• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

maks

SFV employs a the guts system or whatever its called. Basically their is extra scaling when your opponent loses a certain amount of life. When he/she is below 50% every hit you do after that does 90% of its original damage. When he/she is below 25% every hit you do after that does 75% of its original damage. Most supers do 320 damage. So do the math and half of that is 160 and three-fouths of that is 120.

Thanks that makes it pretty clear. If given a choice, do you guys think that players actually prefer it like this?

Whales

Banned
Thanks that makes it pretty clear. If given a choice, do you guys think that players actually prefer it like this?

The guts system?

I actually don't mind it. It's not a ''Comeback'' per se because both players get affected by it.

In a game like SFV, without it rounds would finish waaay too quickly. The matches are already pretty fast so having that system to slow it down it good imo

mbpm1

I fought against my friend today. He's incredibly skilled and was pretty much destroying me. It wasn't until the very last rounds where I started doing Crush Counters on him that I started beating him.

I. Totally. Forgot. Crush. Counters. Existed.

Memory crush countered

I fought against my friend today. He's incredibly skilled and was pretty much destroying me. It wasn't until the very last rounds where I started doing Crush Counters on him that I started beating him.

I. Totally. Forgot. Crush. Counters. Existed.

Who do you play? Almost every character has a very usable CC.

Edzi

I wish they would have implemented GG style lobbies so we could hold active Gaf lobbies. As it is now, it might be too boring to wait your turn if a lobby is full, though it could still be fun for some of us to have training sessions with around 3ish people.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wish they would have implemented GG style lobbies so we could hold active Gaf lobbies. As it is now, it might be too boring to wait your turn if a lobby is full, though it could still be fun for some of us to have training sessions with around 3ish people.

yup. it was boring in SF4 because of the wait and it will be boring in SFV. unless you're better than everyone else in the lobby and keep winning. the "i got next" concept is outdated for home console/online play. similar to how people harp on matchmaking times.

pretty much why i didn't care when it wasn't in at launch and was curious why people were making a big deal about it.

Namco did this so well in the EXVS games. 8-player lobbies with 2 concurrent 2v2 games going; shuffling opponents and teams.

Whales

Banned

How do GG lobbies work? You can play a bunch of games at the same time ?

Was the last 7 hour maintenance exactly hours?

Oh the chaos that would ensue if it went 20 minutes over.

well, they said 7 hours, so I hope it really is 7 and not more :p

qcf x2

Let everyone try him for free before having to pay with FM/ buying the season pass which is exactly what they're doing.

Will laugh if the servers are fucked or somehow Alex isn't downloadable during the "trial" period. I wonder if the season passers are questioning their purchase... I went from guaranteed to pay to not a chance during the disappointing buildup to the botched release.

Speaking of botched releases, I'm watching the March update preview vid and I just noticed you still can't set a bars requirement for Battle Lounge. Capcom what-the-fuck, why can't you be decent? Can't wait to get lag bodied every single time I join a lounge with more than 1 other player. Dat 29 day wait for an update that doesn't address the 2 most egregious issues (bar restriction/searching in BL and rage quitters).

RedAssedApe

Banned
in the same vein as your complaint, anyone know why some players don't show up with a region indicator? are you not required to select one when you create an cfn id or is it just slow to display?

well, they said 7 hours, so I hope it really is 7 and not more :p

yes concurrent matches within one lobby so people aren't waiting. i think latest skull girls does this too?

Hex

Banned
I just think it's the simplest answer to why they haven't shown anything. Not questionable marketing, not typical capcom, they just aint done.

Not that it's a good thing.

If Alex wasn't done they would have had Balrog next, since people have already played with him.
You are trying too hard.

I just think it's the simplest answer to why they haven't shown anything. Not questionable marketing, not typical capcom, they just aint done.

Not that it's a good thing.

A 7 hour maintenance would have nothing to do with the character, since he comes out in two days. Alex not being shown and unfinished doesn't make much sense, because they had a blog post detailing his moves with images. You could say, "well, we don't get to see them in action/missing animations/whatever", but I honestly think it's just Capcom being Capcom in this situation.

Will laugh if the servers are fucked or somehow Alex isn't downloadable during the "trial" period. I wonder if the season passers are questioning their purchase... I went from guaranteed to pay to not a chance during the disappointing buildup to the botched release.

Speaking of botched releases, I'm watching the March update preview vid and I just noticed you still can't set a bars requirement for Battle Lounge. Capcom what-the-fuck, why can't you be decent? Can't wait to get lag bodied every single time I join a lounge with more than 1 other player. Dat 29 day wait for an update that doesn't address the 2 most egregious issues (bar restriction/searching in BL and rage quitters).

I don't know why any SP people would be mad since they get to spend their FM on everything else instead of having to use it on characters.

And I really don't want them to wait for an update for the RQ solution. Let it come when it's finished.

Even better, the "kick" functionality breaks at random, so sometimes you can't even remove that person with 2 bars who won't leave even after you try to tell them that the "connection is slow", or whatever the canned phrase is.

Whales

Banned
yes concurrent matches within one lobby so people aren't waiting. i think latest skull girls does this too?

Does it creates any additional lag?

If not, then they really should have done this then. It actually sounds pretty cool

But is there even a confirmation that lobbies are gonna be king of the hill?

FluxWaveZ

Xrd's lobby was worse than P4A and BB's arcade lobby structure.

P4A2-Lobby-Trailer.jpg

Pretty much exactly how it looks. You assume an avatar and, in an arcade lobby, face off against whoever you want, with the loser getting kicked off the cabinet and the winner staying seated. Unnecessary at first glance, very good in execution.

Xrd did have the "standard" type of lobby where multiple people could play at once, though. Having that option is better than just having the KotH style.

Does it creates any additional lag?

If not, then they really should have done this then. It actually sounds pretty cool

Nope, at least not in the matches themselves.

I personally like the king of the hill lobbies. It raises the stakes. Nothing like knocking a guy off after he ran through the entire lobby.
Maybe they will add more options in the future though.

I personally like the king of the hill lobbies. It raises the stakes. Nothing like knocking a guy off after he ran through the entire lobby.
Maybe they will add more options in the future though.
I agree. Makes lobbies with players of different skill levels more fun since taking a game off that guy who's been beating everybody feels more satisfying.

P4A2-Lobby-Trailer.jpg

Pretty much exactly how it looks. You assume an avatar and, in an arcade lobby, face off against whoever you want, with the loser getting kicked off the cabinet and the winner staying seated. Unnecessary at first glance, very good in execution.

Xrd did have the "standard" type of lobby where multiple people could play at once, though. Having that option is better than just having the KotH style.

Ultimax also had the standard lobby where you can make a private lobby and play with a few people and people can match up with each other inside the private lobby. Afaik you can either make it King of the hill style or let people match up with each other.

I love the arcade system in BB/Ultimax. If they implemented a feature where you can wait in a line at an arcade while 2 people are playing and spectate a match while you're waiting it would've been perfect.

A 7 hour maintenance would have nothing to do with the character, since he comes out in two days. Alex not being shown and unfinished doesn't make much sense, because they had a blog post detailing his moves with images. You could say, "well, we don't get to see them in action/missing animations/whatever", but I honestly think it's just Capcom being Capcom in this situation.

Yeah, that's not necessarily true.

Whales

Banned

P4A2-Lobby-Trailer.jpg

Nope, at least not in the matches themselves.

Thanks for the explanation. This is actually really neat.

I assume you can spectate by juste going on one of the arcades where people are playing? I actually like spectating matches a lot. You can learn a lot from your opponent this way.

I agree. Makes lobbies with players of different skill levels more fun since taking a game off that guy who's been beating everybody feels more satisfying.

What you describe can still happen if the game allowed multiple, simultaneous matches, especially if the game tracks streaks per player, but without each player having to sit on their hands for N - 2 matches every time they lose. This scales better, and is a lot more friendly to less skilled player(s) in the lobby, since they can otherwise expect to only play one match before getting back in line in a KotH situation.

FluxWaveZ

I assume you can spectate by juste going on one of the arcades where people are playing? I actually like spectating matches a lot. You can learn a lot from your opponent this way.

Nope, you couldn't actually spectate in the arcade lobbies in P4AU and in BB, just the standard lobbies. That's a good idea, though, it's something players wanted. That might be something that would actually add lag, though, but maybe arcade lobbies like it in the future will figure it out.

I think on ps4 it includes the size of previous patches so patch is def same size for ps/ps4

Based on SteamDB, it looks like the post-patch size is only about 600 MB more than before the patch. The big patch-size may simply be due to the way the game is packaged, rather than the amount of content changed and / or added.

xrd basically has these 4 areas, and in each area 2 players can fight, and below them are a bunch of slots for players to spectate/wait for their turn

Gonna take about a half hour for my download which isn't bad for almost 7GB.

Wasn't that long ago it took me about a whole day to download something this big on PS3.

You can run it now, and it seems that you get EXP / FM rewards for the trials and tutorials, but you need to be online according to a popup I just got. Also, the trials do not seem to be super difficult, e.g. Necalli #10 is sHK, V-Trigger, crHP, QCF+HK, CA.

Whales

Banned
xrd basically has these 4 areas, and in each area 2 players can fight, and below them are a bunch of slots for players to spectate/wait for their turn

Seeing all these good systems capcom could have taken inspiration from is sad cuz we only got basic stuff in sfv :/

If the update is live did they finish earlier??

Ucchedavāda;199459416 said:
You can run it now, and it seems that you get EXP / FM rewards for the trials and tutorials, but you need to be online according to a popup I just got. Also, the trials do not seem to be super difficult, e.g. Necalli #10 is sHK, V-Trigger, crHP, QCF+HK, CA.

Can you see if any titles are unlocked by completing trials?

Shame they are so easy :/ was my favorite part of 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom