• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

hoAJAwQ.jpg

Server maintenance on my day off cmon son!

Why can't they do maintenance sometime between 1-10am, are the Capcom server maintenance employees unionized? Or are they not in North America?

Just complaining for the heck of it, actually really looking forward to that update :)

The servers go down 1900-0200 on a day im free from work due to the easter holiday.. Fml.

And there will 101% be patching problems so the maintainence will last forever

np, I had a bit of problem with stMP because it's comboable, so the timing because pretty strict.
For jump ins it's prolly best to jump in with a heavy, st MK, lp/mp grab. st MK isn't comboable and you get a pretty long time to buffer the command.

But ofcourse if they have a 3 frame jab and they mash it, you'll never land it ;P.

edit:

st LP into mp grab will beat karin's 3 frame c LP, problem with this is, st LP only hits standing opponents.

After some testing I found out that the game still considers you being standing even if you crouch after the first standing block. (I seriously had no idea...)
So jump in heavy, st LP, mp grab will beat every single 3 frame lp/lk in the game.
The only things that could beat it are (throw) invincible reversals, jumping or gief's CA.

FluxWaveZ

This was the best match I've ever had as of yet (R. Mika vs. Nash).

I feel like I confronted Nash exactly like a Mika should in that MU. For the first time in a while, I feel like I've improved. Patiently blocking hasn't really been my style, ever.

why does Cammy's face look completely different in that video?

I can't tell but, if that's the case, it's likely beta footage. I'm pretty sure she was one of the faces they had changed throughout the beta phases, along with Ken.

This was the best match I've ever had as of yet (R. Mika vs. Nash).

I feel like I confronted Nash exactly like a Mika should in that MU. For the first time in a while, I feel like I've improved. Patiently blocking hasn't really been my style, ever.

I can't tell but, if that's the case, it's likely beta footage. I'm pretty sure she was one of the faces they had changed throughout the beta phases, along with Ken.
Cool, thanks for the info :) nice match btw!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Nice match dude... I would never have had to patience to block like 7 sonic booms in a row like you lol

Also Nash's english voice is so garbage

I don't know if this is common but I've always found repetitive voice samples in English (my native language) to be profoundly awful. Maybe they're saying equally dumb shit in Japanese, but I definitely don't want to hear a guy say "slice you up" whenever he does a special move. That's probably not the worst example from this game. "Sonic" is tolerable, I guess. Maybe it's phrases that really bother me.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im playing Laura right now and Rashid is becoming a real problem when he corners me, feels like he can just unleash holy hell and theres jack shit I can do about it, any ideas?

jwillenn

It wouldn't matter which gameplay mode you're in, at the VS screen players can make the decision about what music they'd like to hear during the match. For example, in a Ken VS Nash match, press and hold LEFT during the VS screen to select Ken's theme. Press and hold RIGHT to hear Nash's theme during match. If you want to hear the stage music, do neither as that would be the default. BOOM! That's how you give the players options and satisfy them quickly!

*stuffs this message into whiskey bottle, chucks it into the ocean, and hopes someone with pull gets it*

Whales

Banned
Okay, opinions sure, but... that's like, objectively wrong >.>

Compared to his JAP voice it's pretty bad. "Slice you up"

Altho in this game and sf4 jap voices were also much much better too. I wouldn't mind if capcom stopped translating their jap VAs. There are rare cases like mika and cammy where the ENG voice sounds good but it's rare..
I don't know if this is common but I've always found repetitive voice samples in English (my native language) to be profoundly awful. Maybe they're saying equally dumb shit in Japanese, but I definitely don't want to hear a guy say "slice you up" whenever he does a special move. That's probably not the worst example from this game. "Sonic" is tolerable, I guess. Maybe it's phrases that really bother me.

I agree. The most annoying is probably "BOOM" from laura lol

Durden77

So maintenance will be over around 8PM EST?

I was holding out some hope that we'd get the update sometime after midnight even though I knew there was no way. But at least that's right when I get off work.

Hope it doesn't break everything, cause I'm lookin forward to it a ton.

LegendX48

Compared to his JAP voice it's pretty bad. "Slice you up"

Altho in this game and sf4 jap voices were also much much better too. I wouldn't mind if capcom stopped translating their jap VAs. There are rare cases like mika and cammy where the ENG voice sounds good but it's rare..

I agree. The most annoying is probably "BOOM" from laura lol

eh, I'm actually the opposite for both games. The only Jap voice that sounds consistently good is Ryu's, the rest I feel are vastly superior in English. Cammy's japanese voice especially is horrid.

Durden77

Nice match dude... I would never have had to patience to block like 7 sonic booms in a row like you lol

Also Nash's english voice is so garbage

His English voice is fine, it's just some of the stuff they have him say which is dumb.

"Cut you!"

"Slice you up!"

But when he actually says his move names he sounds great. And his "too easy!" Is good.

I'm so close to Ultra Gold. Just need 60 points more. And I'm riding on a 30 win streak so I'm definitely feeling myself :D

Edit: And of course I get matched to a platinum Birdie.

Second Edit: I beat him. Feeling myself X100000

Whales

Banned
eh, I'm actually the opposite for both games. The only Jap voice that sounds consistently good is Ryu's, the rest I feel are vastly superior in English. Cammy's japanese voice especially is horrid.

Hey, we're conplete opposites lol

How about ken? You can't tell me his horrible english VA is better than JAP with a straight face

His English voice is fine, it's just some of the stuff they have him say which is dumb.

"Cut you!"

"Slice you up!"

But when he actually says his move names he sounds great. And his "too easy!" Is good.

Thats it, in JAP you can't hear him say that stupid shit so it already feels better to me straight away.

Maybe i'm weird

FluxWaveZ

Laura says the dumbest stuff.

I've never understood why she opens the match by saying "Boom! That's how you start a match and finish it quickly!" What do you mean "finish it quickly"? The match just started. And what are you saying by "that's how you start/finish a match"? You haven't even done anything! I don't get it.

Mika's is the best. "I'll kick your ass!" Succinct. To the point.

Is it weird I'm playing better drunk than I normally play sober? Maybe my lack of reactions makes me better at not "pressing buttons" or maybe I'm over-compensating for the fact I have no reactions and it's making me swole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom