• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

Laura says the dumbest stuff.

I've never understood why she opens the match by saying "Boom! That's how you start a match and finish it quickly!" What do you mean "finish it quickly"? The match just started. And what are you saying by "that's how you start/finish a match"? You haven't even done anything! I don't get it.

Mika's is the best. "I'll kick your ass!" Succinct. To the point.

I can agree with this. I like her voice but her actual lines/dialogue are dumb.

Compared to his JAP voice it's pretty bad. "Slice you up"

Altho in this game and sf4 jap voices were also much much better too. I wouldn't mind if capcom stopped translating their jap VAs. There are rare cases like mika and cammy where the ENG voice sounds good but it's rare..

I agree. The most annoying is probably "BOOM" from laura lol
Just do like they did with 3rd Strike and have the Western characters speak in English and the rest in Japanese.

DESTROY
KILL

At ease, loosuh

One, two, uppercut!!

Outta my way!

eh, I'm actually the opposite for both games. The only Jap voice that sounds consistently good is Ryu's, the rest I feel are vastly superior in English. Cammy's japanese voice especially is horrid.
Laura is terrible in English and Zangief, though he tries, is still pretty bad anime-ish. FANG in particular is very bad animu voicing in his English set.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Cause M.Bison's lk scissor kick is -4 on block and Laura's cr.mp is 5 frames. Unless Bison tries to go for a button or something, Bison can block it. Granted, he can't avoid it so if he does block it's better to go for light elbow but still.

You right, you right. Perhaps whenever I do that they're always trying for buttons after scissors.

Looks like both her light punches and kicks are 4 frames, so I guess you could technically get those in? c.lp > c.lp to create a bit of breathing room, and c.lk > c.lk x light elbow for a cheap bnb.

FluxWaveZ

http://youtu.be/638aITGPTpg

I really hate this character. How does Cammy fight Laura?

You were doing alright in Round 1, but the Crush Counter after that really risky Cannon Spike set things back by a lot. I'd advise relying on it less. The same almost happened in Round 2 when you got Crush Countered, but the Laura didn't follow through.

You weren't attempting enough throws, in general. Cammy can get real tricky with that crap. Instead, you'd usually do an aerial cannon strike into a block string. After realizing your attacks were getting blocked, you would then slightly back away, resetting the flow of the game to neutral when you want to keep on the offense. Or you'd go for that other aerial cannon strike, only for everything to get blocked again. Seeing how much Laura was blocking, a bunch of throws definitely would have taken her off-guard.

But you won there, so it's not as though that match was a disaster.

SlimXx

That's Nadeshiko talking, not Mika. And it's a mistranslation. In Japanese, Nadeshiko is telling Mika to get in there and kick some ass. In English, for some reason, they translated it to Nadeshiko saying that she's going to kick ass.

FluxWaveZ

That's Nadeshiko talking, not Mika. And it's a mistranslation. In Japanese, Nadeshiko is telling Mika to get in there and kick some ass. In English, for some reason, they translated it to Nadeshiko saying that she's going to kick ass.

Wait... really!? But the one saying the first line sounds so much like Mika. Actually, does Nadeshiko also say something during Mika's EX Typhoon?

Xeteh

This was the best match I've ever had as of yet (R. Mika vs. Nash).

I feel like I confronted Nash exactly like a Mika should in that MU. For the first time in a while, I feel like I've improved. Patiently blocking hasn't really been my style, ever.

I can't tell but, if that's the case, it's likely beta footage. I'm pretty sure she was one of the faces they had changed throughout the beta phases, along with Ken.

That was an awesome match. At the end of the first round were you hoping he'd jump or was the EX Wingless to just gtfo of the corner?

FluxWaveZ

That was an awesome match. At the end of the first round were you hoping he'd jump or was the EX Wingless to just gtfo of the corner?

That was just to get the hell out of there. Though, I also hoped it would catch him since it seems that the emergency EX WA has caught people jumping more than a few times.

Xeteh

That was just to get the hell out of there. Though, I also hoped it would catch him since it seems that the emergency EX WA has caught people jumping more than a few times.

That's what I figured. You weren't joking about being patient, either. It seemed to throw the Nash off that he ended up being the one that came at you a couple times.

LegendX48

Playing more Laura, just found out you can just use standing mk to hit birdie out of his diving grab, you can also use heavy bolt but you have to be very fast or it'll fail, mk seems more reliable. However, it doesn't seem to work on the ex version. Gotta play around with this some more.

I just did Normal survival with ryu, and I mashed mp srk all the way thru. It worked pretty well except one time

Are you using the MP version? I think it only works with that one

Normal won't give you the bs shenanigans that the AI is capable of. Normal for me is easy, but hard on the other hand is just 20-30 boring minutes of brain dead AI until you hit dictator at 33 (unless one of the earlier stages throws a shitfit on you like Laura at 28 or even chun at 15). Where it becomes a real frustration is starting at 42 with Laura. Anyone there or after has the ability to just go super saiyan on me and waste the last hour of 30+ minutes of my time.

Make sure you are using MP srk, also just keep doing it, even if you are getting comboed.
Also when you knock them down, rush them to the corner as fast as you can, I've noticed cpu like FANG doing a lot of counter pokes if they have enough spacing.
Also just use your meter when you can, ex srk/CA are about equally as effective.

Also for bison it's best to just jump at him with mk, then combo mp into mp srk until you get him in the corner, then just spam the srk.
Did it first try no problems (cept cammy/laura cause they are bitches)

I've tried it that way on hard and had 0 luck in the 40s, even when using fight requests to save me. I've tried using j.mp to approach like some YT videos. I've tried using the neutral j.fp bnb combo. I've tried turtling. Nothing works. The cpu basically gives me the finger and tells me to eff off. I have webms of it even. Decimate Ryu on 41, then take on Laura on 42 with good health and supplement and just get bodied.

I've never understood why she opens the match by saying "Boom! That's how you start a match and finish it quickly!" What do you mean "finish it quickly"? The match just started. And what are you saying by "that's how you start/finish a match"? You haven't even done anything! I don't get it.

I mean.. laura can end the match pretty quickly

Mediking

Another bizarre thing we need a future update to fix. We need a future update to fix that AND clipping.

Playing more Laura, just found out you can just use standing mk to hit birdie out of his diving grab, you can also use heavy bolt but you have to be very fast or it'll fail, mk seems more reliable. However, it doesn't seem to work on the ex version. Gotta play around with this some more.
Why wouldn't you just neutral jump instead?

I snuck a win off of you with Laura.
Hit me up anytime for a rematch!

I lost to two Laura's I think one with 3400 LP and another with 4000 I think. Not sure which one you were. But yeah, I'd love to get some sets. If I seemed way too aggressive in our match, it's because I've had my way with most Laura's I've run into. Since she has no reversals I just try to bully her whenever I have a chance.

On another note, I faced 3 Birdie's(and I did win them all) and the story of those games is jump LK. I just abused the hell out of it whenever I was in the right range. Which is typically right over the top of their head or barely crossing up. It stuffed Birdie's cr. MP like 90% of the time. It was funny because those guys basically scrambled to stay out of the range I wanted to jump in at. I think I love the Birdie match up now, well at least until I face one that can anti air me consistently.

Matches where I sigh with relief when I see them:
-Zangief
-Birdie
-Karin

Matches where I'm shitting my pants when I see them:
-Chun
-Sim
-Laura
-Mika

Mediking

Collectors doesn't come with costumes right? Is there any way to get a Cammy costume at this point?

I have a Battle Costume Cammy because I preordered the Collector's Edition from Best Buy. If you didn't preorder the it from Best Buy then you can't get it for free.

UNLESS... you email Best Buy and pretend as if you should have got a Battle Costume Cammy code.

I, uh, sort've plan on pretending I should have got a Battle Costume Chun from Sony soon....

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Fucking matchmaking in this game, the more BP I lose, the higher my opponents BP gets

Opto

Banned
Climbed my ass back to 700+ LP.

I think Mika and Laura don't have great voice actors in either language. Everyone else is pretty solid English wise, but of course I set Bison and Ryu to Japanese

I lost to two Laura's I think one with 3400 LP and another with 4000 I think. Not sure which one you were. But yeah, I'd love to get some sets. If I seemed way too aggressive in our match, it's because I've had my way with most Laura's I've run into. Since she has no reversals I just try to bully her whenever I have a chance.

On another note, I faced 3 Birdie's(and I did win them all) and the story of those games is jump LK. I just abused the hell out of it whenever I was in the right range. Which is typically right over the top of their head or barely crossing up. It stuffed Birdie's cr. MP like 90% of the time. It was funny because those guys basically scrambled to stay out of the range I wanted to jump in at. I think I love the Birdie match up now, well at least until I face one that can anti air me consistently.

Yeah, I was one of those. Your aggression was completely warranted. One of the best ways to shut her down is to stay on top of her.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think the nuance of the Japanese carries into English too well.

Rough transliteration: ブーン!って初めてパパって終らせちゃうよ!
Personally, I would have translated it as "Start the match with a bang and finish it quick!"

"Bang" here could also be interpreted as a "zoom", "whoosh", or "buzzing" sound, which kind of suits her speed and electricity.

... Just in case anyone cares!

FluxWaveZ

Personally, I would have translated it as "Start the match with a bang and finish it quick!"

"Bang" here could also be interpreted as a "zoom", "whoosh", or "buzzing" sound, which kind of suits her speed and electricity.

That makes a lot more sense; definitely a mistranslation going on there, then.

SlimXx

My choice for a translation was, "I'll finish this fight in a flash!"

She has lightning powers, and who doesn't like alliteration.

ElFly

So I guess we don't get an Alex trailer at all?

Maybe on wednesday itself but it's looking like the marketing budget has been used up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom