• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

lord_dubz said:
I already hate you

lol

I would say a few things. Don't mash short/jab on wake up you will get whiff punished with chars with better normals. Don't always go for tick throws on jump ins. Have a block string . The flying kick can be punished everytime with Mika's medium butt attack so if you run into someone else that can punish it I would be wary. Not sure how many know that though. And don't just throw out attacks in neutral. You just ended up throwing an unsafe move.

I would mix in a throw when you do your rolling v skill, it can be hard to react to. You spinning mixer should be relatively safe if you don't do the mash out version, you got whipped a few times because you tried to press another button after it was blocked instead of just being patient.

A lot of it is just down to your needing to press buttons when you don't need to and being able to think things out better when on the defensive. You can't just always go on instinct, you just ended up getting more damage from reset set-ups because you just froze up. And have better punishes when my slide or irish whip get blocked. A lot of free big damage was left on the table

Thanks for the Rashid games. I need more exp in it.

LegendX48

Bought a madcatz fightstick alpha and I'm not really liking it. Thinking of buying the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4. Anyone here use that stick? Is it any good? I can't handle the buttons on this Madcatz stick much longer.

I use it for the ps4 version. It's a damn good fightstick, the kuro buttons are fine and the hayabusa stick itself is much better than the sanwa jlf in the madcatz sticks as it reads your inputs more accurately.

Spman2099

Just got knocked out of ultra bronze. Fought nothing but silvers for the entirety of it... That feels a little harsh. They are silvers for a reason. Sure, I won some of my matches, but when I get nothing but them...

Came 2nd at my locals.

My locals are pretty free so I'm disappointed with second.

I need to get better.

I lost to a Necalli 3-1, in semi's, played out of losers, then 3-1 again in finals.

I know what I did wrong. I jumped too frequently, he would bait the spacing and punish it, but that made me realise I don't really have a safe way to get in with Rashid. If I jump, he punishes it, if I whirlwind, he charges through it. If I play the neutral game and try to win with footsies, well... his footsies are better than mine.

Feel like I've kind of hit a wall with the matchup. Part of the problem lies in playing so many bad Necalli's online though, Necalli's who don't punish rolls, whirlwind shot or jumps on reaction.

Zackat

I think I am going to stick with birdie after really trying him out the past 2 evenings. I like the mind games you can play with the chain and ranged command grab. Still need to work on f+hp to absorb fireballs and other things.

What is dolphin dives frames on hit?

Vex_

Banned
I think I am going to stick with birdie after really trying him out the past 2 evenings. I like the mind games you can play with the chain and ranged command grab. Still need to work on f+hp to absorb fireballs and other things.

What is dolphin dives frames on hit?

You mean bullslider?

It is -1hit/-5block.

yesterday I had a really annoying match, a Rashid that zipped around and kept jabbing all the time, he was like a wasp flying all around. Beat him but man that match was annoying.

Can anyone get the Information Voice option to work ? I swear I have never heard it once since the game released. It's the disembodied female voice that announces ranked match wins etc, I think.

I used to hear it in the beta, but not a single time in the actual game, even though I have the option on.

mbpm1

Can anyone get the Information Voice option to work ? I swear I have never heard it once since the game released. It's the disembodied female voice that announces ranked match wins etc, I think.

I used to hear it in the beta, but not a single time in the actual game, even though I have the option on.

I've heard it in streamed tournaments. Maybe it's a tournament mode feature

Came 2nd at my locals.

My locals are pretty free so I'm disappointed with second.

I need to get better.

I lost to a Necalli 3-1, in semi's, played out of losers, then 3-1 again in finals.

I know what I did wrong. I jumped too frequently, he would bait the spacing and punish it, but that made me realise I don't really have a safe way to get in with Rashid. If I jump, he punishes it, if I whirlwind, he charges through it. If I play the neutral game and try to win with footsies, well... his footsies are better than mine.

Feel like I've kind of hit a wall with the matchup. Part of the problem lies in playing so many bad Necalli's online though, Necalli's who don't punish rolls, whirlwind shot or jumps on reaction.

Easy - Make Necalli come to you. You'd be amazed at how much damage he has to eat when trying to get in. I have a mediocre Necalli u can run some sets against tomorrow if you want.

how does a ken beat a crouching gief that keeps doing that chop move, i'm fed up of those attacks now, what outranges it? i'd rather not be a hadouken spammer but i will if it beats them.

Piccoro

I've heard it in people playing online too. I just don't understand why I never heard it once at home.
She only speaks in local versus mode.
In the Betas she also talked in online battles.

Ferrio

Banned
Do you guys think Laura is a gimmicky character that will fall off once people are familiar with her shenanigans?

No.

I think she'll eventually not be able to get away with some of the stuff she can currently, but she'll can still put people in places that they have to guess the mixup.

Boy did I just have a good run. Got back from a little party, feeling great, not top of my game great, but for some reason I just decide I need a little rank match time.
1st fight, my 1st ever victory against a silver. And a Chun li at that, whom I have 0 experience against. Yet, it was not even close.
I realize then, as the winnings tick in, I'm closer to Ultra bronze than I've ever been. Maybe touched 1300 once, and I just broke 1400. So I just go for it. Wins and losses, lopsided and painfully close.
Then, out of no where, an ultra bronze Nash appears... Looking at his lp, I knew only one of us would be Ultra by the end...
First round, the guy blows me up so hard he narrowly misses a perfect on me. I'm shaken.
Second round, blows me up again, only this time, around 70% of the way to ending me, dude ends up in the corner. Jesus Necalli can kick some ass in the corner... I turn the entire thing around and end him before he even knew what hit him.
Round 3, mr Nash's gameplan somehow isn't as intimidating now, I see straight through his jump heavy nonsense. But its a tough fight, and goes right down to the wire. Each around 10%, we enter into a dangerous poke fight to the death! And then... he throws a knee. One of the few Nash normals I know to be unsafe. I type in two quarter circles without thought and... By golly, he doesn't disconnect!
Lol, sorry I'm sure this is a might cringe inducing to you guys, but gdamn I'm an Ultra bronze and, after spending so long stuck in super, it feels fantastic!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So did I hear this right on Daigo's stream, Mago and Sako play Chun now instead of Karin?

ALso, is teching just way harder in this game than in 4? Like...I get thrown when I know they'll throw, that usually didn't happen to me in 4.

Hyun Sai

So did I hear this right on Daigo's stream, Mago and Sako play Chun now instead of Karin?

ALso, is teching just way harder in this game than in 4? Like...I get thrown when I know they'll throw, that usually didn't happen to me in 4.

I don't know about Mago, but Sako played Chun on stream, and that was insane. The first time I saw something like that with this character...

Throw timings are tighter than they were in 4, I believe. Every character has a different range so it's possible either you're throwing too early and they take advantage of it, or you're out of range for their throw and their throw does reach.

I believe Cammy has the shortest throw range and Birdie/Zangief has the longest? I remember there was a google doc with that info.

TacosNSalsa

From my understanding its even more lenient. I remember reading you have like 7 frames to tech a throw . The 5 startup plus an extra 2 when you actually get grabbed . I could be wrong though.. for the life of me I can't remember where I read it :-/

Renekton

Throw timings are tighter than they were in 4, I believe. Every character has a different range so it's possible either you're throwing too early and they take advantage of it, or you're out of range for their throw and their throw does reach.

I believe Cammy has the shortest throw range and Birdie/Zangief has the longest? I remember there was a google doc with that info.
Strangely enough, Chun's the shortest by a hair

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_V/ChunLi

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
another Nash, another jabber, honestly is this the start of Flowchart Nash? it legitimately feels like it. I won btw.
Nash's flowchart involves a lot of jumping.
Honestly, Nash might the character with the most predictable patterns online.

edit: Oh hey, the ranking servers are broken again.

These are the last things that cross my mind when thinking about Street Fighter IV and its combo system (which quickly became mindnumbing in its predictability) has always been tame compared to actual combo-oriented fighters. It didn't feel like older Street Fighters in the slightest to me.
Yeah and I get that but it's also what I liked about it. 4 as so much fun and a lot more polished. Street Fighter IV seemed to really embrace long combos as opposed to what the series is usually like. When I play a character like Bison, Cody, Evil Ryu and Seth, it's just a fun combo type game with many variations on how to do a combo and what you can link.
SFV has a more simple combo system that isn't about being flashy with combo extensions. I'm still enjoying it though. They're too very distinct games and at least the Capcom team still kept SF5 fun by subtracting and adding at the same time. Compared to Hal Labs and Smash 4, they just shat all over the game and took any fun out of it.

Was Alex's V-Reversal already posted in this thread? If not, here.

dJP7FQE.jpg

At ease, loser.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So anyone who cannot create a lobby (getting the disconnect after 1min or so), could you check your fighter profile and see if that is bugged for you, too?

It'll probably look like this:
unbenannt3rqcx.jpg

That seems to be the reason...

So anyone who cannot create a lobby, could you check your fighter profile and see if that is bugged for you?

It'll probably look like this:
unbenannt3rqcx.jpg

That seems to be the reason...
My profile looks like that and I can create a lobby just fine. I don't think these two issues are necessarily related.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My profile looks like that and I can create a lobby just fine. I don't think these two issues are necessarily related.
Doesn't mean anyone with a profile like that couldn't create one, but could be the other way around. I know three people like that now.

Fun fact: I played this game for 60h with no problem and just got the problem when I started playing in lobbies. It's a virus and it's spreading!

jett

D-Member

Sako was brutalizing everyone with Chun Li.

And up to that point he had only played in training mode because online doesn't work for him. :p

Mago played Karin last night though.

Vex_

Banned

It begins.

Skilletor

I'd say Sako playing Chun has more to do with how technical she is in this game (compared to the rest of the cast) than how good she is.

Not that she isn't good (best character, imo), just that a player like Sako is probably having fun with all the tools Chun has.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Sako was brutalizing everyone with Chun Li.

And up to that point he had only played in training mode because online doesn't work for him. :p

Mago played Karin last night though.
You're right he played Karin later, it was just a thing the commentator mentioned earlier on. I hope it's not true. I mean...he even kept using Yang in USF4, he can keep playing Karin.

zoobzone

Sako said he played Chun Li because other people told him it's a better character, he played a bit and just stuck to it.

Mago always knew a bit of Chun Li, he only played today because Fuudo forgot to switch characters and Sako played a lot already. He still mains Karin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom