• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Outrage over a lack of trailer. I will never understand it. I'm sorry the character's coming out Wednesday and that's good enough for me.

It's a pr issue, and right now Capcom needs all the good pr they can get. It was such an easy way to do it too. I'm not upset, I'm disappointed they failed so hard.

Tirael

It's a pr issue, and right now Capcom needs all the good pr they can get. It was such an easy way to do it too. I'm not upset, I'm disappointed they failed so hard.

Taking bets for them 1) Releasing him with a small notification, like in-game or on Capcom Unity, or 2) Actually releasing a trailer for him.
Yeah right.

Zekes!

Yeah you think they'd be out there advertising it more since sales weren't exactly on fire

Edgeward

Oh I feel like such a scrub I can't for the life of me get Cammy's trial 10 done. Either I don't get super to come out or cancel cr mp to super without the SA in between. -_-

How do you do Ryu's 10th trial?

The axe kick never connects.

You have to walk up a little bit after the counter hit

Is it possible that Capcom drops the trailer on Wednesday when Alex is actually released? That could work better, to advertise him through a trailer and have him immediately available.

Hex

Banned

All pro players at the two kick off major events are tweeting out left and right how they love the game, there is coverage on ESPN and places that nobody would have imagined and pulling fantastic numbers, people who actually play the game instead of sitting on boards complaining are positive and have praise for it and yet on the interwebs armchair experts are still so damned ass sore that they hide behind bullshit statements like "Capcom needs all the good PR they can get".

ElFly

Oh I feel like such a scrub I can't for the life of me get Cammy's trial 10 done. Either I don't get super to come out or cancel cr mp to super without the SA in between. -_-

You have to walk up a little bit after the counter hit

Ooooh.

e: woop woop did it.

it was tricky to not do the dashing punch, and eventually the axe into short into tatsu proved difficult, but in ten minutes it all chained together.

Ferrio

Banned
All pro players at the two kick off major events are tweeting out left and right how they love the game, there is coverage on ESPN and places that nobody would have imagined and pulling fantastic numbers, people who actually play the game are positive and have praise for it and yet on the interwebs armchair experts are still so damned ass sore that they hide behind bullshit statements like "Capcom needs all the good PR they can get".

I'm ass sore because I love the game and I want more people to pick it up. You can't be serious in thinking that capcom doesn't have a pr issue right now involving this game.

Just finished watching NCR top 8. Couple things:

Learned a shitload from Jwong's Karin. I need to incorporate Gurrenken more, I've been using it soley in combos but the way he established the backdash and then turned it into a pressure tool was cool.

Also his fight against Marn taught me some things about Mika, where the gaps are, ect. For sure a matchup I should study more.

And finally HOW THE FUCK DOES CAPCOM NOT HAVE AN ALEX TRAILER WTF. He's fucking playable and you don't even have a teaser for nearly 100k live watchers? I'm used to Capcom being completely oblivious when it comes to some obvious things (been playing MonHun for awhile now) but holy shit they just spiked the ball there. Now the first real footage of him we see is data mined...smh.
Justin's Karin can teach us a lot of things.

That first set's final round was clutch.

z3phon

Sorry if this has been asked already how good are the trials and challenges? (for a new player). Is the info in those modes comprehensive?

Hex

Banned
I'm ass sore because I love the game and I want more people to pick it up. You can't be serious in thinking that capcom doesn't have a pr issue right now involving this game.

I think getting petty assed over an Alex trailer is not helping make people want to pick it up.
I am not saying that Capcom gets a free pass, but they are getting things in place and kicking dead horses about not getting a damned Alex trailer or other things when things are positive and moving forward does nothing for inspiring people to play the game.
New players do not give a shit about Alex enough that it will change their mind to buy the game if they were not inclined.
Especially not if it takes a stupid trailer on top of Alex being everywhere on every FGC site out there, and on the SFV dash.

Sorry if this has been asked already how good are the trials and challenges? (for a new player). Is the info in those modes comprehensive?

Surprisingly good.
It steps you up, forgives drops and allows you to watch it demonstrated over and over.

LegendX48

is it just me, or are lobbies kind of broken?

after only a single full lobby rotation, no one can start a match. The "Opponent has disconnected" error just keeps popping up after taking about a good minute to load.

edit: match finally started, kind of annoyed that it had to completely skip me and break three more times to finally get working again.

They are practical (not all are worth it, but I would say a decent amount are). They might not be the most damage or effecient use of meter but they aren't too crazy on execution or outlandish to land in a match. I can see people using the trial combos as a stepping stone. If you are new, I would say you can implement them. If you want to go deeper into what's possible, you would have to look up guides by the community. Though I think being comfortable and consistency with what you have now should come before trying something too hard or stylish.

All pro players at the two kick off major events are tweeting out left and right how they love the game, there is coverage on ESPN and places that nobody would have imagined and pulling fantastic numbers, people who actually play the game instead of sitting on boards complaining are positive and have praise for it and yet on the interwebs armchair experts are still so damned ass sore that they hide behind bullshit statements like "Capcom needs all the good PR they can get".
Bingo

Zackat

I would say there are only about 2 per character on average that are unpractical for normal play of the ones I have done. They don't have every BnB in there, but they do have a few. I think they will probably add more onto that mode as time goes on.

Pompadour

Oh I feel like such a scrub I can't for the life of me get Cammy's trial 10 done. Either I don't get super to come out or cancel cr mp to super without the SA in between.

You know you don't cancel SA into Super, right? You just launch them and juggle with Super. The only tricky part of that trial should be quickly doing a cannon spike.

Straight up this game is a joke, 2 days of 7 hour maintenance and still runs like shit.

I am almost certain that after the terrible sales, capcom just doesn't care anymore. The SF team itself im sure wants to do a better job but capcom jp aint giving no money to a dud of a game sales wise.

such a shame

is it just me, or are lobbies kind of broken?

after only a single full lobby rotation, no one can start a match. The "Opponent has disconnected" error just keeps popping up after taking about a good minute to load.

edit: match finally started, kind of annoyed that it had to completely skip me and break three more times to finally get working again.

Dang it, didn't realize this was the multi lobby patch. Gonna miss having so many 1 on 1 rooms.

So I have this extremely annoying problem trying to do a DP after a crouching attack.

I always get the CA to come out instead of the DP.

I've never really had this problem before.

Using a Hori FC4.

Anyone else have this problem?

Celcius

°Temp. member
So far Mika's trials are the only ones I've completed but I'm close to getting Ken and Birdie's.
Ready for Alex.

Edgeward

You know you don't cancel SA into Super, right? You just launch them and juggle with Super. The only tricky part of that trial should be quickly doing a cannon spike.

Goddamit, I should've looked at the demo first lol

Thanks

And done with Cammy. Much easier. I guess you can't cancel to SA to CA in v trigger?

Straight up this game is a joke, 2 days of 7 hour maintenance and still runs like shit.

I am almost certain that after the terrible sales, capcom just doesn't care anymore. The SF team itself im sure wants to do a better job but capcom jp aint giving no money to a dud of a game sales wise.

such a shame

Working on more DLC and releasing a bunch of updates means Capcom is done with the game?

And why do people keep thinking the sales of this game were terrible? World Wide, it's probably over a million easy. Whether or not it'll hit 2 million by the end of March is anyone's guess, but assuming Capcom doesn't give a shit because their servers are ass is just indicative of their incompetence.

laaame

So I have this extremely annoying problem trying to do a DP after a crouching attack.

Using a Hori FC4.

You could just hold down-forward for the crouching attack, and then go down to down-forward for the shoryuken.

I'd only recommend this if you are doing it for trials because you might mash out a super in a match.

You could just hold down-forward for the crouching attack, and then go down to down-forward for the shoryuken.

I'd only recommend this if you are doing it for trials because you might mash out a super in a match.

Well, that's working better. It's annoying though, I'm not sure if it's just the pad or maybe I've been doing shit weird my whole life and it just doesn't work in SFV. Oh well.

qcf x2

You really have your head in the sand bro. You're one of the last ones left. It's okay to enjoy the game and still hold Capcom accountable for the continuous string of disappointments and general and specific fuckups concerning Street Fighter V.

Also, they're "on ESPN" in the esports section because there isn't anything else for that section to cover besides whatever regularly scheduled MOBA tourney is taking place. How are those sales looking doe?

laaame

Well, that's working better. It's annoying though, I'm not sure if it's just the pad or maybe I've been doing shit weird my whole life and it just doesn't work in SFV. Oh well.

Yeah hitting diagonals kinda sucks on pad but its probably the easiest way since the shoryuken motion in this game is lenient. And on further testing, the method I mentioned is not too bad to use in a match since I found that it's really hard to mash out the super.
That could be me conditioning myself to not mash and now finding it harder to mash it out lol.
But yeah the FC4 is not a bad pad, the d-pad is a bit small though so the diagonals might be rough. It'll come in time.

Moaradin

The trials are pretty decent. A few practical combos and a few flashy ones. Does a good job at showing some combo potential. And it's pretty much free fight money.

ElFly

Using a Hori FC4.

Not really.

Try the shortcut, tho, diagonal down forward x 2 + punch.

Mupod

let's hope not but it looks like he does.

hope not? Alex is literally the reason I play charge characters now, never touched any before 3S. I was super bummed out when it seemed like they'd cut the stomp and slash elbow but I held out hope that they just weren't telling us everything

hope not? Alex is literally the reason I play charge characters now, never touched any before 3S. I was super bummed out when it seemed like they'd cut the stomp and slash elbow but I held out hope that they just weren't telling us everything

i just hate charge characters.

TheOGB

Banned
Karin looks like she came straight out of Cool Boarders

I suck at Ken run combos, or anything with his Chin Buster (Trial 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom