• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here, listening to Maya's theme from Killer Instinct and My God, it's so much better for Laura than what Capcom made for Laura.

Considering how she has such an energetic and "bubbly" personality, they could've made her theme more faster-paced and energetic too.

I'm sitting here, listening to Maya's theme from Killer Instinct and My god, it's so much better for Laura than what Capcom made for Laura.

Considering how she has such an energetic and "bubbly" personality, they could've made her theme more faster-paced and energetic too.
You mean you don't like whatever the fuck that instrument is supposed to be at the beginning? Watch out lucebuce.

Renekton

I'm sitting here, listening to Maya's theme from Killer Instinct and My God, it's so much better for Laura than what Capcom made for Laura.

So I gave it a shot... sounds like some FIFA world cup theme mixed with a bit of Tekken.

myco666

GG Xrd lets you gain 'FM' while offline, why Capcom couldn't do this for this game is beyond me.
Hell the dang concept was used in various Fighters bfore now and they didn't need to rely on being online.
Hell the entire game being designed so tightly to its online component is bonkers

Xrd didn't let you buy characters with that money though. FM has real world value tied to it so it has to be managed server side.

Tizoc

Xrd didn't let you buy characters with that money though. FM has real world value tied to it so it has to be managed server side.

There were unlockables such as music and Sin was unlocked when u had 200K ingame currency, who can also be bought.
Basically make it so u can gain it offline then sync with servers.

mbpm1

Is Vega's V-Trigger hit- and throw invincible?

Definitely not hit invincible. Doubt it will be throw invincible either.

To my knowledge there are no v-triggers which bestow actual invincibility on activation. I've hit a few with meaty attacks for trying.

LakeEarth

Shit, there's scheduled maintenance today? Shit, I had all afternoon to play. I guess I'll just have to make the most out of the next hour or so.

There were unlockables such as music and Sin was unlocked when u had 200K ingame currency, who can also be bought.
Basically make it so u can gain it offline then sync with servers.

You're still missing the point.

If you play offline, you can use trainers.
If you use trainers, you can easily beat Hard/Hell with everybody.
16 x 30k (10k per hard survival, 20k per hell survival) = 480k
This doesn't include level up bonuses to FM, just the straight up reward money for completing survival with each character.
If each DLC character costs $6 (projected based on previous zenny knowledge) or 100k fight money, by the time you factor it in, people who play offline and still get fight money have just gotten over $30 in free content.

My Xrd knowledge is not very deep, but I would guess that Sin is just an unlockable boss character, not a DLC character. So Xrd using in game currency to unlock extras already in the game is nothing worth policing/requiring an online connection for. If Sin was a $7 Aksys DLC character, I don't think you'd be able to earn your FM offline for it.

Whales

Banned
Is Vega's V-Trigger hit- and throw invincible? Any place where I can look something like that up?

On startup it isn't, I got a frw crush counters like that vs a friend

When the attack starts tho? It goes so fast so it might as well be lol

Pompadour

My Xrd knowledge is not very deep, but I would guess that Sin is just an unlockable boss character, not a DLC character. So Xrd using in game currency to unlock extras already in the game is nothing worth policing/requiring an online connection for. If Sin was a $7 Aksys DLC character, I don't think you'd be able to earn your FM offline for it.

You're right. Sin being unlockable is really just a formality, too. If you watch the Story Mode, which has 0% gameplay, then you'll get enough money to buy him. It's a completely different situation than SFV.

Hex

Banned
Why would you though, just cr. mp all day

Exactly, you have one of the best AAs right here.
THIS is (one of the many reasons) why Infiltration is a machine, he does not over do it.
He uses the Cr + MP (I think it is?) for Nash's anti air like a laser.
Nash has fancier options, but why?
Birdie has the hair of doom, use it.

Jarekx

TIL From a close range you can V-cancel Ryu's target combo and hit a lk tatsu after it into Super for like 450 damage and 500-550 stun. It also pushes from midstage to corner.

It's interesting but something that I probably won't be able to make use of often. Still another trick to pull outta the hat, I suppose.

This time around they are actually giving notifications during matches that there are 30 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. to the maintenance. I don't recall seeing that the last couple of times (last time they didn't give any in-game notification), and it's a pretty neat that they can do that.

Ucchedavāda;199432948 said:
This time around they are actually giving notifications during matches that there are 30 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. to the maintenance. I don't recall seeing that the last couple of times (last time they didn't give any in-game notification), and it's a pretty neat that they can do that.

I definitely remember the notifications being there last time they went down for maintenance.

I definitely remember the notifications being there last time they went down for maintenance.

Huh, interesting. I just recall thinking, on the 22nd, that it was really odd that they didn't give any in-game notification of the maintenance that day. Maybe my client was just not showing it.

You have to be basically already in the space that the flame fills on activation.

Yeah, well, I'm good at being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
But that does explain why I haven't been able to get it to work myself, the couple of times I've tried.

So my ending 2 games, first another french ragequitter, followed by getting destroyed by a high Ruy. I need that 7h maintainence to cool my brain down. Fuck this game

Game is really starting to sour on me this weekend. Can barely find 5 bar matches, and most of the 4 bar matches have near unplayable rollback and teleporting. I just wanna play good matches! I don't feel that's much to ask.

Game is really starting to sour on me this weekend. Can barely find 5 bar matches, and most of the 4 bar matches have near unplayable rollback and teleporting. I just wanna play good matches! I don't feel that's much to ask.

Nothing worse than laggy / tele-porting matches. :(
Have you checked that nothing is going on with your connection? I.e. played other online games and / or ran Ping Test? There might be something going on that you can fix.

Tirael

See if it gets better after maintenance. They're making a lot of changes in this patch, and Street Fighter is their baby. Wouldn't surprise me if they made some improvements.

Ucchedavāda;199435300 said:
Nothing worse than laggy / tele-porting matches. :(
Have you checked that nothing is going on with your connection? I.e. played other online games and / or ran Ping Test? There might be something going on that you can fix.

Yep I play Tekken a fair bit and don't run into issues, and my ping stuff seems pretty good to me. That's really what amps up the frustration for me; I can go play another fighting game and be fine, but this game that Capcom bet so heavily on the online experience, is a pretty subpar experience. Netcode aside, there's just so much stuff that flat out doesn't work yet.

But hey, the tournaments are good.

Who were the people in the FGC thread complaining about Kens in the top 16 and 8?

See me!!!

Ft5!!

Call me Julio Jr.! We gotta put Ken on the map, too many scrubs giving our character a bad rep

Had a goofy, SF-inspired idea for a t-shirt last night. Wouldn't call myself an artist by any means, I ended up putting something together anyway. It's a bit minimalist and I can't really improve it further, but I figured it was worth sharing anyway.

HkAwqLt.png

Yep I play Tekken a fair bit and don't run into issues, and my ping stuff seems pretty good to me. That's really what amps up the frustration for me; I can go play another fighting game and be fine, but this game that Capcom bet so heavily on the online experience, is a pretty subpar experience. Netcode aside, there's just so much stuff that flat out doesn't work yet.

That's really odd, then, and makes me wonder where the problem lies.
Could be the match-making, some odd dependency on the CFN server during matches, or the netcode itself, or something I haven't even thought of. Hopefully today's maintenance and whatever bugfixes they've included in the patch improves your situation.

But hey, the tournaments are good.
Extremely good!
It's funny, in hindsight, how people complained about how slow this game was.

You're right. Sin being unlockable is really just a formality, too. If you watch the Story Mode, which has 0% gameplay, then you'll get enough money to buy him. It's a completely different situation than SFV.
Pretty sure you only get 100k of the 200k you need to unlock him when you watch the story mode.

Your point still stands, just thought I'd point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom