• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. I'm really not happy with my footsies. In that I have NONE of them. I turtle until I can do a combo, I never make a combo happen. I'm not confident in my pressure at all, I rely entirely on the Mika Vortex and no one actually falls for that.

It's hard to train it against the CPU and when I get into a Casual match my switch flips and I just start going for combos again. With the update tomorrow I can rope folks in for training but does anyone have any suggestions?

Is something wrong with your ability to play online or something? I'd be willing to play with you right now. I'll make a lobby, just leave your name here.

Is something wrong with your ability to play online or something? I'd be willing to play with you right now. I'll make a lobby, just leave your name here.

Not necessarily, just my usual group of doofs is taking a break from the game. I'm not at my desk at the moment but I will be later on if you were still willing to try!

Rektash

They've been so good at communicating times and dates that the exact time it's dropping is
lol j/k

Ain't nobody got time for that. The three and a half people that are still working on this are way too busy trying to get the zenny shop up and running!

Rektash

Bisons slide annoys me in SF V.

It is way harder to react to than other Street Fighter games since the whole game is zoomed in so much. One second he is on the other side of the screen, the other second you are on the ground crying.

Kinda the same thing with dashes beeing so good in this game, despite them having worse framedata than SF IV. Everything seems to be happening a lot faster since the game is zoomed in more.

I've had several people drop on me at the start of the match. I think they might be assuming I'm a rage quitter just based off my win streak. Kind of fucked up if true.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda the same thing with dashes beeing so good in this game, despite them having worse framedata than SF IV. Everything seems to be happening a lot faster since the game is zoomed in more.
That's still something I don't understand. Why do dashes feel so much better in this game?

Rektash

That's still something I don't understand. Why do dashes feel so much better in this game?

The actual camera is closer to the characters in this game meaning you are fighting on a smaller playfield. Now that means dashes cover a lot more space in comparison to for example SF IV.

Durden77

I fucking hate Laura with every single fucking fiber in my being.

I literally don't remember that last one I've beat over Silver league.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Thanks for the matches. I'm still flustered when in the corner by a good Mika.

Is Nash's V-Trigger a good escape if you use the vertical version instead of just teleporting behind her? I think the crush counter caught you every time on the horizontal one.

You can try the V-Reversal as an escape option most of the time instead. It's susceptible to throws but only costs half the meter.

If the couple of tests that have been run are to be believed, then SFV has several frames of input lag above what we saw in SFIV on both PC and PS4 (down to about 1 addtional frame, on PC, depending on settings), which may help explain why some things are harder to react to.

Is Nash's V-Trigger a good escape if you use the vertical version instead of just teleporting behind her? I think the crush counter caught you every time on the horizontal one.

You can try the V-Reversal as an escape option most of the time instead. It's susceptible to throws but only costs half the meter.
Ok I'll try that from now on. Yeah you got me with that crush every time. I get tunnel vision when under pressure.

I've never used a V-reversal lol. I'll have to start using it for sure. Mika is so dangerous in the corner that it's a must from here on out.

Trickster

What am I doing wrong with Mika when I'm fighting Bison and try to do the c.mp anti air again his flying stuff? I've seen plenty people say it works absolutely fine, but I can never seem to get it to work, are there multiple factors that decide when it work and when it doesnt?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The actual camera is closer to the characters in this game meaning you are fighting on a smaller playfield.

Are you sure this is true?

SF5
sf5.jpg

Arcade SF4
ssf4ae_hudarcade.png

Console SF4
ssf4ae_huddefault.png

The layout of the screen seems almost identical between SF5 and arcade SF4. Console SF4 had its default HUD moved in closer to the screen due to overscan guidelines that were in place at the time, which might be screwing with your perception somehow. (It also had a toggle option to pick between the two layouts.)

Rektash

Are you sure this is true?

Well, looking at those screens it certainly doesn't look that way!

The layout of the screen seems almost identical between SF5 and arcade SF4. Console SF4 had its default HUD moved in closer to the screen due to overscan guidelines that were in place at the time, which might be screwing with your perception somehow. (It also had a toggle option to pick between the two layouts.)

Yep the difference in interface size probably screwed with my perception there.

Ucchedavāda;199370124 said:
If the couple of tests that have been run are to be believed, then SFV has several frames of input lag above what we saw in SFIV on both PC and PS4 (down to about 1 addtional frame, on PC, depending on settings), which may help explain why some things are harder to react to.

This could be the case. Time will tell I guess!

KingBroly

Banned
What settings cause SF5 to have additional input lag on PC?

So...I decided to finally learn Dhalsim's inputs...man, he doesn't have a lot. But he sure has a lot more ways to fuck with people than Cammy despite having less moves.

So I just beat a silver Vega, pretty much no problem with Nash but the next game, eek out a close match against a super bronze Ken.

This game...

Rektash

The wait for the store update is menacing.

Do we even know what exactly will be available to buy on release? Story mode customes? Colors? Anything else?

I hope so, since a lot of the storymode costumes are pretty lackluster. On the other hand, as long as I get a pink dress for Karin I am satisfied.

FluxWaveZ

I've been matched against 3 different Silver players in a row, who all rage quit. I get that the matchmaking is borked but... come on.

Ok, I found a solution to Nash'es Moonsault Scythe'ing in the opening of the match, at least as Necalli: Standing hard-punch beats it clean if you press that button preemptively. And what do you know, it worked perfectly on the first Nash I met.

Sadly, they still beat me, and blocked me from getting into silver.

Wooo, reached silver for the first time!

And appropriately enough, it was a Necalli mirror match that took me over the threshold.
Getepe!

But I really need to study and up my game; there are just so many fundamental deficiencies in my game-play.

Trickster

Do we even know what exactly will be available to buy on release? Story mode customes? Colors? Anything else?

I hope so, since a lot of the storymode costumes are pretty lackluster. On the other hand, as long as I get a pink dress for Karin I am satisfied.

Doubt there's gonna be other costumes for sale than the story mode ones. On account of them not having the real money system ready. But in general we know jack shit about the actual content that will be there on day 1 of the store.

We just know the categories from that video thing. Which are "character", "alternative costumes", "color", "stage", "titles" and "fighter profile"

On an unrelated note. Is there any way to unlock color slots despite not having earned all the colors from the survival mode? I'm asking in regards to using color mods and such. Downloaded a color mod for mika with 8 or 10 colors. But since I haven't completed hard, I only have 1-6 of the colors

LegendX48

So I just beat a silver Vega, pretty much no problem with Nash but the next game, eek out a close match against a super bronze Ken.

This game...

Stuff like this is such a regular occurrence it's downright bizarre... except I pretty much always lose to the bronze Ken's >.>

Stuff like this is such a regular occurrence it's downright bizarre... except I pretty much always lose to the bronze Ken's >.>

I've found that most bronze Ken's are easy to deal with as long as you just block, anti-air, walk them into the corner, and let them kill themselves. Oh, and never press buttons on their wake-up. Never!

The dash discussion above made me realize since I got a stick I never dash anymore because of how unnatural it feels for me to do that input. Definitely gotta break that habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom