• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a couple days, but you'd think they'd have a trailer before he releases. It's just ...weird. I guess we'll get Alex Launch trailer instead.

FluxWaveZ

It's only a couple days, but you'd think they'd have a trailer before he releases. It's just ...weird. I guess we'll get Alex Launch trailer instead.

No guarantee that there'll be any trailer. Like someone said, it could be that the marketing budget reserved for that kind of stuff doesn't allow for one to be made.

I've tried it that way on hard and had 0 luck in the 40s, even when using fight requests to save me. I've tried using j.mp to approach like some YT videos. I've tried using the neutral j.fp bnb combo. I've tried turtling. Nothing works. The cpu basically gives me the finger and tells me to eff off. I have webms of it even. Decimate Ryu on 41, then take on Laura on 42 with good health and supplement and just get bodied.

Weird, I'd just do the srk till it knocks them down and then just rush them to the corner, then it's pretty much game over.

Opto

Banned
No guarantee that there'll be any trailer. Like someone said, it could be that the marketing budget reserved for that kind of stuff doesn't allow for one to be made.

That's really weird though. Other than some small stuff, the reveal trailers are just gameplay without the hub.

Just checked my messages on PSN and some dude sent me a message telling me to stop lag switching. Shit is annoying considering how horrible a time I have with ranked SFV. I've only got enough energy to get pissed at this game, not to cheat and ragequit my way through it.

I swear every game feels like it gets laggy after the first round, anyone else feel this?

I find myself constantly thinking "Oh this guy is alt tabbing now"

leroidys

Been watching a player with the PC version stream lately... man the game looks much better there. Kind of regretting getting the season pass for the PS4 version. Sucks that there's no DLC crossbuy.

myco666

Seriously who the hell thought this survival shit is good. Just got to 49 on hard and lost and now I have to climb all those piss easy stages again which takes almost half an hour. Why can't I start immediately from stage 30 or 40? Just fuck this mode.

kirblar

Seriously who the hell thought this survival shit is good. Just got to 49 on hard and lost and now I have to climb all those piss easy stages again which takes almost half an hour. Why can't I start immediately from stage 30 or 40? Just fuck this mode.
They need to put some sort of full rebuy in to make it easier for people to merely finish it and get the colors/FM.

I use the Vulcan grip (stick between middle and ring finger) most of the time. I switch it to between index and middle from time to time, though.

This stick stuff. XD

That's the same grip I've been using.
Recently I tried tried switching to an open grib (kinda like holding a bottle) and it's working out quite nicely for me. But yeah. :)

played against some guy recently, checo0016, he rage-quit after losing the first round. you can tell he's a rage-quitter because almost all of his matches on record are victories.

For fun, I tried a Sanwa bat top. After 30 mins, I switched back.

I don't even know how I managed with bat tops and those happy convex buttons in SF2 days in the arcade.

myco666

They need to put some sort of full rebuy in to make it easier for people to merely finish it and get the colors/FM.

Continue for 100k or 200k points would be great. Also having the ability to always buy any of the health recoveries instead of it being tied to RNG. Have been very lucky with those as I got only high and full health recoveries in stages 40-50. Still sucks when you get low health recovery when you have pixel of health left.

Patch coming out today right? Will it be an actual game patch or something within the game like the Beta had?

They've been updating their Steam depots (file repositories) quite frequently, which suggests that they are at using Steam for delivering the PC patch. Which makes sense, since Valve shoulders the burden of providing bandwidth in that case. So I wouldn't be surprised if both PC and PS4 make use of the respective platform specific patching mechanisms.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Patch coming out today right? Will it be an actual game patch or something within the game like the Beta had?
They're actually changing some things about the game, has to be a real Steam/PSN downloaded patch this time. I don't think there were any Alex files in the game yet, either. So it's not just an unlock.

They're actually changing some things about the game, has to be a real Steam/PSN downloaded patch this time. I don't think there were any Alex files in the game yet, either. So it's not just an unlock.

The game had a 200+ MB patch during one of the betas, which was downloaded through the SFV client itself. So it is not just unlocks that can be distributed that way. It remains to be seen if they will make use of this feature again, though I am not sure what they intend to actually use that functionality for, considering that both the PS4 and Steam can handle it.

Ucchedavāda;199411606 said:
The game had a 200+ MB patch during one of the betas, which was downloaded through the SFV client itself. So it is not just unlocks that can be distributed that way. It remains to be seen if they will make use of this feature again, though I am not sure what they intend to actually use that functionality for, considering that both the PS4 and Steam can handle it.
Perhaps balance changes and content delivery for future characters. They needed to add additional fuctionality for Alex but if future characters don't need a separate update then they could just deliver it all in-game.

The biggest advantage of this would be that the Sony patch certification process wouldn't become such a big issue, I believe.

Perhaps balance changes and content delivery for future characters. They needed to add additional fuctionality for Alex but if future characters don't need a separate update then they could just deliver it all in-game.

The biggest advantage of this would be that the Sony patch certification process wouldn't become such a big issue, I believe.

That could be.

To what extend does Sony allow you to bypass their certification process in this manner? If I recall correctly, MKX used a system like this for balance changes, but I don't recall if they used it for other contents.

But on Steam they can pretty much push updates through whenever they want, as far as I know, making this feature seem a bit redundant on that platform.

Ucchedavāda;199415622 said:
That could be.

To what extend does Sony allow you to bypass their certification process in this manner? If I recall correctly, MKX used a system like this for balance changes, but I don't recall if they used it for other contents.

But on Steam they can pretty much push updates through whenever they want, as far as I know, making this feature seem a bit redundant on that platform.
Yeah, Steam is very lax on it's patching policies so this mainly helps them on the PS4 front.

The thing is that like a lot of things in this game, they were thinking long-term. Right now, they have to patch in the functionality for this but in future, they could do any and all updates through the in-game patching system.

If they do it correctly, the only updates that they'd have push out through PSN/Steam could be hotfixes and adding entirely new functionality.

The biggest benefit is that all the updates can be pushed out simultaneously on both platforms as soon as they deem it ready.
Perhaps they really are pushing for the whole "one copy of the game will last you for it's lifetime" deal.

And I don't think MKX used it for anything more than balance changes.

Hex

Banned
Are they ever going to let you earn fm from survival and What not offline?

You do earn FM from Survival mode and Story mode.

Edit: Oh not logged in? Too sketchy even on PS4. It would pretty much have to create a file that someone would find a way to fuck with.

Tizoc

GG Xrd lets you gain 'FM' while offline, why Capcom couldn't do this for this game is beyond me.
Hell the dang concept was used in various Fighters bfore now and they didn't need to rely on being online.
Hell the entire game being designed so tightly to its online component is bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom