• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Those new costumes are pretty much all really ugly/goofy I find. Save maybe for Dhalsim, and maybe Karin and Nash.

Cammy, Chun-Li and Ryu costumes are still the best IMO.

VariantX

This stream is getting me so excited for Alex.

It's pathetic that instead of showing us Alex themselves, Capcom just put him in the update and let the fans dig him out first.

Fuck, they didn't even tell us his full movelist. I view that as way worse than having no footage, as people where noticeably disappointed he didn't have his stomps according to their descriptions. Capcom could have addressed that and they chose to say nothing for...reasons?? They somehow deflated their own hype with this character and it took someone going into the game to pull him out early.

I can't get over Capcom's handling of Alex lmao

It literally would've taken someone on the team like 10 minutes to record some footage and then another 20 to cut some together to reveal him on their terms. Silly.

Murkas

She's waifu and trash.

Who is this man? Why does he say mean things? Please do not bully.

Getting really bad loading times and it must be server side because I was doing challenges when the servers were still in maintenance and it was fine, came back after servers were back up and I was staring at the SF5 splash screen for ages.

Moaradin

It literally would've taken someone on the team like 10 minutes to record some footage and then another 20 to cut some together to reveal him on their terms. Silly.

in the end, I'm just glad he looks really good. He looks fun as hell, he has a sick theme, and they even got his voice right.

On the one hand, these should be BnBs on Trials for betterment purposes, but these links show the way to deftness of execution.

That said, drill -> st. short -> ex Flame? Why....

Those new costumes are pretty much all really ugly/goofy I find. Save maybe for Dhalsim, and maybe Karin and Nash.

Cammy, Chun-Li and Ryu costumes are still the best IMO.

Two Macho Man costumes in one game will not be questioned!

Indeed. Hope they learn with Guile.
I hope so too.
in the end, I'm just glad he looks really good. He looks fun as hell, he has a sick theme, and they even got his voice right.
Same, and I can't wait to play him on Wednesday, but it kind of kills the hype. :p stuff like alt costumes and that are FUN to datamine, we all get to enjoy seeing them one at a time in all their glory
/hideous-ness
, but something as big as a new character really needs that adrenaline push.

I hope when Ibuki drops we get her SFxT alt, or a variation thereof. It was pretty good:

sftk_pc_ibuki_alt__costume_backport_from_xbox360_by_moddah-d503ag1.jpg

Edzi

The voice is the most surprising part for me.I've yet to hear him in Japanese, but his English VA nailed it. Cant really say that for the rest of the cast.

Dude, seriously. That's freaking great. I finally crossed into Bronze a week ago and I nearly cried. I spend alotta time in training.

Seriously - I've spent more time in training mode in this version of SF than I have in pretty much any other fighting game I've ever played. It really helps that Mika is the first SF character that's really clicked for me and I've been making a huge effort to learn things regarding spacing and neutral game that I just didn't pay attention to before.

Getting to Bronze has basically meant that I've perfected my shoto strategy - 9 times out of 10 I can beat your stereotypical Ryu/Ken. But I'm just worried the higher I get, the more variety in characters I'm going to face and I'll start getting bodied.

Can't wait to try out Alex. Happy he got his dive back, and stomps of course. His story alt looks terrible, but I sorta like the second one. Maybe more so if he wasn't barefoot.

Any tips on how to do Birdie's 2nd trial? The third hit's giving me trouble :(

What's the command? I don't have the game fired up but I beat all of Birdie's trials.

Oh it's the lk lp bull charge. I find you just need to be smooth on the input. The lp has quite the hitstun on it and cancel window. After you press lp, press down and start doing the motion. The game also has quite the buffer on inputs, so you can even hit down before the lp animation comes out. It's how Chun's buffer the charge for that st.mp cr.mk spinning bird combos.

Just finished watching NCR top 8. Couple things:

Learned a shitload from Jwong's Karin. I need to incorporate Gurrenken more, I've been using it soley in combos but the way he established the backdash and then turned it into a pressure tool was cool.

Also his fight against Marn taught me some things about Mika, where the gaps are, ect. For sure a matchup I should study more.

And finally HOW THE FUCK DOES CAPCOM NOT HAVE AN ALEX TRAILER WTF. He's fucking playable and you don't even have a teaser for nearly 100k live watchers? I'm used to Capcom being completely oblivious when it comes to some obvious things (been playing MonHun for awhile now) but holy shit they just spiked the ball there. Now the first real footage of him we see is data mined...smh.

It's quite a conundrum with the new Karin hairstyle. In some pictures it makes her face look worse, and in others like this one she may look cuter. It's like Schrodinger's Waifu in here.
This is one hell of an unforgettable phrase.
Fuck, they didn't even tell us his full movelist. I view that as way worse than having no footage, as people where noticeably disappointed he didn't have his stomps according to their descriptions. Capcom could have addressed that and they chose to say nothing for...reasons?? They somehow deflated their own hype with this character and it took someone going into the game to pull him out early.
Seriously

The whining was expected considering how horribly he has been handled.

I'm starting to think theories about Capcom hating third strike might have some merit.
The default costumes have a bunch of new colors, apparently. Can't wait for the Shop.
Watch Capcom lock the colors behind hell survival mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom