• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

probably connected to slow server. usually stopping and restarting the download a few times speeds things up.
Yep, as usual with PSN.
First try showed me an estimate of 7 hours, paused and restarted it to go under an hour...
I hope one day they will fix this.

Speaking of botched releases, I'm watching the March update preview vid and I just noticed you still can't set a bars requirement for Battle Lounge. Capcom what-the-fuck, why can't you be decent? Can't wait to get lag bodied every single time I join a lounge with more than 1 other player. Dat 29 day wait for an update that doesn't address the 2 most egregious issues (bar restriction/searching in BL and rage quitters).

they don't keep track of standards. that's the only explanation one can give. they apparently never played SFIV online or any of the other FG released after it.

Sheroking

Ucchedavāda;199459416 said:
You can run it now, and it seems that you get EXP / FM rewards for the trials and tutorials, but you need to be online according to a popup I just got. Also, the trials do not seem to be super difficult, e.g. Necalli #10 is sHK, V-Trigger, crHP, QCF+HK, CA.

I really don't see how they could be difficult with the frame buffer. The hardest SF4 trials were like "do four frame perfect links in a row".

Everything else was cake.

gA44Wg6.jpg

Obscura

The problem with that is for updates it has to "prepare for download" first/everytime you restart, and that alone can take up to 2-5 minutes.

Sounds like a problem with your connection. It takes 10-30 seconds for a download to prepare for me. My connection is shit but I have port forwarding set up. Might help.

What? These times are not right at all. It went down, as planned, at 1:00 PM EDT. 7 hours would make that 8:00 PM EDT. It's been a bit more than 4.5 hours.

i got kicked out at 3pm when i was playing with a buddy and got the notice that it's down. we tried to reconnect for 20min to no luck, getting the server notice everytime.

it's nearly 12am so 9 hours. we played all afternoon offline.

Edzi

The fact that the update had Alex might mean that people can find his alt costume/trailer in the PC version right? If Capcom won't show us, hopefully someone can force it out of the game files. I just wanna get hype, yet Capcom won't let me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
i got kicked out at 3pm when i was playing with a buddy and got the notice that it's down. we tried to reconnect for 20min to no luck, getting the server notice everytime.

Nah, they went down 7pm CEST (looks like that's your timezone), I played till then

FluxWaveZ

Last time there was a 7-hour maintenance, I was also booted off the network and it wouldn't let me connect back hours before the maintenance actually happened. It was for a minority back then, so maybe the same happened to you and your friend as well. Officially, it went down at the scheduled time ~5 hours ago.

Sounds like a problem with your connection. It takes 10-30 seconds for a download to prepare for me. My connection is shit but I have port forwarding set up. Might help.

I am running dmz

And yea i probably exaggerated on that, prob a minute tops but in that situation is feels like an eternity lol

Dartastic

Just wondering, but does anyone experience their PS4 crashing and turning off when leaving the game in standby with a stick plugged in? I don't have any issues when playing, but for some reason my PS4 likes to turn off while in standby a ton while SFV is on.

Last time there was a 7-hour maintenance, I was also booted off the network and it wouldn't let me connect back hours before the maintenance actually happened. It was for a minority back then, so maybe the same happened to you and your friend as well. Officially, it went down at the scheduled time ~5 hours ago.

well, thanks for nothing capcom :p

Shito

FYI, the "preparing to download" phase has nothing to do with one's connection: the system is just parsing the already existing patched files to know what it needs to download, meaning that as time goes by and patches add up, it gets longer and longer.
Destiny players know that very well, latest patches could take more than 10 minutes stuck on this step. :D

cordy

Banned
Damn, dude looks older than Ken and Ryu. Look forward to playing him but man they need to work on his face. Ken's too because he's long overdue for a fix.

Order

Ucchedavāda;199461346 said:
Go to Settings, and then Sound Settings, and then Character Voice Language, and you can hear his voice. It's .. meh. But I don't have a feel for how he sounded in 3S.
Is his theme in there too?

Edzi

Damn, dude looks older than Ken and Ryu. Look forward to playing him but man they need to work on his face. Ken's too because he's long overdue for a fix.

Eh, I actually think he looks young overall. The way he's dressed helps, but the face isn't bad either, just different. I think people are just thrown off that he looks so different compared to his art/sprite, which is to be expected since anime is hard to translate into 3d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom