.

I'm not gonna say that Nec should have longer normals, more v trigger building methods, or whatever excuse I can drum up to feel better. I'm going to keep learning the matchups, analysis what I do right and wrong, and get better instead of sitting in delusion.

Even as a bronze player, I still know more about the game than you do. How funny is that shit?

Is anybody gonna die?

Bison is definitely going to die. The rest is about the rise of the remnants (Balrog trying to take over, Urien coming up, Juri, etc). Nash will probably die too. Nec has to die as well, there's no way he's going to be left alive after all this is over.

But really, there's nothing they can do to shock us, because the story is mostly set in stone due to SF3. I think the most they'll do is have Nec "kill" characters by taking their souls, and then having them return once he's defeated at the ened.

Mediking

I also used to think Ryu was garbage during the first week. Just keep playing. The character is easily top 5.

I think the top 5 would be...

• Ryu
  • Ken
  • Karin
  • Nash
  • Necalli/Bison

Potential to break into top 5 if buffs and nerfs happen...

• Birdie
  • Cammy
  • Chun
  • Mika
  • FANG
  • Laura
  • Vega
  • Zangief
  • Dhalsim
  • Rashid

Hardest to master:

FANG

Mediking

Nash and Bison will fight to the death.

I mean...Shadaloo has to end somehow and the Illuminati should make an appearence. Unless they want to rewrite SF history.

What's that suppose to mean? I guess I'd ask if you think Nec is broken or something, but your lack of knowledge about even the most basic systems of SFV or even fighters means whatever you say is steeped in complete misinformation.

And yup, I'm currently in bronze. I just started maining Nec, and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Not even afraid to admit that at all, it's just part of the learning process, and I'll take my L's in stride so I can get better.

I'm not gonna say that Nec should have longer normals, more v trigger building methods, or whatever excuse I can drum up to feel better. I'm going to keep learning the matchups, analysis what I do right and wrong, and get better instead of sitting in delusion.

Even as a bronze player, I still know more about the game than you do. How funny is that shit?

Bison is definitely going to die. The rest is about the rise of the remnants (Balrog trying to take over, Urien coming up, Juri, etc). Nash will probably die too. Nec has to die as well, there's no way he's going to be left alive after all this is over.

But really, there's nothing they can do to shock us, because the story is mostly set in stone due to SF3. I think the most they'll do is have Nec "kill" characters by taking their souls, and then having them return once he's defeated at the ened.

Hmmmm.... So Nash and Bison are gonna die. Necalli is either gonna die or get suppressed in a way where he doesn't cause problems anymore.

But what about people like Laura and Birdie and Karin and Mika and Zangief in the story update?

Hmmmm.... So Nash and Bison are gonna die. Necalli is either gonna die or get suppressed in a way where he doesn't cause problems anymore.

But what about people like Laura and Birdie and Karin and Mika and Zangief in the story update?

Ken or Ken and Ryu will merk Bison, then Nec will appear and leave it Ryu vs Nec. As Bison tries to escape, Nash will be on the wreckage of Shadaloo, and they will end up killing each other.

I really think this is Bison's last hurrah, at least until they find some bullshit excuse to bring him back in SF6!

Laura will probably learn the meaning of friendship with Mika, I'm guessing her, Mika, and Gief will be in a wrestling tourny with Mika taking it. We get to fight NPCs, so I'm assuming various wrestlers will be in the bouts.

Birdie is going to be a punching bag but will probably do something heroic at the end. Rashid is going to fuck up FANG real good (and it seems he has a run in with Cammy at some point?). I think Cammy is finally going to fuck up Vega as well.

Zackat

Gief has to still be alive so we can get some of that old man Gief action in the next SF game.

If Mika dies they should buff her in the following patch to make up for the trauma that Mika players had to go through

Give her command grabs 0 recovery frames and add a run up like Zangief's EX command grabs to her CA

If Mika dies they should buff her in the following patch to make up for the trauma that Mika players had to go through

Give her command grabs 0 recovery frames and add a run up like Zangief's EX command grabs to her CA

Nadeshiko is always on screen and mimes her moves like Felicia's Super in MvC2.

Mediking

Ken or Ken and Ryu will merk Bison, then Nec will appear and leave it Ryu vs Nec. As Bison tries to escape, Nash will be on the wreckage of Shadaloo, and they will end up killing each other.

I really think this is Bison's last hurrah, at least until they find some bullshit excuse to bring him back in SF6!

Laura will probably learn the meaning of friendship with Mika, I'm guessing her, Mika, and Gief will be in a wrestling tourny with Mika taking it. We get to fight NPCs, so I'm assuming various wrestlers will be in the bouts.

Birdie is going to be a punching bag but will probably do something heroic at the end. Rashid is going to fuck up FANG real good (and it seems he has a run in with Cammy at some point?). I think Cammy is finally going to fuck up Vega as well.

Gief has to still be alive so we can get some of that old man Gief action in the next SF game.

Everyone dies.

I think it would be great if FANG becomes a good guy in the story update as an act of redemption.

Cammy will fight Vega and will run into Decapre.

Hopefully Laura isn't put into the shadows and actually does something meaningful and exciting. She has potential to be cool and hot at the same time ;)

Birdie will be comedic relief.

Karin will fight for the sake of fighting.

Ken will fight for the sake of fighting.

Ryu will find a way to stop Necalli by turning into Evil Ryu.

Nash will die.

Bison will die or de-materialize.

Mika in a fighting tournament... even though I think she really shined when she was trying to learn a Fireball from Dhalsim. I want more stuff like that from Mika. Her trying stuff outside of her comfort zone.

Dhalsim can discuss things with Chun in how to stop Shadaloo.

A cool time skip at the end of the story update for a tease of SF6 would be truly amazing. Time skip Sakura, Ryu, and pretty much everybody whose worth anything!

I think the top 5 would be...

• Ryu
  • Ken
  • Karin
  • Nash
  • Necalli/Bison

Potential to break into top 5 if buffs and nerfs happen...

• Birdie
  • Cammy
  • Chun
  • Mika
  • FANG
  • Laura
  • Vega
  • Zangief
  • Dhalsim
  • Rashid

Hardest to master:

FANG
No way is Ken top 5 he dropped off fast. Momochi doesn't even play Ken anymore he plays Chun (and lol at Chun not being in top 5).

Nakho

So, my 780 just rose from its ashes! Splurged on money I didn't really have and here I am, playing on training mode and seeing the changes. Game looks pretty fucking sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom