• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

To see if you belong in silver. If you win you get bumped up, if you lose you don't lose too much. Get used to it, it's going to happen no matter what rank you're in. You'll fight people below you and you'll fight people above you.

While I still think the first part would be more useful if I were close to silver, I did try to take your advice to heart. I easily lost a few more matches against higher ranked opposition, but finally, I grabbed a victory against someone a whole 900pp ahead of me. LP is just a number after all! At least when my opponent is using a character they've not played before.

Vex_

Banned
EX elbow? It works, many Laura's have landed it one me.

And many have failed because I threw out a EX fireball to bait them lol

No. She needs for her vdash to be useful. Right now, it serves as a slightly better dash. That's it. I could see if you could cancel it into stuff (other than the backwards one which defeats the point of her character: getting close).

Her vdash needs to have iframes in it.

Ferrio

Banned
No. She needs for her vdash to be useful. Right now, it serves as a slightly better dash. That's it. I could see if you could cancel it into stuff (other than the backwards one which defeats the point of her character: getting close).

Her v-dash is fine. It's one of the things about her that's absolutely great, one of the better v-skills for sure.

Her v-dash is already good. If you're just predictably using v-dash to get in, you deserve to get CC'd/smacked with a fireball.

But why?
Why is it fine? Elaborate pls.

Because I am leaning towards her v dash needing iframes.

But why?

On resets off an anti-air or ex fireball she can cross-up with her v-dash. She can also cancel st.mk with a v-dash as well to trick your opponent (though it's very punishable so you'll have to condition them to block), and back v-dashing has it's advantages as well where you can bait moves with a small v-backdash and go in for the counter.

No character in this game relies on a v-skill to be their gameplan, when it's supposed to be something that compliments their gameplan. V-skills also don't have to be anti-fireball tech.

Ferrio

Banned
But why?
Why is it fine? Elaborate pls.

Because I am leaning towards her v dash needing iframes.

It's a great mix-up and mobility tool. It makes stuff safe that otherwise wasn't, sets up cross under mixups, allows you to advance after block strings, dodges cross-ups and is an incredible shimmy tool.

Besides it having i-frames would be completely broken.

Vex_

Banned
On resets off an anti-air or ex fireball she can cross-up with her v-dash. She can also cancel st.mk with a v-dash as well to trick your opponent (though it's very punishable so you'll have to condition them to block), and back v-dashing has it's advantages as well where you can bait moves with a small v-backdash and go in for the counter.

No character in this game relies on a v-skill to be their gameplan, when it's supposed to be something that compliments their gameplan. V-skills also don't have to be anti-fireball tech.

It's a great mix-up and mobility tool. It makes stuff safe that otherwise wasn't, sets up cross under mixups, allows you to advance after block strings, dodges cross-ups and is an incredible shimmy tool.

Besides it having i-frames would be completely broken.

That seems incredibly weak. In comparison, Ken can do all of that and his cancels into special moves, normals, links normally unlinkable moves, etc.

So hers is like ken's but worse?

I was joking about the iframes part, but I am serious when I say her v skill is ass.

Ferrio

Banned
That seems incredibly weak. In comparison, Ken can do all of that and his cancels into special moves, normals, links normally unlinkable moves, etc.

Ken's doesn't cancel into special moves atleast not combo wise, don't know where you got that from. The only time you can combo from it is after a crush counter (as can Laura) or a very close st.HP if I recall.

Ken's doesn't go backwards, ken's isn't as fast, ken's doesn't get a huge upgrade when you're v-trigger is popped.

They both have difference purposes. Both serve was a way to advance, but Laura's is used for mixups and Ken's is used for a handful of combo extensions.

I was joking about the iframes part, but I am serious when I say her v skill is ass.

As well as what Ferrio said, Ken isn't a mixup character. On paper, Ken's v-skill might be "better", but she arguably gets just as much (if not more) use out of her's as Ken does from his.

Edzi

Haven't played for a couple days, who wants to help me warm up?

CFN: EdziPS, Silver League, located in the west coast US.

Vex_

Banned
Ken's doesn't cancel into special moves atleast not combo wise, don't know where you got that from. The only time you can combo from it is after a crush counter (as can Laura) or a very close st.HP if I recall.

Ken's doesn't go backwards, ken's isn't as fast, ken's doesn't get a huge upgrade when you're v-trigger is popped.

They both have difference purposes. Both serve was a way to advance, but Laura's is used for mixups and Ken's is used for a handful of combo extensions.

You don't have to get a crush counter in order to combo with it. Wut?

https://youtu.be/nNb6a1H_wqE

What I'm saying is, Ken has more options. Laura's is impractical. Like really? Dashing BACKWARDS? Oh that's SOOO SCARY. And you keep saying mix-ups? Her dashing forward or backward isn't a mixup. Dashing under, I'll give you. But Ken (sorry to keep bringing him up) can dash under you after air reset as well WITHOUT a vskill.

The best thing about her vskill is her overhead, I got more mileage out of that than her "dash". *busts out laughing*

:)

mbpm1

You don't have to get a crush counter in order to combo with it. Wut?

https://youtu.be/nNb6a1H_wqE

What I'm saying is, Ken has more options. Laura's is impractical. Like really? Dashing BACKWARDS? Oh that's SOOO SCARY. And you keep saying mix-ups? Her dashing forward or backward isn't a mixup.

The best thing about her vskill is her overhead, I got more mileage out of that than her "dash". *busts out laughing*

:)

That was waaay back when Ken has a good V-skill. He can't do that anymore I think.

RIP run combos

Neoxon

Was Alex's V-Reversal already posted in this thread? If not, here.

dJP7FQE.jpg

Trying to invite peeps, but I can't stay in a Battle Lounge for more than 10 seconds,

Yeah, I've been getting kicked out of battle lounge all the time. It's really annoying. I've officially taken a break from this game until the new update hits. BTW, in which I hope somebody makes a new thread for it considering this thread moves so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom