• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

Welp, got Gief, Mika, and Vega done. Ryu, I got everything except trial 10, that's kind of a doozy for me. x_x

Anyone running a lobby?

You high.

Karin's new costume looks awesome. I'm tempted to get it even though I'm total ass with her.
Xbuko.jpg

my reaction

where my ibuki dammit

KingBroly

Banned
My thoughts on the Update:
- RIP Chun's P2 Boobs

- Demonstration Sucks; No interactivity whatsoever doesn't help me learn anything about the character. It's a digital instructional manual without much else. At least you get Fight Money and EXP for sitting through that crap.

- Trials are GREAT; It's just fun to pull off Combos in this game, and while it's not a lot, I do like that I have something to do now besides kill myself in Survival Mode

- Loading Times got worse; I just can't imagine how they pulled this one off

So...4/10 on the update, I guess. Still no Offline Versus, Fight Profile still isn't fixed either. And you still can't save preferences for Trials or Training. At this rate, I wonder when I'm going to say 'this feels like a complete product' because I can't imagine saying that in June right now.

My thoughts on the Update:
- RIP Chun's P2 Boobs

- Demonstration Sucks; No interactivity whatsoever doesn't help me learn anything about the character. It's a digital instructional manual without much else. At least you get Fight Money and EXP for sitting through that crap.

- Trials are GREAT; It's just fun to pull off Combos in this game, and while it's not a lot, I do like that I have something to do now besides kill myself in Survival Mode

- Loading Times got worse; I just can't imagine how they pulled this one off

So...4/10 on the update, I guess. Still no Offline Versus, Fight Profile still isn't fixed either. And you still can't save preferences for Trials or Training. At this rate, I wonder when I'm going to say 'this feels like a complete product' because I can't imagine saying that in June right now.
Probably won't feel compete until after 2016..

No interactivity on the demonstrations is balls, but I suppose they were going for a format where you can sit down and watch the thing. Would be better if people could warp to Training right after or something to test it out, but it's a good enough start.

I was messing around in Extreme (no longer Hell!) difficulty earlier and it did kind of feel like the AI wasn't attacking much or blocking, ever, up through around 20 (when I quit to do something else).

I didn't notice any load time problems, but I was playing right after it came back online. I did have one match completely time out and disconnect before we even got to the VS screen.

It seems like the influx of concurrent players brought the servers back to the shitty behavior we enjoyed at launch. I wonder if Capcom will fix that shit or if we'll just have to wait until 70% of the playerbase drops out to have good load times again.

Looks like the seam on a foil balloon.

God I hope it's toned down. Might try to do Normal. God willing, maybe I can clear it with more than just a lucky Ryu.

And I think Capcom is just gonna have to do something about the servers in general. Influxes are only to get worse.

Mediking

FINALLY RANKED UP TO BRONZE.

Yeah I know I'm still in the shallow end but crossing the line out of Rookie territory feels like a huge step up.

Dude, seriously. That's freaking great. I finally crossed into Bronze a week ago and I nearly cried. I spend alotta time in training.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hmmm. Yeah, I gotta hit the bed but I need to figure out why Fluffyquack's Mod Manager doesn't seem to do anything now. Maybe there will be a revision to make it patch-compatible.

Hmmm. Yeah, I gotta hit the bed but I need to figure out why Fluffyquack's Mod Manager doesn't seem to do anything now. Maybe there will be a revision to make it patch-compatible.
I don't know anything about the mod manager unfortunately so cannot help but I'm sure it will be updated soon :) most things are still in the same place so I imagine it would just need routes updating!

Trying to play in these lobbys is an exercise in frustration...half of the time I connect and its a bunch of people in a Country 10000 miles away. Other times the battle lounge doesn't exist...almost all of the time there are no bars for connections.

Had to just turn it off when I realized I spent more time looking for a playable lobby/getting disconnected than actually fighting anyone.

At least got Karin and Ken's trials done. The demonstration mode is neat too.

But please God fix the online situation...its starting to seem like this is just going to be 'The way it is' forever.

Alex's powerbomb command grab range is ASS.

And I'll reserve my judgment on Karin until I see the colors. If it switches up like that 2p one, they may look decent after all.

Edzi

This stream is getting me so excited for Alex.

It's pathetic that instead of showing us Alex themselves, Capcom just put him in the update and let the fans dig him out first.

vg260

Welp, got Gief, Mika, and Vega done. Ryu, I got everything except trial 10, that's kind of a doozy for me. x_x

Yeah, either it's a crazy tight link or I'm missing something. Can't get the axe kick to hit after V-trigger. Tips anyone?

Edit: got it. It seems like you have to move a tad foward after the crsh counter hard kick

Edgeward

Except why is my pause disabled in trials mode?

It shouldn't be. Are you sure your buttons didn't get reset or something else outside of the game?

Yeah, either it's a crazy tight link or I'm missing something. Can't get the axe kick to hit after V-trigger. Tips anyone?

You have to walk forward a little bit after the counter hit in the beginning or else you won't be able to get the spacing right for the back RH.

Got Ken done. This is more enjoyable than SF4 as I don't have to FADC anything.

I cannot play Vega. Negative Edge is fucking me up trying to do 2/10 in Challenge mode.

Also I can't get Orochi to connect after the juggle as Karin in 5/10.

Moaradin

This stream is getting me so excited for Alex.

It's pathetic that instead of showing us Alex themselves, Capcom just put him in the update and let the fans dig him out first.

Yeah it's weird. Capcom's silence made it seem like Alex was unfinished or some shit, but everything about him seems great. He even has his stomp and elbow which people thought was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom