• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that would help immensely. It's a bit ridiculous that you have to utilize matchmaking as a 'save me' button.

I've spitballed this before and came up with a few solid ideas, but capcom probably won't tweak survival anyway.

Among them were things like unlocking stages to restart at as milestones. Even if it was only every 25 stages or so, going from 26-4x before I get my clock cleaned by rage inducing perfect play AI, it's better than restarting at stage 1.

Others include continues costing a percentage (or even just a high price) of your score. There are definitely ways they could improve it and make it less frustrating but none of it will profit them anything so I doubt we'll see any changes.

-----

Garrett, where can I download your mod work? I want hot Ken (without the beard if possible)!!

joe2187

Banned
Oh god, I decided to play some SF4 because the SFV servers are down.

635830721288670260-428591128_image.jpg

playing SFV has made me shit at SF4

Tirael

Hey, cut Capcom some slack.

I'm sure they'll fix the issues quickly when it does.

Oh absolutely.

Honestly, in ten years, once Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is ready to come out, I fear for how badly it'll be treated. Especially when you see how they treat their number 1 franchise.

LakeEarth

Exactly, you have one of the best AAs right here.
THIS is (one of the many reasons) why Infiltration is a machine, he does not over do it.
He uses the Cr + MP (I think it is?) for Nash's anti air like a laser.
Nash has fancier options, but why?
Birdie has the hair of doom, use it.

Yeah, when Nash teleports, a Birdie should just d.mp. Did he teleport above you? It'll work. Teleport cross-up? It'll work. Grounded cross up? Could work depending on distance.

Had a goofy, SF-inspired idea for a t-shirt last night. Wouldn't call myself an artist by any means, I ended up putting something together anyway. It's a bit minimalist and I can't really improve it further, but I figured it was worth sharing anyway.

Move the text up or down and I'd wear that in a heartbeat. I love shit like this.

Hold up
Is the minimum damage Supers in this game do 50% even if the scaling goes as low as 10%?

no, there isn't a single super that does 50% damage, even if you factor in low health characters like Karin, they are more along the line of 35-45% depending on how much health your opponent has.

Number45

no, there isn't a single super that does 50% damage, even if you factor in low health characters like Karin, they are more along the line of 35-45% depending on how much health your opponent has.
Just watching the NCR pools and Ultradavid specifically says that they always do 50 of THEIR damage, so it's as I suggested above - they don't scale any lower than 50% regardless of the setup.

EDIT: For clarification I'm agreeing with you, just quoting because yours is the last comment.

I feel like Nash and Bison are up there but I don't know shit about frame data and am kind of talking out of my ass. Maybe Rashid too?
Rashid has some shit frametraps. He has some good ones too, but nothing to brag about.

Bison on the other hand is an absolute beast in that regard.

Xeteh

I've fought like... 3 Bisons in my entire online

he doesn't seem super popular, at least in Bronze

I'm really surprised by that. He seems like the type of character that can be strong with a couple basic combos but I guess charge characters aren't everyone's cup of tea. I actually kind of dig'm but in SF4 using a charge ultra was super hard for me on pad so I never bothered to use them. I used Chun's 2xqcf ultra when I played her.

I feel like Nash and Bison are up there but I don't know shit about frame data and am kind of talking out of my ass. Maybe Rashid too?

Rashid has some shit frametraps. He has some good ones too, but nothing to brag about.

Bison on the other hand is an absolute beast in that regard.

Oh yeah I forgot about Bison. Yeah I think him and Nash are the best. They both have a +3 heavy attack, and 6 frame mediums. But Nash also has a 5 frame B.MK, which he can use from his +2 Cr.MP to blow through 3F jab characters who try to interrupt his pressure.

I'm such a frame data nerd lmao

Whales

Banned
I'm really surprised by that. He seems like the type of character that can be strong with a couple basic combos but I guess charge characters aren't everyone's cup of tea. I actually kind of dig'm but in SF4 using a charge ultra was super hard for me on pad so I never bothered to use them. I used Chun's 2xqcf ultra when I played her.

Bison's CA isn't a charge motion in this game tho if you didn't know

Bison is fun, but yeah playing charge chars with a pad feels really hard. Much easier to do with stick of of the square gate allowing yiu to know exactly wheres down back

Hm, I guess I can put it to a vote. I'll leave these three options here and I can put whichever one you guys like best up on a site.
The third one (where Muscle spirit is at the bottom) is best IMO.

Bison is fun, but yeah playing charge chars with a pad feels really hard. Much easier to do with stick of of the square gate allowing yiu to know exactly wheres down back
Comes down to preferences though. There are pro players who play charge characters with pad (like Nuckledu) and I personally almost exclusively play charge characters with a DS4.

Yeah, he does seem like a reasonably good character, but I guess there's just other chars that people are more into. :p
Hm, I guess I can put it to a vote. I'll leave these three options here and I can put whichever one you guys like best up on a site.
One thing to consider: different body types will make different parts of the shirt bulge so it's a good idea to put the text somewhere that isn't likely to distort too much - like the upper chest.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Waiting for the patch like: ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... "Oh, Chun-Li's police outfit isn't up yet despite being on the disc for a month and should be free in the first place?" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Waiting for the patch like: ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... "Oh, Chun-Li's police outfit isn't up yet despite being on the disc for a month and should be free in the first place?" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
And even that outfits's coming on March 30th, not in 5 hours!

still pissed about the story outfit situation

what a joke

people say stuff like "oh well just get the outfits for your mains" but for local play it can be really nice to have multiple outfits available for all characters.
And even that outfits's coming on March 30th, not in 5 hours!
What? Really? I thought it was just Alex that was coming on the 30th but the shop today? Ugh.

I look forward to the scheduled breakdown in matchmaking, like every other time.

still pissed about the story outfit situation

what a joke

people say stuff like "oh well just get the outfits for your mains" but for local play it can be really nice to have multiple outfits available for all characters.

What? Really? I thought it was just Alex that was coming on the 30th but the shop today? Ugh.
NOPE! Today we get 8 player lobbies, bug fixes,OS removal, challenges/trials and probably the infrastructure for the shop.

"The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

Alex + related character story content
In-Game Shop
Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each)."

One thing to consider: different body types will make different parts of the shirt bulge so it's a good idea to put the text somewhere that isn't likely to distort too much - like the upper chest.

Good point. I might have to go with that one then, though it covers up the chest hair a bit.

Moaradin

Wait, we're actually getting character story for Alex? I thought the DLC characters weren't getting those. So will we get a story costume for him as well?

Wait, we're actually getting character story for Alex? I thought the DLC characters weren't getting those. So will we get a story costume for him as well?
We'll definitely be getting a premium costume, not sure of story alt. It's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just watching the NCR pools and Ultradavid specifically says that they always do 50 of THEIR damage, so it's as I suggested above - they don't scale any lower than 50% regardless of the setup.

EDIT: For clarification I'm agreeing with you, just quoting because yours is the last comment.

Doesn't seem like it:

And it's not just a visual thing either, I got it as far down as doing only like 120 damage with the super, that's far below 50%.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused about this CA discussion. The CA itself never scales below 50% of its base damage, no matter the scaling of the combo, is how I understand it. What's the other interpretation you're talking about?

mbpm1

I'm confused about this CA discussion. The CA itself never scales below 50% of its based damage, no matter the scaling of the combo, is how I understand it. What's the other interpretation you're talking about?

But apparently that's not true either

Doesn't seem like it:

And it's not just a visual thing either, I got it as far down as doing only like 120 damage with the super, that's far below 50%.

Xeteh

Oh yeah, I know.

I messed around with Bison a bit but characters with slow movement throw me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom