• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
adios cameltoe, we hardly knew ye

luDcNMI.png

1e006ih.png

Surprised no one attempted a hair mod yet after seeing more complaints about that than the cleavage when she was r̶e̶v̶e̶a̶l̶e̶d̶ leaked lol
This whole "covering up" thing is so ridiculous. If you didn't know any better, you'd think SFV's fan base is full of conservative/religious hairstylists.

Fantastic, man. Instantly like her more.
Ucchedavāda;199302600 said:
I looked at the first screen-shot and thought that you still had some work to do, until I realize that it was just her hair clipping through her arm .. Capcom, please.
lmao yeah it's really bad. people think it can be fixed by adding more bones and re-weighing her hair but that's beyond me atm. :p

FluxWaveZ

I actually never saw a cameltoe (or looked closely enough to ever notice), but nice effort regardless. Hopefully she gets alternate outfits that go against the grain of what her current outfits are.

I actually never saw a cameltoe (or looked closely enough to ever notice), but nice effort regardless. Hopefully she gets alternate outfits that go against the grain of what her current outfits are.
Thanks :) yeah I'm super excited for them to start doing costumes because with the business model they're going for there's so much potential for variety.
furry + bikini outfits incoming tho, lbh
I can't be the only one to not see the difference?

@_@
stare into the cameltoe. DO IT
That actually looks so much better it's scary.
Surprised no one attempted a hair mod yet after seeing more complaints about that than the cleavage when she was r̶e̶v̶e̶a̶l̶e̶d̶ leaked lol
Hair modding is hard atm cus of the way the game uses physics and bones and stuff. I think someone DID do a punk haircut for her though!

Does anybody have advice for an R Mika v Karin as a matchup? I am always getting bodied by any Karin I fight online and it's starting to get frustrating.

Edit: And another question - a Zangief just backed me into a corner and used a command throw over and over to kill me. Everything I tried on wake up was cancelled before I could get out of it. There has to be something I can do there, right?

Ame

Holy Crap, I just realized something. Will the DLC characters come with their own Survival and Story?

If so, that reduces the ACTUAL cost of a DLC character by a considerable amount. Almost around 30k EDIT: if you don't do hard or hell.

I don't know about survival, but Alex will get his own story content. That's all they mentioned. He's also excluded from the trials. So far only the base 16 characters have those. I'm guessing you get exp/FM when you complete a character's set of trials.

Baleoce

i'm kind of hoping they go further than outfits and allow you to customize the character for every part of the body.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
ryu's mp is godlike
oh, and heres the problem with just blocking. ryu is the ONLY character in the game with ZERO advantage on block moves. every other character can string near endless attacks together with no punish if blocked. they can insta transition into a throw from any of these attacks AND other than ken, every characters throw range outclasses ryus. so going into turtle mode with ryu on get up doesnt work well. ryu can not quickly transition into a throw from any moves other than his garbage ass stubby pokes. and even then his range is so laughably short.

Baleoce

ryu's mp is godlike

yeah it's definitely one of his best buttons. lots of combo potential. good poke in general. nice to confirm into either cr.HP or st.LK, or another st.MP/cr.MP. depending on spacing you can pretty much choose any confirm route into special and super. special cancellable, v-trigger cancellable. and it's a really versatile button to use immediately after landing a jump in crossup or heavy. you can use it to confirm as a tool into cr.HP to force them from crouching state. so much potential.

Whales

Banned
oh, and heres the problem with just blocking. ryu is the ONLY character in the game with ZERO advantage on block moves. every other character can string near endless attacks together with no punish if blocked. they can insta transition into a throw from any of these attacks AND other than ken, every characters throw range outclasses ryus. so going into turtle mode with ryu on get up doesnt work well. ryu can not quickly transition into a throw from any moves other than his garbage ass stubby pokes. and even then his range is so laughably short.

all ryu can do is turtle. he has zero offensive usefulness unless you can parry everything with 100% success rate while rushing. his moves have zero priority, he has the worst get up move of all the characters who have one, the shortest range on his attacks, the most useless special moves and super art, his v trigger is fucking worthless, using his v skill takes 100000x more skill than other fighters, and his recovery time for everything is just brutally long

I lol'd

yeah it's definitely one of his best buttons. lots of combo potential. good poke in general. nice to confirm into either cr.HP or st.LK, or another st.MP/cr.MP. depending on spacing you can pretty much choose any confirm route into special and super. special cancellable, v-trigger cancellable. and it's a really versatile button to use immediately after landing a jump in crossup or heavy. you can use it to confirm as a tool into cr.HP to force them from crouching state. so much potential.

Yup, its pretty much the move I spam the most now. Linking two mp's into a heavy tatsu ( or even into super) feels so good

you had me for a sec.

Baleoce

Yup, its pretty much the move I spam the most now. Linking two mp's into a heavy tatsu ( or even into super) feels so good

yeah jump lk, st.MP and then a choice of st.MP/cr.MP/cr.MK into Heavy Tatsu is really dirty, cos when they quick rise next to you you can go straight into Axe Kick to catch them pressing buttons on wakeup. It's timed really nicely. or you can end it with Medium Tatsu for a corner carry.

Are peope using Macros so they can use V-trigger skills with one button? Or are they just inputting the commands lightning fast?

Im brand new to fighting games obviously.

Whales

Banned
yeah jump lk, st.MP and then a choice of st.MP/cr.MP/cr.MK into Heavy Tatsu is really dirty, cos when they quick rise next to you you can go straight into Axe Kick to catch them pressing buttons on wakeup. It's timed really nicely. or you can end it with Medium Tatsu for a corner carry.

his mp can link from his j.lk? I tried that shit out like 10 times in training and it wouldn't so I assumed it didn't

It's pretty funny how I didn't like ryu in the betas and at launch and now im addicted to him

Too bad I aint got that hot ryu tho :(

Baleoce

his mp can link from his j.lk? I tried that shit out like 10 times in training and it wouldn't so I assumed it didn't

It's pretty funny how I didn't like ryu in the betas and at launch and now im addicted to him

Too bad I aint got that hot ryu tho :(

yup it works. definitely one of the best routes to go after landing the j.LK. It leads to a lot of different confirm routes depending on your spacing. Another popular quick confirm from j.lk is st.lp x2 into dp

ElFly

Are peope using Macros so they can use V-trigger skills with one button? Or are they just inputting the commands lightning fast?

Im brand new to fighting games obviously.

V-Trigger and V-skills are just two buttons together, and the game let's you configure it to just one button.

It ain't exactly cheating tech.

Whales

Banned
yup it works. definitely one of the best routes to go after landing the j.LK. It leads to a lot of different confirm routes depending on your spacing. Another popular quick confirm from j.lk is st.lp x2 into dp

I wish I could lp into dp, everytime I try to do it I just mash and end up doing a fireball ( or i'm too slow and the dp doesn't combo OR a super comes out.. lol)

The DS4 joystick def. isn't the best controller for quick inputs like that ( or i'm just honestly not very technically good)

Thanks for the tips tho, i'll need to start using his j.lk a lot mroe now!!

Baleoce

I wish I could lp into dp, everytime I try to do it I just mash and end up doing a fireball ( or i'm too slow and the dp doesn't combo OR a super comes out.. lol)

The DS4 joystick def. isn't the best controller for quick inputs like that ( or i'm just honestly not very technically good)

Thanks for the tips tho, i'll need to start using his j.lk a lot mroe now!!

If you find you're getting a fireball instead. when you jump in and land the j.lk, keep holding forward while you're timing your jabs, and go into the SRK motion while you're still holding forward, and the DP should come out.

V-Trigger and V-skills are just two buttons together, and the game let's you configure it to just one button.

It ain't exactly cheating tech.

I meant like Ryus super shinku hadoken , its not two button. You have to use the left analog stick twice then press square. I just dont understand how people were doing it so quickly unless they mapped it to a single button.

Baleoce

I meant like Ryus super shinku hadoken , its not two button. You have to use the left analog stick twice then press square. I just dont understand how people were doing it so quickly unless they mapped it to a single button.

You can buffer the stick motions. And also if you're already doing say a fireball or dp, it effectively halves the motions required, as you've already done one of them for the special input right before it, which cancels into the super.

Whales

Banned
If you find you're getting a fireball instead. when you jump in and land the j.lk, keep holding forward while you're timing your jabs, and go into the SRK motion while you're still holding forward, and the DP should come out.

I will train this. If it does work out my game will be improved like 10x. Thanks a bunch dude!!

Yeah, considering you're new you probably have difficulty doing it quickly. There's no mapping a super into a single button, people just practiced doing it as fast as they can!
Once you get used to it you will too.

As others have said, vets just do it as fast as possible, it's pretty much muscle memory at this point.

But you can mask it with other motions, like if you do ryu's heavy kick, you can input the CA command to "buffer" it. This is also how you'd combo into it.

ElFly

Years of practice?

It isn't a simple move for the guy starting SF, but some people have been doing it for literally 20 years.

In a combo, if it is cancelled from a regular hadoken, you can just do one hadoken more for the super.

In fact I sometimes do Zangief's 720 super by mistake, cause I tried to input a second 360s after the first one was stuffed.

That said, I could see Capcom, in a future SF (that hopefully will exist) drop the double moves and move onto the Marvel system of a single move + 3 buttons for supers, in the name of accessibility.

We already have single move + 2 buttons for Ex, single move + 3 buttons is just natural, and we already have the two extra buttons to map to 3P and 3K for pad players.

Celcius

°Temp. member
So has anyone here beaten hell survival? If so, how did you do it?

Right now I'm just trying the spam shoryuken Ken thing

I did it on PC... just spamming MP shoryuken.

I've had it trying to do it all again on PS4 though. Cpu gives me low health boost only when my health is low lol. Time to buy the season pass and blow my fight money on costumes I guess.

leroidys

What is up with the physics in Unreal Engine games? Every once in a while Mika or Laura's hair will start flying around like the horrible ragdoll physics in Demons' Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom