• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkas

Your mom is a slag, come start some shit, CFN in quote tags, send an invite (PS4/UK)

Edit: gonna come back in a few hours and hope connection improves, been having problems.

Producer

no fighting game is perfectly balanced obv, but this one is just so unbalanced. its as bad as this old arcade version of super street fighter 2 turbo where guile could do sonic booms so fast he could have 15 to 20 of them flying at you at any given time, and vega's wall jump air throw would grab you out of almost anything and left him nearly invincible during the entire movement. 3rd strike was solidly balanced. not a single matchup was anywhere near the level of unfairness in this game. going back further, killer instinct 2 was pretty decently balanced, as were marvel v capcom 1 and 2.

***meant to say the most poorly balanced fighting game in my previous post***

Loll this has to be a troll. Cmon.

mbpm1

Still messing with Vega.

Its all fun and games until you fail to predict a jump or get knocked down. He really lives and dies by margins of space control.

So... what do you guys think is gonna happen in the story in the story update????

Is anybody gonna die?

I'm trying to think of something Capcom would do to shock us and make it exciting to watch.... Besides fanservice (which I do want in the update), what can they do in the story to make it exciting?

I'm betting Necalli may kill several main characters from his story.

Am I the only one who thinks grab range should be increased? It's stupid to see Zangief entire arm passing through another Zangief as he steps on his boots. I've seen this too many times in Final Round where both players whiffing throws against each other.

Skilletor

no fighting game is perfectly balanced obv, but this one is just so unbalanced. its as bad as this old arcade version of super street fighter 2 turbo where guile could do sonic booms so fast he could have 15 to 20 of them flying at you at any given time, and vega's wall jump air throw would grab you out of almost anything and left him nearly invincible during the entire movement. 3rd strike was solidly balanced. not a single matchup was anywhere near the level of unfairness in this game. going back further, killer instinct 2 was pretty decently balanced, as were marvel v capcom 1 and 2.

lol. You are awful. Absolutely shit poster. Don't pay attention to the evidence and critiques people offer and continue to post stupid shit.

Awful.

Whales

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks grab range should be increased? It's stupid to see Zangief entire arm passing through another Zangief as he steps on his boots. I've seen this too many times in Final Round where both players whiffing throws against each other.

Grab ranges and utility already feel retarded to me, so i disagree

mbpm1

I thought throws should have been longer for some characters in *SF4.* Always felt weird to see sagats long ass arm just clearly clip through the other character.

Of course, animations, hitboxes, etc.

Baleoce

and again... not gonna bother signing in then. Means I can't queue, but it's probably for the best if it's like this.

So who is everyone's worst personal matchup in this game? Mine are Mika and Laura. I can't seem to keep them out at all, and once they get in it's over for me.

So who is everyone's worst personal matchup in this game? Mine are Mika and Laura. I can't seem to keep them out at all, and once they get in it's over for me.

I have a lot of trouble with Bison and Vega. Nash or a defensive Ryu are tricky for me, too. Laura is either a domination or I'm obliterated.

I've sort of...at least got a grasp on other characters.

Wow. Survival mode normal for Chun was a breeze -- apparently the AI has problems with her df.mk command normal that seems like it's an overhead. As far as I can guess, the AI seems to read your holding down-forward and expects a low. I'm not really good with Chun, but pretty much breezed through the 30 stages by spamming that one command normal mixed with c.hk and some other random normals thrown in. If they got dizzy I would do j.hk > cr.mk > CA.

Does this work on Hard/Hell with her?
Seems like it'd be more consistent than the m.srk strategy with Ken; though I want Ken's colors since I main him...

Murkas

Anyone getting really bad connection these past few hours? Non stop d/c, taking ages to find matches. I don't think this is from my end.

That’s everyone’s worse matches until defense improves.

I don’t really care for characters designed to confuse you, but it’s better than dealing with Elf Fuete and not knowing when to block C.Viper’s burn kicks. Plus we have V-reversal and I think we just had to use that more in these matches and not rely on V-trigger damage as much.

LakeEarth

I went Silver -> Gold with Birdie and had a 0% win rate against Dhalsim. I just couldn't figure out the way to approach him. It's just such a rare match up.

Steroyd

That’s everyone’s worse matches until defense improves.

I don’t really care for characters designed to confuse you, but it’s better than dealing with Elf Fuete and not knowing when to block C.Viper’s burn kicks. Plus we have V-reversal and I think we just had to use that more in these matches and not rely on V-trigger damage as much.

The funny thing about V Trigger is that it builds up really fast, at least the 2 bar v triggerers do, and because the v trigger doesn't transfer into the next round I personally under use it to a shocking degree.

I just hate that Ken army that spamms random stuff and still gets away with it due to how lame and quick he is.. Its like impossible to guess how the low rank Kens will play.

I just hate that Ken army that spamms random stuff and still gets away with it due to how lame and quick he is.. Its like impossible to guess how the low rank Kens will play.
It's still a flowchart.

If you're close to them, expect either a sweep, DP or walkup grab.

If you're not,expect a fireball accompanied with a jump in where the above will start.

FACE

Banned

i6ebggcjk5uokkjkt0.gif

that man said mvc2 ayyy

I went Silver -> Gold with Birdie and had a 0% win rate against Dhalsim. I just couldn't figure out the way to approach him. It's just such a rare match up.

Speaking of rare match-ups I wish I could run into Fang more often, I'm not good at playing it due to inexperience but it was fun the few times I did.

Steroyd

Recently learned how to make them predictable, once they corner themselves they're limited in what can be effective and then they just go yolo at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom