• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

These new tutorials are pretty decent. Also easy FM for just watching them.

The characters also get exp for watching their character guides lol.

Did they make Survival Mode easier?

Also, currently, there are three tiers of people right now in the server queues.
People who are in and having no connection problems at all. I like to think these people are on some sort of whitelist, or were just in beforehand.
People who have to wait through long ass loading screens to do anything. Doesn't look like a lot of us are in this, but I am currently, and so are a few people.
People who can't get in at all. Only seen a handful of people here.

Mediking

Her DP is invincible so watch out for wakeup DPs. If you go for a meaty she'll go for a DP everytime. same goes for fireballs.

Her EX and V trigger spiral arrow is projectile invincible, so if you throw a fireball from long range expect to get hit. EX cannon slicer is also projectile invincible so watch out for that as well.

Her normal dive kicks (cannon strikes) are heavily nerfed in this game, so you can pretty much AA or hit them out of it if you time it right. Easily punishible with EX legs or EX bird.

You can grab her out of her spin knuckle and blocked knee bullets.

She doesnt have an overhead, so keep blocking down back and catch the jump ins and you'll have her beat.

Stop sharing how to beat my main, buddy!!!!

HabeeNo

Also, currently, there are three tiers of people right now in the server queues.
People who are in and having no connection problems at all. I like to think these people are on some sort of whitelist, or were just in beforehand.
People who have to wait through long ass loading screens to do anything. Doesn't look like a lot of us are in this, but I am currently, and so are a few people.

I'm on that same struggle tier as you :(

Did the loading times increase or am I going (more) senile?

Server issues, baby! We back to black screens and that box in the corner.

Ah well, I'll just practice in training till things get squared away.

I don't think those are because of the servers. Even going into offline modes it's slow

Are you going into the offline modes while still online? As soon as I go offline, it works alright.

ElFly

Holy shit, after a Ranked Match, I no longer have to "Connect to the server" and start waiting for an opponent immediately.

Maybe they just changed the message tho :D

on the other hand, loading times :(

BiggNife

Also to everyone who said "lol no one is ever going to rematch," literally every match I've had so far has had my opponent agree to rematch whether I won or lost.

Edzi

These trials are a joke, but they seem like they'd be really useful for beginners. Most of Necalli's were stuff you'd actually use in a match.

Moaradin

Also to everyone who said "lol no one is ever going to rematch," literally every match I've had so far has had my opponent agree to rematch whether I won or lost.

It also helps that rematch is the default choice. I'm sure most people are going to be rematching.

Nm, just saw this:

ln9lXpH.jpg

Rather disappointed. Basically Karin's just a color switchup from default and a ponytail.

Super lame. :|

Dinjoralo

I think they'll be purchasable with FM... I feel like they wouldn't have added them now otherwise as they say Zenny isn't ready yet :)

That doesn't sound impossible to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had the costumes in the files before they figured out Zenny wasn't going to work. I have a hunch that SFVs development has been a bit snafu like that.

KingBroly

Banned
These trials are a joke, but they seem like they'd be really useful for beginners. Most of Necalli's were stuff you'd actually use in a match.

I don't think they're easy. I think they're A HELLUVA lot easier than SF4's Calculus Combo Trials of Insanity. At least the combos here are manageable in actual gameplay.

They also tell me that I have no fucking clue how R. Mika works as a character, cuz I don't get her 'throw into the wall' move at all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Apparently its a PS4 only thing, sounds like PC isn't having this issue

Server issues, baby! We back to black screens and that box in the corner.

Ah well, I'll just practice in training till things get squared away.

Are you going into the offline modes while still online? As soon as I go offline, it works alright.

You're not alone on this

For a second there i thought my ps4 was dying.

I haven't posted a rage quit video in about a month. But I couldn't help it but upload this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4O4qnK3wa8

I thought he seemed pretty sketchy because he kept spamming wall dives, did a lot of random slides, and would walk back during block strings instead of blocking down back. I nailed him plenty of times with a raw cr. MK, HK tatsu just because he was being too predictable. But he lost the 1st game and stuck around. Then this happened in the 2nd game.

Xeteh

Nm, just saw this:

Rather disappointed. Basically Karin's just a color switchup from default and a ponytail.

Super lame. :|

You high.

Karin's new costume looks awesome. I'm tempted to get it even though I'm total ass with her.

Yeah, about that. Wrong-O.

Select any character's trial

Press pause

Select 'Go to Character Selection'

Count the seconds.

I counted 86

On PC? I'm only repeating what I've read, people I saw were saying PC wasn't having any loading issues. I'm on PS4 though so I'm suffering through them.

KingBroly

Banned
You high.

Karin's new costume looks awesome. I'm tempted to get it even though I'm total ass with her.

On PC? I'm only repeating what I've read, people I saw were saying PC wasn't having any loading issues. I'm on PS4 though so I'm suffering through them.

Yeah, I'm on PC

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I was messing around in Extreme (no longer Hell!) difficulty earlier and it did kind of feel like the AI wasn't attacking much or blocking, ever, up through around 20 (when I quit to do something else).

I didn't notice any load time problems, but I was playing right after it came back online. I did have one match completely time out and disconnect before we even got to the VS screen.

It seems like the influx of concurrent players brought the servers back to the shitty behavior we enjoyed at launch. I wonder if Capcom will fix that shit or if we'll just have to wait until 70% of the playerbase drops out to have good load times again.

I hate that Laura costume because her tiddies have poor mapping

look at the jagged squares along her bikini line. absolutely-disgusting.jpg

Looks like the seam on a foil balloon.

FINALLY RANKED UP TO BRONZE.

Yeah I know I'm still in the shallow end but crossing the line out of Rookie territory feels like a huge step up.

i forgot how fun trial challenges could be. they're on the easy side, so i don't think they will last too long. people will blast through them in a few days and say this game has no content. finished ryu, cammy, nash and rashid. took me a while to realize you had to walk a step forward in ryu 10. the rest was pretty self-explanatory.

love all these costume previews. they're cool-attractive. i'm a little surprised. they'll be better in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom